1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[NCAA Football] Dec. 7 Polls, BCS Rankings & Selections

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by King of 40 Acres, Dec 7, 2008.

1. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

Yup. And OU tore up OSU by 20

2. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

College football fans could agree with you on this if Tech hadn't been blown out by OU -- they put up 65 points -- sixty five.

3. bejezuz

bejezuz Contributing Member

Oh noes! Texas is being badmouthed by TTU Fan and Rice Owl (LOLZ) fan! Oh the tragedy!

4. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

You can argue Texas came the closest to being undefeated. You can argue they deserved to be in the Big12 championship game. But to say they are "the best college football team in the country...on both sides of the ball" is just crazy. Do yourself a favor and get a grip.

5. King of 40 Acres

King of 40 Acres Contributing Member

Fiesta Bowl against likely Ohio State. If OU finishes 1 in the BCS the Fiesta gets first choice with an at large bid.

I would love to see an Alabama - Texas Sugar Bowl as somewhat of an undercard to the OU-Florida National Title game but I doubt that would happen unless some backdoor deals are brokered between the BCS bowls and FOX. 1 vs 2 and 3 vs 4 potentially.

All the BCS bowls will be sorted out and announced after the Dallas/Pittsburgh game on FOX tonight at 7pm CST and ESPN has their Bowl selection special beginning at 7pm CST as well.

6. professorjay

professorjay Contributing Member

Save your breath. Dada underestimates Florida (BTW, higher ranked offense and defense than TX) the same way he overestimates Vspan.

And despite Dada's ramblings, I would actually rather face Texas, who I believe is the better team over Oklahoma.

7. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Put the crack pipe away and step slowly back.

Tech got lucky, notice how they are not even in a BCS bowl...yeah..thought so....because the rest of the country knows that they got L U C K Y.

Yeah, because opinions on a BBS really matter......the bottom line, is that I am right...as usual.

;)

Florida played a crap schedule compared to Texas...of course they are going to have higher ranked stats....but they would get crushed by Texas....

They do have a chance to beat OU though, because OU has a horrible defense.

DD

8. professorjay

professorjay Contributing Member

And Vspan is awesome!

9. DaDakota

Reading comprehension not your thing, huh? I said V-Span deserved a chance to play to see if he was part of the future...nothing more.

DD

10. rocketfan83

rocketfan83 Member

I'm glad its going to be UF OU. Those are clearly the two best teams in the country should be a great game.

11. ryan_98

ryan_98 Contributing Member

UT vs AL sugar bowl would be a decent consolation prize... meaning it probably won't happen.

12. dntrwl

dntrwl Member

quoted for giggles

13. DaDakota

UT vs OSU will be nice too....UT may get some share of the NC if they have a great showing.

I do think this is Karma though from a few years ago and Cal.

DD

14. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I think Ohio State would beat Texas, but not OU, Florida (sadface), nor USC.

Then again, I did not even go to this year's Michigan game, so my opinion is invalid.

And since when did you have FORTY-FIVE THOUSAND POSTS DaDa? I remember when we thought 10k was too many...

15. Brando2101

Brando2101 Contributing Member

UT would only get a share of the National Title if they are #1 in the AP poll and don't make it to the title game. The AP will give their title to either Florida or OU.

I think it kinda sucks. IT's the 3rd game in 5 years against Ohio St. I loved playing Michigan and USC in the rose bowl. It was nice to play against other top programs and storied programs.

It's a shame we have to play OSU again instead of a Florida, Alabama or even Penn St.

#35 Brando2101, Dec 7, 2008
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2008
  16. halfbreed

halfbreed Contributing Member

Yeah, Cal really did a great job of proving they belonged that year against Texas Tech.

17. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

So, since Oklahoma didn't take care of business against Texas, what's their legit claim to be in the BCS championship game? They didn't win.

18. DaDakota

You don't think their dissappointment played into that? The fact that Mack got the team in there was a point of contention for a lot of college football fans.

I didn't mind it....but this seems like maybe a bit of come uppance.

DD

19. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Texas and Alabama would be awesome -- is there any way that could happen ?

20. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

I seriously, seriously hope you aren't arguing that Oklahoma is the best team in the country. Don't even try and tell me how you can argue that Tech's last second win, at home, over UT, proves that they were the better team between the two, yet somehow winning by double digits on a neutral field doesn't prove UT is better than OU.