1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NCAA Tournament Prospect Tracker

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by finsraider, Mar 17, 2022.

1. groovemachine

groovemachine Member

If Chet Holmgren ever scores 20 points in an NBA game I'll kiss a donkey on live tv. :)

#4401 groovemachine, May 27, 2022
    Last edited: May 27, 2022
    Corrosion, BigShasta, theDude and 5 others like this.
  2. D-rock

D-rock Member

Get ready! :D

20 is a low bar.

Mobley broke 20 several times. And Chet is even better offensively.

Reeko, "Hail Hydra", smoothie and 3 others like this.
  3. D-rock

D-rock Member

LMAO

You're not being very nice. :D

saleem and cmoak1982 like this.
  4. D-rock

D-rock Member

5. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Has anyone missed a shot yet?

6. cheke64

cheke64 Member

It looks like the dust has settled and Paolo will fall to us. This is what i'm seeing now

1. Jabari
    2. Chet
    3. Pao or Ivey

BigShasta likes this.
  7. J.R.

J.R. Member

8. groovemachine

groovemachine Member

How has the dust settled?

jiggyfly, xtruroyaltyx, xaos and 2 others like this.
  9. D-rock

D-rock Member

Paolo listed before Jabari and Sochan on best defenders list.

#4409 D-rock, May 29, 2022
    Last edited: May 29, 2022
    red5rocket likes this.
  10. D-rock

D-rock Member

Chet listed higher than Paolo on highest offensive impact list.

11. D-rock

D-rock Member

Chet best overall.

12. D-rock

D-rock Member

Jaylin Williams should be an option at #17.

13. D-rock

D-rock Member

14. CXbby

CXbby Member

Chet was the best player in college according to many advanced metrics, no one is disputing that. But there's more to drafting than just production in college otherwise the best player would always go first, which is rarely the case. Projection on how the player will translate to the nba, durability, AGE, are additional factors. Chet is older than many of the sophomores on that list meanwhile Paolo is the youngest one on the entire list. Assuming these players get better with age, that matters.

15. Croatian Sensation

Croatian Sensation I'd rather be a forest than a street

Keon Ellis isn't talked about at all, and I feel like he's the top 3&D guard/forward in the draft. 62% true shooting, on almost 60% shooting from 2pt range, 37-38% from 3pt on high volume, and almost 90% from the free throw line. Good rebounder for a guard. Fantastic disruptor on defense, averaged 2 steals per game and always picked up the opposing best player. Good measurements at the combine, 6'5 with a 6'9 wingspan and 3.8% body fat. Low usage rate, you can plug and play him in any lineup. He was Alabama's best performing player in the NCAA tournament.
    Completely overlooked and projected as a late second rounder, some team is going to get a steal. Wish the Rockets would buy a 2nd.

I also believe Kennedy Chandler is the best point guard prospect in the draft. His height problems at 6'0 have been greatly exaggarated, he finishes at the rim at a high clip using his 41.5 inch vertical leap, and is a nightmare on defense due to his 6'5 wingspan, great body and elite quickness. Terrific shooter at 40% from deep. Love him as a floor general too, very good at driving and kicking, finding shooters in the corners and keeping the dribble alive.
    Carried Tennessee in the NCAA tournament, even when they were clearly outmatched against Michigan. Had that moment with Juwan Howard at the final whistle, when Juwan hugged him after he broke down and started crying. Shows how much he cares.
    He can at least be that Tyus Jones type of player that is elite at running the bench unit to the point where you leave him in to close every game. Nix has left me very unconvinced so far.

AJ Griffin is so passive on both sides of the ball. Doesn't do absolutely anything on defense, while camping out at the 3point line on offense. Granted, he's a fantastic shooter, but when he puts it on the floor, his dribble takes him nowhere and he has no lift at the rim, although he's a decent finisher. Don't understand how he's a top 10 pick when his (highly unlikely) ceiling is Harrison Barnes.

David Roddy is a glorified Anthony Lamb.

16. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

All of those fancy stats and yet Paolo still sits #1 on Spinellas big board while leading his team further in the NCAA tourney than anyone else in that compilation of stats as a true freshman. Expecting low volume to maintain the same efficiency in the NBA at a higher usage for certain players is a convenient expectation. Stone said it himself that there is no need to draft guys with a higher ceiling when they have such a low floor compared to others. I think analysts are starting to account for that too. Boom or bust guys are the type of players that a no name no face franchise has to take a flyer on trying to establish an identity. They end up taking role players hoping they develop into something more because of their stats or their measurements. Thats how the Kings stay the Kings.

jiggyfly and MrButtocks like this.
  17. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

I’m eager to see how this pans out. I’m excited for Paolo if that’s what happens. Thank you lottery gods for the 3rd.

Verbal Christ, Aruba77 and cmoak1982 like this.
  18. MystikArkitect

This. Outside of trading out of the lottery there's nothing the Rockets do that won't have me excited.

xaos and Aruba77 like this.
  19. D-rock

D-rock Member

Hate to break it to you but Chet is very very likely the 1st pick in this draft.

I WANT Paolo to be drafted first, have said this over and over.

20. D-rock

D-rock Member

LOL

I like Spinella too but he's a fan, just like you.

KOC, Ford, Schmitz, Givony, etc. are the legit NBA draft pros.