1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[nbadraft.net] Summer League:Top 10 Rookies

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by dram1, Jul 23, 2009.

1. thegary

thegary Contributing Member

other than they are both in the NBA, these guys could hardly be more different from one another. :confused:

2. Richie_Rich

Richie_Rich Member
    Supporting Member

With the sixth selection in 1998, the Dallas Mavericks drafted Robert Traylor and quickly traded him to the Milwaukee Bucks for Dirk Nowitzki (9th pick by Bucks) and Pat Garrity. They then traded Garrity in a package to the Phoenix Suns for Steve Nash. With Nash and Nowitzki, the Mavericks quickly went from a lottery team in the late-90s to a perennial playoff contender throughout the 2000s.

Wow. Don Nelson raped those teams. :eek:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ahRPd3sq03Q

Half the lies they tell about me aren't true. -Yogi Berra

If you think it's hard to meet new people, try picking up the wrong golf ball. -Jack Lemmon

If winning isn't everything, why do they keep score? -Vince Lombardi

3. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

Like all coaches he does, but of course he also likes ones with offensive talents, and he just loves players that do both.

4. thumbs

thumbs Contributing Member

Everybody is giving Taylor love, but Budinger is clearly the superior talent. While Chase has average lateral movement which will hurt his defense, Taylor's problem is that he can't dribble with his left hand. Even the summer league defenders knew how to keep him under control, so one can only imagine what will happen in the real world of the NBA. Taylor needs to go to Europe for at least one year to work on his dribbling mechanics.

5. Coca Cola Scola

Thanks. Yeah, I remember Bird sometimes sliding over to that power forward spot, so I wasn't sure if small forward was his main position. I just wonder how Bird had the foot speed to cover all those speedy athletic wings. As I recall, the Celtics had a very good defense.

6. Coca Cola Scola

Well, considering the fact that Chase is a mid second round pick, his performance is a pleasant surprise. How does Morey do it?

I also like the fact that Dorsey is dominating on the rebounding end. Rebounding numbers usually translate pretty well...and his strength and athleticism will at least help the Rockets.

7. jasonemilio

jasonemilio Member

This guy compared Chase to Richard Jefferson (btw if you wanna see more clips of Chase in action as a Wildcat, check out his videos. He has highlights of all of their wins ;) ) :

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/tpVBp8DR2nI&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/tpVBp8DR2nI&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

8. JujuxG

JujuxG Member

thank you morey. :)
    awesome pick.

9. stillillmatic

stillillmatic Member

yea... that's exactly my point. dirk was w/ the bucks only for a moment, much like darrell arthur was w/ the rockets before he got traded.

10. mojorizen7

mojorizen7 Member

I read where Joey Dorsey averaged 14+ rebounds per game in 5 games for you guys this summer.
    Whats the story with this guy? Is he a legit young big with some skills or is he just a banger?(which isn't a bad thing)

11. Landry92

Landry92 Member

Nice to see Chase get some props something he didnt get from NBA.com .. they didnt even put him in the top 10 in the rookie rankings didnt even mention his name throughout the article ..

Rox are the most ignored team by NBA.com and NBA TV .. Last year our NBA Tv broadcasts more matches for the sacremanto kings than they did for us ..

12. BackNthDay

BackNthDay Member

No hate on Chase, just don't feel all off the unwarranted expectations. Donte Green scored 40 pts and shot lights offf and could get off the bench for the KINGS.

This board is way too high on Rookie who scored 25 pts in a freakin summer league game.

Okay let's guestimate his playing time, assists, rebounds, and points

My bet
    Playing Time: 5 minutes
    Assists: 0.3 apg
    Rebounds: 0.2

13. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I can't believe some people compare Chase to Novak. Novak isn't that athletic in his dreams. The only thing they have in common is a beautiful shot.

14. rocketblaze

rocketblaze Member

He was drafted by the bucks traded to dallas, i forgot for who?

15. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

He was traded for tractor taylor, Dirk was a don nelson pick. He was mart and traded to get him.