1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NCAA Bracket Reactions?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by junglerules, Mar 13, 2005.

1. junglerules

junglerules Member

Mods: Please feel free to move this to the college forum. However, since no one ever seems to visit it, I thought I'd try to post a hot toic such as this here, first.

Anyone have any immediate reactions? As far as seeding goes, I was shocked to see PITT end up at a 9. Seemed really low to me. Comparing to my projections, the only team I got wrong was UAB. I thought the MAC would get in a second team, like MIAMI (OH) or Buffalo, rather than the MVC getting in 3.

Weakest region? I actually think it's the Austin one. Some good teams, but all teams that over-achieved, imo. I think the hardest one to pick will be Albuquerque. I see 5 teams, at least, that could win that region!

I hate that some of my upset teams have matchups I really don't like at all. Like Pacific, for instance. Same with Vermont. I really had some hope for those teams, but they are running into tough first round matchups.

Anyway, got any immediate reactions to it all? Surprises? Disappointments? Predictions?

(Oh, by the way, I'm a huge Texas fan, but I really can't see why Digger Phelps thinks Texas has a good shot at an upset over Illinois in round 2. I think our lack of depth alone is reason enough to stay away from picking UT.)

2. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Pacific got screwed.

3. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

waiting for the tourney pool thread...

4. plcmts17

plcmts17 Member

Washington a number one seed?!!!
    Texas might have a hard time with Reno.
    NC State must have bribed somebody to get to the dance.

5. junglerules

junglerules Member

I don't know about bribery, but it worked out nicely that Chris Paul punched Hodge in the nuts, got suspended, and then NC State beat Wake to get the big win they needed to get into the dance!

More than any other year, most of the bubble teams this year really didn't step up when it mattered. SO while I think Maryland and Notre Dame were more deserving, the way they finished their seasons really leaves them very little reason to complain, in my opinion.

6. PhiSlammaJamma

The cougars were screwed.

7. FlyerFanatic

FlyerFanatic YOU BOYS LIKE MEXICO!?! YEEEHAAWW
    Supporting Member

I was surprised Washington got a #1, I thought ND, and Maryland both didnt deserve to get in, Maryland losing to Clemson 3x, I dont care if you beat Duke 2x. I think Pacific got screwed, but they could still win that game against Pitt, Pitt didnt look to hot against Villanova...other than that not to surprised Miami (OH) didnt get in, losing to Marshall, whose RPI is somewhere in the 300's I believe, killed their shot. All I gotta say is I love March Madness I cant wait until Thursday!

8. drapg

drapg Member

Washington was deserving of the number 1 over AZ, KU and KY.

I freakin' love Nate Robinson!

9. drapg

drapg Member

By the way, I have a bad feeling Nevada is gonna run us over later this week.

10. Faos

Faos Contributing Member

Being a Louisville fan and a Kentucky hater, I was glad to see them lose today and get dropped to a #2 seed. There is no chance in hell they'll make it to the finals four with some of the teams they may have to face.

11. FlyerFanatic

FlyerFanatic YOU BOYS LIKE MEXICO!?! YEEEHAAWW
    Supporting Member

But deserving over Wake? I know Wake lost in 2nd rd of ACC tourney but since Paul didnt play thats taken into consideration by the committee. I thought Wake should of got the #1 but you can make a case for Washington as well.

Yea, I can see UK not making it to the final four as well. The way they played today shows that they can either be really dominant or just completely vulnerable

12. junglerules

junglerules Member

I actually think Texas will be fine in round 1. Both teams have some tourney experience, but I think Texas has more of it. I think they'll probably escape Nevada, but then get buzzed by the Illini. We just don't have the depth. Buckman was HUGE two years ago in the tourney, so hopefully he can regain that form, and Klotz can compliment him down low. We'll also need SOMEONE to step up from outside. Any word on Paulino's injury??

13. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

14. junglerules

junglerules Member

I have a money one if you are interested, Kam. Email me at:

junglerules@hotmail.com

And give me a subject line about the tourney pool so I know what you're talking about. :)

15. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

I really think Buffalo should have gotten in. They were like 22 and 8, but in a weaker conference. They still played a decent schedule, and only lost out on an automatic bid at the buzzard. They got screwed.

16. mduke

mduke Member

Didn't Davidson go undefeated in their conference but lose in the tournament championship? That pretty much blows...

17. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

ouch UT has to play Illinois... that would be a huge upset!

18. Houstonrocketss

The cougars lost 3 in a row...otherwise they would of have gotten a bid

19. JeeberD

JeeberD Contributing Member

The Horns had better watch out for Nick Fazekas. The kid can play.

UTEP is gonna take care of Utah. Bogut is a stud, but the Utes are a one man team. The Miners are athletic, fast, and are playing their best ball of the year right now...

20. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

oh, i totally disagree. i'm not sure Duke will get to the elite 8 to meet them...oklahoma is the only other team in that bracket that scares me. i think KY could easily handle syracuse.

before you say i'm crazy and don't know what i'm talking about...i have Louisville in the Final Four.