1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[NCAA Football] Dec. 7 Polls, BCS Rankings & Selections

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by King of 40 Acres, Dec 7, 2008.

1. Brando2101

Brando2101 Contributing Member

Not Likely. The Fiesta Bowl will likely pick Texas and then it will be the Sugar Bowl's turn and they will pick Alabama and then the Fiesta Bowl will pick Ohio State and the Sugar Bowl will be left with Utah.

People have said the Sugar Bowl is trying to do what it can so that it doesn't end up with Utah but I can't see how that would help put UT against Alabama.

2. jasonemilio

jasonemilio Member

Man I feel for ya UT fans, even though I do really believe that OU is the best team in the country (as it pains me to admit) ; you guys beat them fair and square but unfortunately OU had the last impression so they got to go the Big 12 Championship. Mizzou, nor does any other Big 12 North team, does not deserve to go to the Big 12 Championship game. Its was such an unfair matchup its not even funny.

Oh, on a side note, Chase Daniels is a real d-bag now, as I and many other Big 12 fans have to realize. Such

3. RedRaiderRocket

I am not arguing Texas is the best team in the country nor do I think OU is. Had those teams met again I think OU would win just my honest opinion. I am just not sold on justifying that Texas is the best team in the country, since they didn't finish on top of even the state Texas, Tech did. Do I think Texas desserves to be in over OU, yes I do. But I do think Florida is the best team in the country right now. I do think SEC is still better than the Big 12, and wouldn't be suprised if they show it again in the national championship like they have in many recent years. Yes it was a last second win but we were winning the entire game till that last drive in which Texas scored on.

4. NIKEstrad

NIKEstrad Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

What do you think would happen if Texas met Tech again?

5. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

If Alabama had lost to Ole Miss early in the year then went undefeated and then beat an undefeated Florida team yesterday would they be ranked #1 right now?

6. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

Golden Matcups....

Oklahoma vs. Florida

Texas vs. Alabama (Sugar Bowl winner should play for NC tie, since the records are identical).

Penn State vs. USC

Ohio State vs. Texas Tech

TCU vs. Utah

Boise State vs. TCU

Virginia Tech vs. Georgia

Georgia Tech vs. Oklahoma State (break traditional rules and have them play a non-SEC team).

7. jasonemilio

jasonemilio Member

We're expected to play in the Holiday Bowl vs Oregon

8. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

only if the fiesta agreed to pass up Texas and let the sugar take us. since the alternative for the fiesta is probably utah, no one thinks it will happen.

UT/ALA and OU/FL would certainly set up an interesting scenario. 4 one loss teams from the 2 best conferences, 1 in each game that beat another from the other game. margins of victory could possibly come into play. but it won't happen.

where is ou's comeuppance? this is now the 3rd time the bcs has undeservedly put them in the title game. in '03 they get blasted in the Big XII CCG, a late loss and a blowout, but it's ignored and they go and get manhandled by LSU. then in '04, it should be usc and auburn, but ou gets in any way and quits mid-game while getting blasted by usc. now they lose to UT and have the same record and again make their way into the title game on the basis of running a hurry-up offense to run it up on bad defenses. they're 3 for 3 in situations they should be 0 for 3 in.

he doesn't want to answer that. on their best day against our worst day, they still needed a fluke interception drop to win the game. once they were asked to go on the road to try to claim a spot as an elite team, they were once again reminded, and reminded us all, that they are 2nd tier and always will be. they just managed to drunkenly stumble around long enough this season to **** everything up before they fell flat on their faces.

9. Samar

Samar Contributing Member

The real travesty is where USC is ranked. Texas is not the best team in the country, although you probably couldn't confidently say that about any team in the country right now. Tech had a fluke of a season.

Texas should play Alabama, do it BCS give Texas a legit game in the name of justice.

Also, the person that said Ohio State is better than Texas is out of his god damn mind.

#49 Samar, Dec 7, 2008
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2008
  10. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

COrrection:

TCU vs. Cincinnnati

11. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Yeah, probably won't happen - but at least there is a chance. Seeing the best Alabama team in many years play a strong Texas team in a major bowl would be great for college football.

12. NIKEstrad

NIKEstrad Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Agreed. I think it would be an awesome game with an intriguing story line.

But, I'm not counting on it happening.

13. RedRaiderRocket

If in Lubbock I still got Tech. Texas might be the better team, but they weren't that day just like vs OU I think OU is a better team but Texas was that day.

14. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Not me, with a healthy Quan Cosby and Orakpo, Tech would go down hard.

DD

15. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

Mack should be calling Saban right now trying to make sure the Horns and the Tide meet in the Sugar bowl... both teams have a legitimate gripe (although the horns moreso) and should do everything in their power to shake things up as much as possible.

get it done CD!

16. RedRaiderRocket

Or a healthy Crabtree we would have exposed Texas defense more. When Orakpo was playing that was when Tech was up 22-6.

17. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Don't worry, you guys will be back to irrelevence next year.

;)

DD

18. Asian Sensation

BOO no OSU! We want to play Texas Tech.

19. RedRaiderRocket

Probably could be much worse if Leach leaves. But until then we will celebrate finish with the best record in Texas and a share of the big 12 south division championship.

20. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Texas and Alabama should play in some bowl

Rocket River
    How did the Cotton bowl fall out of the BCS?