1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NCAA Big Dance: Name Your Top 5 Most Memorable Players

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by Baqui99, Mar 16, 2005.

1. Baqui99

Baqui99 Member

It's that time again. Here's the 5 names that I remember most:

1. Christian Laettner (Duke) - the turnaround jumper at the top of the key still haunts Kentucky fans.

2. Lorenzo Charles (NC State) - probably the last time Akeem forgot to box out

3. Bryce Drew (Valparaiso) - 1997? game winning 3 point shot helped put Valpo on the map, and scam his way into the first round in '98.

4. Harold "the show" Arceneaux (Weber St.) - this team came out of nowhere to make it into the Sweet 16. The Show was absolutely lights out.

5. Mark Few (Gonzaga) - The textbook Cinderella story. Coach Few turned a small school from an unknown conference into a national powerhouse.

2. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Little man Tyus Edney Going coast to coast to save the Bruins from ruin.

Jamaal Tinsley blowing an Ednyeque shot at the same as Iowa State falls to Hampton

Okafor coming back in after being in foul trouble and willing Uconn to the title game, overcoming Duke.

Jason Williams hits the unthinkable 3 plus the foul but blows the free throw and after Carkis Boozer misses the putback the formerly distraught Mike Davis and Indiana triumph.

Arizona coming out of nowhere to take the whole enchilada with Miles Simon.

3. Faos

Faos Member

Never Nervous Pervis Ellison - 1986 Louisville Cardinals NCAA Champions

4. PhiSlammaJamma

benny anders drops out of sky on louisville.

McCray, the Louisville forward/center who thought he had seen everything, reconsidered.

"We've put on a show like that for our fans during preseason," he said, "but never during a real game."

5. Stack24

Stack24 Member

Chris Webbers time out :D

6. DanHiggsBeard

DanHiggsBeard Member

Bo Kimble......

7. SamCassell

SamCassell Member

Danny Manning was the greatest player in NCAA tourney history. Just unbelievable all around numbers. He carried Kansas.

8. DanHiggsBeard

DanHiggsBeard Member

Glenn Rice.

Nothing was more memorable than Bo Kimble leading Loyola on a Cinderella like run throught he NCAA tourney after Hank Gathers died. Was anything better than Kimble shooting left handed free throws as a tribute?

9. SirCharlesFan

SirCharlesFan Member

Bryce Drew's shot

Princeton upsetting UCLA in the 1st round the year after they won their last national title

10. Baqui99

Baqui99 Member

Damn, those some badass moments. Can't wait to leave work early this afternoon.

11. Kimble14

Kimble14 Member

Bo Kimble (see username)

Christian ******* Laettner -- also beat UConn at the buzzer in 1990 in the game after...

Scott Burrell and Tate George -- ...Burrell made a perfect baseline to baseline pass with :01 left, and George with the catch and shoot as UConn beat Clemson by 1

Bryce Drew -- almost a perfect play, especially with thoughts of Laettner and George still in (at least my) mind

Barry Goheen -- 2 threes in the last 5 seconds (the latter one coast to coast -- or, more accurately, coast to just outside of territorial waters) to send Vandy to OT and eventual victory against #2 seed Pitt in 1988

12. MadMax

MadMax Member

he was the one that IMMEDIATELY popped into my mind. i don't remember ever seeing another college player demonstrate more the concept of "putting his team on his back to a championship" than danny manning.

13. BobFinn*

BobFinn* Member

Guess your too young to have seen Magic Johnson or Larry Bird?

14. SamCassell

SamCassell Member

Did Larry Bird win a NCAA championship that I don't know about?

15. Agent94

Agent94 Member

You seem to be doing most memorable plays instead of players.

In no particular order.

Danny Manning
    David Robinson
    Glen Rice
    Larry Bird
    Bo Kimble

16. BobFinn*

BobFinn* Member

He took a team that had nobody to the NCAA finals.

17. Summer Song Giver

Christian Laetner absolutely tops any NCAA memory in my mind, Wally Z was also great in the tourney one year and probably played himself into the lottery in just those games.

18. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Member

Scotty Thurman's 3 to sink Duke in 1994. :D

I dislike Duke with a passion and Dickie V has more Duke nuts in his mouth than a damn hamster. :mad:

Still pissed about him and Williamson leaving early after losing to UCLA in 95, Thurman didn't even get drafted.

Him and Williamson and a guy who used to play at my high school all own a real estate company down in Little Rock that my brother-in-law works for. He also plays with some very minor league team based in Little Rock too.

19. SirCharlesFan

SirCharlesFan Member

Pun--just about every decent, but not good enough to play in the NBA, player that has graduated from the UofA plays for the Rimrockers. You'd be suprised, though, they draw extremely well. I don't have any evidence to back this up, but I would bet that they have the best attendence of any minor league basketball team in America, regardless of the league.

20. Plowman

Plowman Member
    Supporting Member

Goose Givens