1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NCAA Tournament Prospect Tracker

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by finsraider, Mar 17, 2022.

1. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

Despite each group of prospect supporters, cherry-picking for their favorite, or nit-picking against anyone not-their-favorite, any of the top three this year will make us a better team. There's no need to distort facts and tear the kids and each other apart.

We're sounding like the freaking D&D in here...

2. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

I can agree with that. If you sift through Chets game logs though you will see a pattern. Hyper defenders usually will be in foul trouble. Trick is picking spots and staying on the court. The blueprint is now out according to what Musselman said and NBA coaches will do the very same thing in attacking Chet so he will need to adapt - if this becomes a BS narrative like the ones that seem to follow Paolo then he will not get any favors from NBA officials either. Chet does get away with a fair share of fouls too on the flip side when you watch film. I also get the whole "game plan theory" out there that Smart just didnt want to utilize Chet, but in this game specifically Chet was a non factor without even focusing on his defense. Taking only 9 shots and ball watching is a bad look in a disqualification game.

jiggyfly and steddinotayto like this.
  3. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

As a rider on the Banchero Bus all I can say is that Chets Crew have gone out of their way to invent narratives. This whole thing started within good faith arguments about defense and shooting using advanced stats and tangible data for all the guys at the top of the draft. Since the burden of proof lies with the group whom those narratives were aimed (wrongfully) all Paolos supporters tried to do was redirect and correct the invented weaknesses with empirical data to support the opposite.

Then for a minute people started questioning his height. Had to post a graphic of Banchero standing next to Tatum to disprove the "6'8-6'9" claims. Cool. Move on. Then his athleticism was a question mark and he wasnt explosive and couldnt move laterally so then more videos of him busting out a 41" vertical had to be dug up and plenty of videos showing lateral movement on the perimeter vs guards and other "quicker" ballhandlers. Cool. Move on. Then for whatever reason yesterday it became a question of whether or not Paolo would improve as a 3 point shooter using his FT shooting as a knock??? Furthermore guys saying Alperen Sengun had a better chance of becoming a good 3 point shooter citing HIS free throw shooting in his only NBA season and then when people are put on notice that Paolo/Alpi shared a similar free throw rate somehow Sengun's Euro free throw shooting was a better marker than NCAA free throw shooting? How does that make any sense? Good faith is out the window.

Chet has only been questioned about his frame and his ability to put the ball on the court for the most part. Guys quick to ignore his wretched 3pt shooting in the biggest games of his college career and assume it wont ever be a problem at the next level? Cool no problem I think he's a decent shooter that just kind of choked in big games. No bid deal. A handful of videos had to be dug up by the same guys who questioned those things to begin with because none of his followers were providing the visual representation of the data sheets that they had a death grip on. Want to know why? Because there is not a whole lot out there to support Chet as a sure fire offensive weapon in the NBA. Surely not to push forth a guy with "guard skills" and dribble/drive/dish abilities on par with the other guys in the discussion.

I've put on ignore some really respected guys around here for the continuity of the board at large and for civility, but everyone involved shares some blame. Paolo has been slandered and reduced to a guy that dudes around here wouldnt pick at 3, but "maybe I'd take him at 7" type arguments?? SMH Opinions are great! Differing ideas are great! Debate is great! But the projection of malicious gaslighting, lying, and overall ******* type behaviour by the Paolo guys has been massively overstated by his detractors who were doing that exact same thing.

Keep it real. Go Rockets!

Ekiu, kpdark, jiggyfly and 2 others like this.
  4. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Another BS narrative that needs to die is that it was Gonzaga Coach Mark Few who is to blame for not fully unlocking Chet. That man saw Chet in practice every single day! If Chet was busting cheeks all day every day and wearing out Timme and everyone else how does it make sense that he would intentionally freeze him out? Did that coach prefer the installation of team ball over winning?? Cmon man.

Done with rants for the week - time to go hit some golf balls. You boys play nice. See ya'll on Monday!

5. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

I'm liking this post for the usage of "busting cheeks all day every day"

Ekiu and jiggyfly like this.
  6. D-rock

D-rock Member

Paulo's weakness is rim protection.

As well as PnR defense or switch defense.

Eason only fixes one of those.

But keep putting weaknesses in quotes, I'm sure the slow witted will eventually start believing you.

LOL

7. D-rock

D-rock Member

There are levels to this, your take is simplistic to the extreme.

If you don't believe coaches make a difference in unlocking potential or putting players in roles to maximize their strengths then it explains why you are so anti-D'Antoni.

D'Antoni took an All Star SG and made him an All Star PG who led NBA in assistsas well as helping level up his scoring to historic averages and efficiency .

Under D'Antoni, Harden also improved his defensive focus and led NBA in steals.

No player has led NBA in scoring, assists AND steals.

Ever.

Harden was good with other coaches, he became a HOFer under D'Antoni.

Every analyst who has followed Holmgren's career has commented that Few did not utilize Holmgren's entire bag he showed in HS and International competition. Even NBA analysts worth their salt have projected Holmgren to be better offensively than he showed at Gonzaga.

And FYI, Chet had ridiculous offensive efficiency even with the low usage and a more limited role.

You're just a propagandist now.

COACHES MATTER

cmoak1982 likes this.
  8. Ekiu

Ekiu Member

MDA? What year is this?? He can go to Philly.

And did you mean Adelman? Or that you want Adelman type offensive geniuses playing under MDA?

9. D-rock

D-rock Member

There is not one single thing I've invented about any prospect.

You are obviously projecting.

You've pushed BS theories from jump street.

You've morphed from a good poster into a hysterical QAnon cultist since the last draft.

Little Bit and cmoak1982 like this.
  10. D-rock

D-rock Member

He obviously meant Adelman.

11. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

The point was that they went at him and caused the Refs to make a call and most of the fouls were legit, do you think he is going to get calls in the NBA?

Just look at how Sengun could not stay out of foul trouble.

He is not going to be able to get away with just length in the NBA they are going to be physical as well and better and taller athletes.

12. Ekiu

Ekiu Member

No he meant MDA... He clarified a little in the thread. "Adelman has been retired for 8 years now"

13. D-rock

D-rock Member

The Sac team and players he referenced was coached by Adelman, not MDA.

If he contradicts this in another post, then I've obviously misinterpreted him which was not my intent.

Just using common sense - since both Vlade and Webber were unlocked by Adelman.

14. Ekiu

Ekiu Member

Bruh...

This reminds me of the last dude from Gonzaga who hyped himself. Chet you weren't even the best player in the WCC.

He'll face that in the NBA... Refs don't give rookies any benefit. Got learn how play like EJ "big balls" Liddell.

Interesting enough Liddell and Holmgren we're both in Santa Barbara a few days ago signed with the same agency. I would if they got some work in together.

Verbal Christ likes this.
  15. Ekiu

Ekiu Member

I literally replied to you that he clarified in another post(#4227).

16. D-rock

D-rock Member

My bad.

17. MystikArkitect

Such a dumb dumb thing to say. You don't need to give NBA players more ammo than they already have. Best prospect? Alright we can argue that. Best NBA player? KD and Steph are going to bend your legs into a pretzel and Giannis is going to dunk you into the rim.

Verbal Christ and Ekiu like this.
  18. D-rock

D-rock Member

Other guys saying dumb things?

don grahamleone and cmoak1982 like this.
  19. D-rock

D-rock Member

20. D-rock

D-rock Member