1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NBATV: Mario Elie Interview

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by tinman, Aug 26, 2015.

1. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

That, and the guys Dream tossed the rock to tended to hit those shots when it mattered most. Not something you normally see with this team because James can't drive to the basket and then pass the ball to himself on the 3 point line for a clutch shot. ;-)-

2. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Lol, people trying to explain hakeem to the 99ers is like one direction trying to explain the Beatles to paul McCartney

3. albuster

albuster Member

You made good points especially with the criticism of the Rudy T offense. It was still much better executed and had a system to it compared to the current version. Furthermore, I am not pretending to be Dream's biggest fan, in fact I lived in Chicago before Jordan and after the Jordan dynasty so I was a Bulls fan since the Kerr and Sloan days, and then Jordan of course. So Dream is not really up there in my fandom.

However, I have followed the NBA since the Bill Russell days and I have always been a fan of great players even if they played for the opposing teams. Any basketball fan who would not put up Dream in a pedestal as one of the best ever may not really be following the game closely. So, please don't put words in my mouth and telling other posters to shut up just because you disagree with them is not a decent person.

4. J.R.

J.R. Member

<iframe src="http://embed.radio.com/clip/60523252?ref_url=http%3A%2F%2Fhouston.cbslocal.com%2F2016%2F05%2F16%2Ftriple-threat-with-mario-elie-segment-1-5-16-2016%2F&station_id=3&rollup_ga_id=UA-2438645-53&ads_ga_page_tracker=UA-20550966-5" width="345px" height="194px" scrolling="no"></iframe>

5. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It's very very hard to compare today's game to the 90's which was a completely different era of basketball for both the rule changes and changes in training / athleticism.

Today's game is faster, and teams have to switch like crazy because of the speed and inability to be physical on the perimeter.

But - it is 100% true that 90's Rocket's success depended on Hakeem's teammates hitting open 3 point shots just as this team's failure is strongly related to Harden's teammates inability to hit 3 point shots.

It's a big difference but yes, only one of many differences. That combined with the defensive woes are why this team was abysmal this year.

That said, getting to the ring of contenders will require more than fixing our D and improving our 3 point shooting.

6. Rocketeer Bang

Couldn't agree with you more. The current team is very hard to root for. I much rather not having them make the playoffs knowing fully well they are going to get blown up. I'll also confess that I did not even bother watching the Rockets much at all this season. They are one of the most boring teams out there that I can't bear sitting through their games.