1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[nbadraft.net] Summer League:Top 10 Rookies

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by dram1, Jul 23, 2009.

1. Rocket86

Rocket86 Member

True. The summer league would give us a glimpse on his skills but the competition is not as good as the regular season. Even the pre-season, the summer league can not match the level of play. By December or January, the team will probably know if He is a rotational player or a situational player. However, the Rockets will be lucky if He can just produce.

2. linvetb6

linvetb6 Member

i was wondering the same thing

3. Aggiester

Aggiester Member

Chase kind of reminds me of a skinny version of matt moloney

4. Ashes

Ashes Member

I think it's time the Rockets caught a break. He's the next Larry Bird.
    :D

5. giggity12345

giggity12345 Member

Yeah just watch this video of him on youtube called coolcats. It shows his all around game and be sure to watch the whole video as it does highlight a few other wild cats momentarily. You'll see he will be way better than Maloney or Novak, dude is going to be like a white Rip Hamilton with more hops. Wrap your mind around that.

6. Rocket86

Rocket86 Member

Hope they do not have the same type of a career. For the sake of the Rockets, Chase should progress more then how Maloney progressed.

7. BackNthDay

BackNthDay Member

I love the poster for what they are. I'm definitely not prejudice, however, I've watched enough high school, college, and professional Bball to know that you are what u are.

Let's say Chase is in the rotation, playing the 2 or 3 against top flight NBA talent. Do you any of you seriously think he will get off his jumper against those players or get to the bucket.

Everyone slow down, his competition was against other rookies, 2nd yr players, and d league. Anyone with sense will tell you that an NBA game is night and day vs. Summer League, which is less than D League.

Our starting point guard AB went to the D league for minute if I'm not mistaken.

So please stop hyping this dude up as if he's going to come in his rookie year and contribute. Stop IT!!!

Unreal Best case scenario
    5.5 pts
    2.1 rebounds
    0.8 assists

8. BackNthDay

BackNthDay Member

In addition, wake me up when he does an Anthony Morrow 47 pts or Anthony Randolph 44.

9. Rocket86

Rocket86 Member

If that happens then the City of Houston should put up a shrine for Morey and Co. :D

10. djnswdjn

djnswdjn Member

whats wrong with one dimentional player? Jamal Crawford is still in the league right?

11. StaticC4

StaticC4 Member

We don't need to just rename the Toyota Center to Daryl Morey and Co. Center. Don't forget about all those Morey paintings and solid gold statues!

12. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Dirk never played for them.Got traded for the Tractor on draft day.

13. Coca Cola Scola

Rick likes defense more than he's given credit for....he just got stuck with a group of guys that weren't very good individual defensive players in Sac town.

Uh, Larry Bird was a small forward, right?

14. Rocket86

Rocket86 Member

Yes, most of the time but would sometimes move up to the power forward spot.
    Center-Parish
    PF- Mchale
    SF-Bird
    SG-Ainge
    PG-the late Dennis Johnson

15. thumbs

thumbs Contributing Member

Top three guards always give non-top three guards fits. That's why they are top three. However, as far as Chase getting off a shot, that won't be a problem. His vertical is around 40 inches and he has a high release to boot. At 6-7 that makes it difficult for any guard to block his shot. Also, unlike Battier, he is not a stand-around shooter -- he is always moving. That's why IMO he will warm the cockles of Adelman's heart.

Defensively, the NBA will be a challenge for him, but, if Wally Szerbiak can do it, I think Chase has a very promising career ahead of him.

16. Nero

Nero Member

Damn dude, when did poor Chase kill your dog?

Lay off him, we are all Rox fans, let's hope he does well.

I mean, you WANT him to do well don't you?

One word: Decaf.

17. dram1

dram1 Member

This is correct. This went down as one of the worst trades in history that doesnt often get mentioned. Traylor was horrible.

Again....will Budinger be a super star? Probably not. But he definitely has a chance of being a solid contributor to a contending team. He may over time develop some Turkoglu type game after he starts to understand the progame. He may be able to find his niche and build from that. The godd thing for his development is that he is with an organization that will probably need whatever he has to offer NOW....which will give him some solid chances to produce.

We will just have to see what happens. That's what makes all this so fun.

18. Garner

Garner Member

To this guy and everyone else who is in here hating on Budinger.

Why the unwarrented hate? The kid is an extremely late round pick with only 1 other rookie seperating him from Blake Griffin.

What more could he possibly be doing right now to please you people. Nothing. Some of you have already made up your mind about him and there is no way he'll be able to break that train of thought.

Too bad....he did just get #3 of Summer League.

19. shipwreck

shipwreck Member

To be fair, as much as I love the strong showing in Las Vegas:

1) much worse players have put up greater numbers
    2) he is assuredly NOT going to shoot 63% and 72%. we must factor in WORSE shooting when evaluating/projecting how good budinger will be.

20. jasonemilio

jasonemilio Member

I think White has an excellent chance of getting cut from the team to save space for either Budinger or Taylor.

I personally think Taylor has more potential than Wafer, although Wafer may be a little bit better of a shooter than him (Taylor needs to fix his Kirk Snyder-esque jumpshot quickly)- and that's saying a lot because Wafer isn't really great at making long range jumpshots either.

Budinger can be like poor man's version of Ray Allen/ Richard Jefferson off the bench to provide the offensive playmaking ability we need, especially with pick and rolls because he really excels at that too.