1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NCAA Tournament Prospect Tracker

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by finsraider, Mar 17, 2022.

1. treyk3

treyk3 Member

We’ll never know. Green is awesome and doesn’t need to be compared to anyone else. I think he’ll be the best SG in the NBA at some point in his career. Rockets could have been picking at Miami’s pick. Instead we have a future star.

BigM, Boii and D-rock like this.
  2. treyk3

treyk3 Member

I’m rooting against the Cavs tonight for sure. I’m sick of hearing about a guy who hasn’t won anything as if he’s what winning looks like. Once Allen was injured the team showed their faults. He’s not that guy. Maybe he will be one day. Now he’s just Herb Jones light. If I never have to read about Mobley in this forum again I’d be pleased

3. Sen89

Sen89 Member

No, I've said before that I think Banchero/Chet are very close. Currently I have Banchero at #1 but lean slightly towards Chet fitting on the Rockets roster. I have Jabari/Ivey at #3 and #4.

Neither Cade nor Anthony Edwards had the best advanced metrics going into the last two drafts, but still went #1 (and rightfully so). Zion was the only recent case of a guy who won the eye-test and had the best advanced metrics (AD in 2012 was the last one before him).

vator, snowconeman22 and D-rock like this.
  4. D-rock

D-rock Member

Bigger surprise for Stone, he who gave up on an All Star level player and elite defender under age of 25.

And FYI, Cavs were 25th in defense in NBA last season WITH Allen on team.

The addition of Mobley allowed JBB to fashion the current Cavs defense - it has elements of zone + switch (but only switching 3-5 or 1-3).

The connector is Mobley at 3/4. And JA at 5 and being the communicator on defense. Mobley at 5 and communicator was not an easy transition and the defense lost their connector and secondary rim backstop when Mobley moved to fill JA spot at the 5.

Context matters.

5. Salvy

Salvy Member

He was put in a totally different situation that inflates his abilities, its like people tryin argue about how much better Marcus Camby was than Kobe... I'll take Green any day of the week and twice on Sunday...

i3artow i3aller and treyk3 like this.
  6. Salvy

Salvy Member

Sounds more like narrative matters....

Verbal Christ likes this.
  7. treyk3

treyk3 Member

I’ll take Jalen because that’s who the Rocket’s drafted. I spent a decade mad at Morey for passing on Kawhi for Morris. I’m getting too old for this ****.

Nook, Boii, steddinotayto and 5 others like this.
  8. Salvy

Salvy Member

And you know what, this time the right player was taken... The best player in the draft was taken by Houston...

9. D-rock

D-rock Member

Well you have right to your own opinion but Chet is clearly in lead for #1 overall, not as close as you believe.

And both Cade and Ant may not have led in advanced stats like Chet, but both were considered 2 way players and elite in at least 1 area.

I wish it were different and Banchero was undisputed #1.

10. D-rock

D-rock Member

I agree.

Truth hurts amirite?

Learn basketball, it's not that hard.

11. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

I don’t understand any Ivey-Morant comparisons. To the point they seem asinine to me. Ja was always an incredible passer. He put up 6 apg as a 10 as a sophomore. And frankly he was better across the board in almost every category and is a generational athlete.

the closest Ivey seems to him is on the athlete part.

I can see a super high end comp more of Dwayne Wade which is still incredibly good obviously… however I would note that whole JG would be amazing next to Ja I don’t think the fit with Wade would be as good.

but I don’t see that upside with Ivey anyway. What am I missing?

Ekiu and PatBev like this.
  12. i3artow i3aller

13. treyk3

treyk3 Member

It baffles me than anyone would be rooting for him to return to school. Get paid, don’t risk injury and don’t risk being underwhelming. College first fans who aren’t students confuse me.

14. ClutchCityReturns

ClutchCityReturns Contributing Member

This covers the consensus top 4 (and some discussion of potential 5th picks) but the most interesting part to me is the discussion about Jabari Smith from 35:00 to 49:00.

peleincubus and D-rock like this.
  15. PatBev

PatBev Member

He’s not KPJ. That’s the upside to these people

F*ck our atrocious power forward situation. Just keep drafting guards

Boii, Ekiu, JayZ750 and 1 other person like this.
  16. D-rock

D-rock Member

"Banchero and Jabari are ball stoppers."

This is not said enough.

This was an interesting watch, thanks.

JayZ750 likes this.
  17. vator

vator Contributing Member

18. groovemachine

groovemachine Member

I’m sure he’s enrolled in classes for scholarship purposes in case he comes back, however if he’s projected top 10 after his workouts there’s no way he goes back to Kentucky.

I know very little about his game, could he crack the top 5?

19. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

So now Im a liar? LOL Because LSU is not worth watching for me? Funny stuff.

All draftniks have their pet projects .. some of us however arent willing to die on Jalen Johnson type hills trying to push our agenda and narratives. Keep doing your thing.

Last thing - Hate to break it to you .. Paolo Banchero is a better prospect than Tari Eason. Happy Easter to you and the fam.

20. studogg

studogg Contributing Member

silky smooth wing with a long wingspan. Athletic with deep range from three. He’s my guy if we are at 5 for sure. I would probably lean for his upside over Ivey as well.

groovemachine and cmoak1982 like this.