1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[NCAA Football] Dec. 7 Polls, BCS Rankings & Selections

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by King of 40 Acres, Dec 7, 2008.

1. Happy Mac

Happy Mac Member

2. surrender

surrender Member

I'm not a UT fan, but they got ****ED. UT had better wins than Florida, and they lost on the road to a top 6 team while Florida lost at home to a team in the 20's. Disgusting.

3. Refman

Refman Contributing Member

Florida has been the hottest team since that loss. It was relatively early in the season. It is always better to lose early than lose late.

Texas had a fantastic season. They had no more argument to be in the MNC game than any other one loss team though.

4. surrender

surrender Member

That is true, but it should be irrelevant. I don't see why an early loss should be weighed differently than a late loss.

5. halfbreed

halfbreed Contributing Member

It's easy to be hot when you play nobody of value. The one good team they've played was 'Bama and they didn't blow them out.

6. ryan_98

ryan_98 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

does any other texas fan feel highly underwhelmed by us playing buckeyes? give me bama, usc, or even penn st.

a match up against #10 OSU makes me feel cheated... even more so than not making it to the NC game.

7. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

It's not as exciting as it should be. OSU is a good team but they're only in the Fiesta Bowl because the Big 12 and SEC had their 2 in (another rule I think is stupid). It should be Tech or Boise St.

If Texas has their head on straight, they should destroy Ohio St.

8. TexasFight

TexasFight Member

all I want now if for Mack to stop being so damned classy and to run up the score in the Fiesta Bowl. Let's hang 60+ on tOSU.

9. fredred

fredred Member

Except for the fact they have an identical record and a win over one of those teams in the title game...

10. Asian Sensation

The only good team they played is Bama? That's laughable. They blew out a then #4 LSU and destroyed #6 Georgia and easily beat the #1 team in the country. Even there other victories have been impressive ones of the blowout variety. Their one loss was early in the season via a fluke last second play. The team is a bonafide juggernaut and they are very deserving of the #1 spot to say the least.

11. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Texas vs. OSU is a crappy game -- I have no real interest in watching it.

12. Tuan

Tuan Member

Right.... and how good did LSU and Georgia turned out to be by the end of the year? And they easily beat Bama? LOL.

13. AGBee

AGBee Member

I just want college football to be over with for this year. The longhorn crying is getting to be unbearable.

14. VesceySux

VesceySux Contributing Member

I hope Oklahoma gets blown out... again. Yes, I'm bitter, and I don't care.

15. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

The crying about Longhorn crying has gotten worse.

16. Franchise3

Franchise3 Member

^^^
    What he said.

Florida just beat #1 Bama at a neutral site by double digits, without their #1 offensive threat (Percy Harvin) and their #1 rusher (Chris Rainey).

Can't have a team in the NC that didn't when their own division when there are equally deserving teams. Texas got screwed by their own conference, plain and simple. If the Big 12 had the SEC tiebreaker rules in place, Texas would've got to their championship game (The last tiebreaker states: "The tied team with the highest ranking in the Bowl Championship Series Standings following the last weekend of regular-season games shall be the divisional representative in the SEC Championship Game, unless the second of the tied teams is ranked within five-or-fewer places of the highest ranked tied team. In this case, the head-to-head results of the top two ranked tied teams shall determine the representative in the SEC Championship Game.").

Sucks though because I think Texas is a more complete team than Oklahoma.

17. halfbreed

Who cares what they were THEN ranked? Mizzou was ranked #2 at one point this year. Does that make a win over them that much more impressive or does it just say that they're much worse than everyone thought?

Where are all those teams that they beat ranked now? Georgia is only ranked because they started the season ranked. If you held off on preseason rankings, there would be one team from Florida's schedule ranked: the team they lost to.

18. Refman

Refman Contributing Member

I guess the Minnesota Vikings should have been in the Super Bowl last year. They beat the Giants in the regular season.

The only way for this to be fair is to have a playoff.

19. Franchise3

Franchise3 Member

So, you think Georgia, who only has 3 losses, should be unranked when there are 4-loss teams that are ranked? :confused: Sounds pretty stupid to me.

20. halfbreed

I'm saying if they didn't start out the season ranked they probably wouldn't be ranked high, if at all, right now.

The same for 3-loss Mizzou prior to yesterday. The only reason they were still ranked was because they started out at #2.