1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[NCAA Football] Nov. 30 Polls & BCS Rankings

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by King of 40 Acres, Nov 30, 2008.

1. Buck88

Buck88 Contributing Member

Missouri has plenty to play for. If they win the Big 12 title game they get an automatic bid to a BCS bowl as the Big 12 Champion.

2. Trackwell

Trackwell Member

While we are not # 1. We should be in a BCS bowl and not the Cotten Bowl. We are the biggest losers of the BCS series this year. I am boycoting the game. Very sad day for Texas Tech fans today. Great season guys......It has been taken from you. I HATE THE BCS.

LET THEM PLAY FOR A WINNER INSTEAD OF CHOOSING ONE!!! :mad:

3. halfbreed

halfbreed Contributing Member

The biggest tragedy of this whole season is that one of UT, OU and TT will be left out of the BCS while Cincinnati and the ACC champ play in the Orange Bowl.

4. rocketfan83

rocketfan83 Member

Ya we should be in a BCS...But than I started to think..Does it really matter?

I mean they could get stuck playing cincy boise utah or some crap like that....BCS games are overrated outside of the title game theres maybe one sexy matchup...

They will play in the last cotton bowl in that terrible stadium. If they win they should be finish top 5 to finish the season. We are still Co-Big 12 champs Leech has the trophy to prove it. It's not a sad day at all maybe for college football but certainly not Texas Tech. They got a share of the conference title and yesterday they had the groundbreaking ceramony for the east side stadium expansion.

5. bugerking3

bugerking3 Member

This is stupid.

Bob Stoops knew that extra touchdown would come in handy. Those extra 7 points are going to push the computers to favor OU. Classless.

And sigh, Mizzou lost to Kansas. That doesn't help us either.

Computers are going to screw over UT. I can feel it.

6. SirCharlesFan

SirCharlesFan Contributing Member

LOL. I have no idea whether or not that is going to be the case, but are you actually suggesting that a coach, given the chance to go to the national title game, should NOT GO FOR IT?

Oh, yeah, if we score a TD here we can win the national championship, but if we take a knee here we can win the CLASSY TITLE. :rolleyes:

7. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Agree completely. I'm no fan of Stoops but who can honestly blame him for going for it if this is the case.

8. Happy Mac

Happy Mac Member

uh, no. if those 7 points get OU in the big xii championship game where they control their own destiny to win the national championship, it's smart not classless.

9. halfbreed

halfbreed Contributing Member

Computers cannot take MOV into account.

10. Fatty FatBastard

I find it hilarious that you misspelled your moniker.

11. NIKEstrad

NIKEstrad Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This is stupid.

Margin of victory has not been in the computers for a couple years now.

It only matters if the Harris poll voters didn't actually watch the game, and only see the shiny final score.

12. bugerking3

bugerking3 Member

I didn't know that computers didn't take margin of victory into account.

In that case, I am going to retract my statement regarding Stoops attempting to manipulate computer rankings.

My bads. I was wrong, and I have been enlightened.

13. Bullard4Life

Bullard4Life Member

Or were going to the bathroom when Mac Brown was given four minutes during the game to stump for his team.

I wouldn't be surprised if UT pulls a big change in the Harris poll. The talking heads have all sided with UT and not tried to make too much of a case for OU.

14. AkeemTheDreem86

That's because they don't have one.

15. Happy Mac

Happy Mac Member

sure they do. i think ut has a better argument, but to say ou doesn't have an argument is absurd. i honestly think ut and ou are the best two teams in the nation. too bad we don't have a playoff to prove it.

meanwhile, in 1-aa, they started the playoffs yesterday. could you imagine the excitment surrounding a playoff in division 1? look at march madness. college basketball is nowhere near as popular as football, but everyone talks about march madness.

it boggles the mind that we have a computer deciding the participants in a championship game. why don't we just sim the whole year and just take the players out of it completely?

16. AkeemTheDreem86

Yeah, yeah. I'm just trying to manipulate the CF.net Poll. Btw, how does the 1-AA playoff work?

17. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

The Fox guys doing the Giants/Skins game just said that the standings will be announced in the post game and they were told there are big changes. I'm guessing that doesn't bode well for UT.

18. Stevierebel

Stevierebel Contributing Member

Commentators during the Giants/Redskins game just said "word is there are big changes in the BCS standings..."

Whatever this means...

19. NIKEstrad

NIKEstrad Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

20. Bullard4Life

Bullard4Life Member

Harris just posted, Texas jumps OU, but only by 6 points.

1 Alabama (107) 12-0 2,815 Beat Auburn 36-0 SEC Championship vs. No. 2 Florida 1
    2 Florida (4) 11-1 2,619 Beat No. 23 Florida State 45-15 SEC Championship vs. No. 1 Alabama 2
    3 Texas (1) 11-1 2,575 Beat Texas A&M 49-9 TBD 4
    4 Oklahoma 11-1 2,569 Beat No. 12 Oklahoma State 61-41 TBD 3

5 USC 10-1 2,378 Beat Notre Dame 38-3 at UCLA 5

http://www.harrisinteractive.com/news/newsletters/bcsnews/BCS_Nov_30_2008.pdf