1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NBC Fires Today Show Anchor Matt Lauer for inappropriate sexual behavior

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by sugrlndkid, Nov 29, 2017.

1. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

2. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

PFFFFFFFFFT...
    _______

Yikes. Talk about a perfect storm of bad timing. Plus, with several of the movie’s supporting actors such as Jeffrey Tambor, Jeremy Piven, and Richard Dreyfuss already distancing themselves from the project since Lauer’s firing, this Matt Lauer biopic truly appears to be on life support.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  3. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

4. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Two huge scumbags. Wow.

5. Granville

Granville Member

Years ago, I had a job with a supervisor who always said inappropriate stuff to female coworkers and none ever complained. One day one of the women asked Bruce to sign something and he asked her if she had her knee pads on. She just laughed like she thought it was funny.

He was promoted to another position in Atlanta where he was fired for doing the same stuff to a woman at the same job level as he was.

Bruce was far from handsome and had a bad attitude. I always suspected the women put up with his crap because they thought he would help them advance. It was creepy and sad to watch. I reported it to HR and they didn’t act on it because none of the women complained.

Amiga, CometsWin and FranchiseBlade like this.
  6. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

Fack that, sisters before misters.

7. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/11/29/business/media/nbc-matt-lauer.html

8. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Jenna Bush is good on The Today Show.

I'd be disappointed in not working with her anymore. Just sayin

She is a actually very smart. You can tell she dumbs it down.

#48 pgabriel, Nov 29, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 29, 2017
  9. SirIvyLeague

SirIvyLeague Member

They never report it if it means it'll prevent them from getting higher.

None of these actresses said **** when Harvey was getting top tier roles. It's convenient now, for some reason cause it makes them brave.

Have some skin in the game, donate your Harvey money earnings to a legitimate cause.

These women are two faced. Not excusing what Harvey did, but speak up then and there. Could've prevented a whole bunch of other people being and feeling violated, too. But it'd risk them their stardom, fame, and money. b**** please, all sell outs. They only care to speak when it suits them.

SIL

10. SirIvyLeague

SirIvyLeague Member

Another media outlet was moments away from going public with Lauer. Lack beat them to the punch but barely. They knew, they covered, they tried as hard as possible. Corporate needs to be taken to the wood shed. Lack needs to go. Maybe even castrated.

SIL

11. J.R.

J.R. Member

Lauer statement:
    [​IMG]

12. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I don't watch Today show and haven't been a Matt Lauer fan but reading the allegations in Vanity Fair and NYT they are pretty shocking. If even half are true, and he is saying that some of these are, I can't believe NBC allowed him to get away with this. For Charlie Rose he ran his whole show and everyone answered to him but this wasn't the case with Matt Lauer. With NBC reporting on what was going on at Fox News years ago I have a hard time seeing how they were then blind enough to let Matt Lauer continue with his behavior.

13. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Seen some of it myself. I think it's common and most just ignore it for fear of retaliation.

What is happening is good. These behaviors do not belong in any profession.

Granville likes this.
  14. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I missed this earlier but this is an important point. The inherent risk of democracy is that people will elect leaders who are not capable or troubled for many other reasons. Our own history to this very day is full of things like that. The Framers believed that the people should have a voice in governance but also put up tons of roadblocks in the way of direct democracy. Ultimately though it is the voters with the responsibility and to a large extent we get the government we deserve. That's a risk I would personally rather have than to have to empower the parties even more so that they are the ultimate arbiters of who stays in office and who doesn't.

I fully understand that can be a convenient excuse for the parties to avoid accountability but here is where I think we should hew closer to the structure of the Constitution rather than look to the parties to solve things even when they are largely responsible for creating the problem in the frist place.

Since this thread is about Matt Lauer though he wasn't elected and NBC is not a government institution. It's their problem to clean up.

15. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

I don't think it's as common as this rash of high-profile accused might suggest

#55 pgabriel, Nov 30, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 30, 2017
  16. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Probably best not to think, but to ask.

11/21/17 poll - 60% of us women say they've been sexually harassed.

https://poll.qu.edu/national/release-detail?ReleaseID=2502

10/17/17 poll - 54% experienced unwanted sexual advances, with 80% of those said it rose to sexual harassment, and 33% said it rose to sexual abuse.

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/unwa...lywood-weinstein-story-poll/story?id=50521721

17. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

That's a ridiculously high percentage that would suggest a ridiculously high percentage of male supervisors are sexual harassers.

I just don't buy it

18. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

like i said, don't think, ask

19. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Corporate news...yeah

For all its flaws, I liked watching Charlie Rose's interviews years ago. If I were a conservative, I'd gloss over his actions and compartmentalize only on whether I liked his show.

20. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

They'd have to be pretty prescient to realize that the Harvey Weinstein story would cause this huge snowball effect.

KingCheetah likes this.