1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NBC Fires Today Show Anchor Matt Lauer for inappropriate sexual behavior

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by sugrlndkid, Nov 29, 2017.

1. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Iy
    Someone close to me experience harassment twice and for some reason I still doubt those numbers

2. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I think what this makes this case so troubling is the astounding and brazen hypocrisy of Lauer in light of some of his previous "reporting," including this spoof of sexual harassment

3. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

The general dislike of Lauer is roaring out across the spectrum -- it seems he wasn't quite as popular as NBC thought he was and now he's being attacked by everyone.

4. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Nothing America likes more than tearing someone down. Especially in modern times, it's a feeding frenzy.

NOT saying I feel sorry for any of these creeps. But I think he could have been fairly popular but then it's like "oh boy! he's down! get him!"

5. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

I think Lauer is different he is showing to be universally disliked (unlike others) and is getting destroyed by everyone.

6. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Okay. I'm not really following it, and I believe you.

7. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Geraldo is a big fan.

8. SirIvyLeague

SirIvyLeague Member

When the grass gets cut, the snakes will show.

SIL

Rocket River likes this.
  9. SirIvyLeague

SirIvyLeague Member

I totally buy it. How do you not?

Dudes are straight up, jacked, horny ****ed up fellas. I've seen sexual abuse and harassment at all levels of power. From being a college athlete to being a director to a C-level executive.

SIL

10. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Agreed.
    When someone has done you bad and you lack the power to do anything about it
    once you have the power . . . .you take your shot

Rocket River

11. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

When Lauers wife cited inhumane treatment for grounds for divorce back about 10 years ago I think public opinion really shifted towards him. I don't have the best memory but I remember it caused a bit of a stir. NBC may have misjudged his popularity quite badly

B-Bob likes this.
  12. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

Can wait for that SNL skit oh wait....

13. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yet another good man has been taken down by the sexual harassment wave.

Alex DeLarge Forced To Step Down As Leader Of Droogs Amidst Allegations Of Sexual Misconduct

[​IMG]

LONDON—Pushed out of power as the damning charges mounted, Alex DeLarge was forced to step down Wednesday as leader of the Droogs amidst allegations of sexual misconduct. “In an unfortunate development, we have been forced to remove Mr. DeLarge from his post due to the startling accusations of sexual impropriety that have come to light,” said Droog member Georgie, explaining that although the group had systems in place to swiftly address such allegations, it clearly did not adequately follow those procedures. “Even though these acts took place decades ago, it does not excuse Alex’s heinous and unforgivable actions. This is not at all what the Droogs stand for.” At press time, DeLarge had offered to undergo two weeks of rigorous aversion therapy to rehabilitate himself.

14. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It's worse than that.
    Caligula (Gaius Julius Ceasar Augustus Germanicus) was removed from the office of Emperor of Rome due to repeated allegations of sexual misconduct and harassment towards underlings. An extensive BBC investigation undercovered several incidents from credible victims and witnesses of Caligula engaging in forced sex acts and indecent exposure. Caligula used the power of his office and also the Roman purse to compel those working for him to engage in these actions. Given the mounting evidence the Roman Senate and Praetorian guard decided to act and have vowed that all citizens especially the Priestesses of Vestia will be respected by members of the office. Caligula's is expected to be replaced by Claudius (Tiberius Claudius Ceasar August Germanicus) who could not be reached for comment.
    [​IMG]

15. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The left attacks Republican leaders who violated the law in their sexual misconduct while the right attack liberal media personalities.

Intriguing difference

16. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro