1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NBA2K3 graphics are of the hook

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by lovermanbuda, Sep 25, 2002.

1. Shawndme7

Shawndme7 Contributing Member

ROCKETEER,

Can you create a player and put him into your franchise mode?
    Is Boki in the game>?

2. Rocketeer

Rocketeer Contributing Member

I haven't started a franchise mode yet, but I will tody if I have time. Boki is in the game.

3. trudru

trudru Contributing Member

rocketeer, where did you buy the game from? every store that i have called said that they won't be selling it until tomorrow.

4. Shawndme7

CAn anyone tell me about the
    PS2 Network adapter and the whole ISP thing?

I hear you have to pay 5 bucks a month(more) if you have AOL.
    What if you have DSL and it came with Internet Explorer?
    can you hook your modem straight into the network adapter and play for free?

I tried to read about the network adapter and it was confusing for me cause im not really a techie...

Can someone explain it to me in "idiot" terms?

5. Rocketeer

Rocketeer Contributing Member

Game Crazy has the game in stock today. Game crazy is part of Hollywood video.

6. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

That sucks about Yao Ming not being in the game but I expected that would happen. At least we will be able to add him via the Roster Update later in the year. And in the meantime I guess you can "create" him in the create a player section.

Can you or anyone else that has NBA 2K3 list all the Rockets on the roster and their "player rating" next to each? That would be very cool! :)

Chris

7. UTweezer

UTweezer Contributing Member

To those who have a ps2 broadband adapter:

Is anyone interested in starting a CLUTCH LEAGUE?

8. Der Rabbi

Der Rabbi Member

Ming is def not in the game. Neither is Ginobli which works out well. My friend that I primarily play is a Spurs fan & of course I'm a Rockets fan. He's already complaining that I'll make Ming too good, but now I have a bargaining chip. ... The online adapter? I've never seen one. Where can you get one? When will the Rosters be available on line & will they include all these players?

Here are the overall ratings & they seem about right.

Francis 86
    Mobley 84
    Grif 73
    KT 73
    Nach 70
    MoT 69
    Walt 69
    Rice 68
    Mooch 66
    TMo 65
    Cato 59
    Collier 54

Of course you can adjust them to whatever you want. Homer them all up to 99 if you wanna play monkey ball, but they seem about right. I was under the impression that online updates would take into account breakout years & diminisihing carreers. They finally got Cato right, he's been too good for awhile.

9. Ghettostar85

Ghettostar85 Member

isn´t o.torres and t.brown in the game!!!!??

10. Der Rabbi

Der Rabbi Member

Doesn't look like it. Pretty easy to create. I'm assuming online roster updates are the way to go. ..... Most important Rocket fixture in the game ??????? Clutch!!! So is the Spurs Coyote. I'm assuming the Phx gorilla is there too & probably more. .... The facial models on Duncan & Mobley looked much better than last years & the customizable game play should take away the 70% shooting percentage dunkfests of last years game. Only played one quarter (against the comp which I never do; I only like to play people) & am now going to play real ball & scoop up my gaming friend. Will give report later in the day about game play after the 2 of us hunker down for a few hours. I have the sinking suspicion that our "MLB: High Heat" rivalry just found some competition for wasted hours.

11. B

B Contributing Member

Yeah, my adapter has been on backorder for a month, but when I get it, I'm up for a league. I have a few concerns though, since it could be tough to organize. When are we going to schedule the games? Who is going to keep track of the games and stats, etc? What length quarters will be be playing? Will we allow timeouts to take care of real life issues, etc? How many games will we play?

B

12. B

B Contributing Member

Why is Walt on the team? He should be in the free agent pool. I hope the first roster update includes Maddox and whoever else we decide to keep.

Question to anyone with the game, have you had a player get injuried during the game, and if so, how were they injured? I remember in Live the only way a player would get injured would be on a flagerant foul.

B

13. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Der Rabbi, thanks for posting up the ratings! Much appreciated! I am a bit disappointed in the "assigned" ratings. I think a few of them are a bit TOO low. I will have to contrast them with some of the other teams to see if that is indeed the case.

So, you say that we can actually "adjust" their "ratings" for each player? That is awesome! I like that idea because sometimes some of those ratings are a bit off in my opinion and sometimes players have breakout years and their ratings need to reflect that. If I were to rate the players I would probably give them these ratings.

Francis 86 -> 91 (needs to be higher, franchise player!)
    Mobley 84 -> 85 (about right)
    Grif 73 ->78 (wasn't griff 73 in the last game? He has shown improvement)
    KT 73 -> 78 (I thought KT was 75 in the last game. Huge improvement too!)
    MoT 69 ->75 (Despite injury, solid player shouldn't be that low because ofit)
    Rice 68 -> 74 (ditto.)
    Nach 70 -> 73 (can't complain about the rating, but potentially could bemore)
    Mooch 66 -> 73 (A bit too low, decent backup PG here!)
    TMo 65 -> 68 (about right...but showing development)
    Cato 59 -> 63 (ditto)
    Collier 54 (whatever)
    Walt won't be on the team so instead of him put in Yao Ming.
    Yao Ming -> 77

I think those numbers would be a bit more accurate. But again, I would have to see how others are rated to compare.

Thanks agian for the info though!!

Chris

14. Shawndme7

You guys can get the Ps2 network adapter on EBAY for about 60 bucks.

15. Ghettostar85

Ghettostar85 Member

it sucks that they haven´t update the rosters that much,torres and brown ahve played a full season so they should be on the game,does moochie have his afro in this one?

16. Der Rabbi

Der Rabbi Member

Real game rained out. Damn! .... How do these network adapters work? Am I going to have to splice it into my cable modem? That sucks. I thought it was going to be like the Dreamcast one. Just put in a telephone line & download the rosters in a minute or 2. Then disconnect. All I want is rosters, I'm not looking to play online.

I think the ratings are about right. The overall rankings of players in the mid 90's seems to be hall of famers, which at this time Francis is not.

17. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Could I connect these network adapters to any LAN connection (e.g., office)??

18. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Question on updating rosters for NBA 2K3.

1) Do you need this "PS2 network adapter" to be able to download the rosters? Are they available for download at any time?

2) If you don't have the "PS2 network adapter" is there any other way you can get the updated rosters?

I am a bit confused about how I will be able to get the updated rosters. I am mostly concerned about adding Yao Ming when he becomes a Rocket later this month.

Thanks for any help! :)

Chris

19. UTweezer

UTweezer Contributing Member

Ok ...here are some answers to many questions about the ps2 broadband adapter

1) Sony did not make enough so there are shortages. You can get them on ebay though. ($60)

2) You need a router if your planning on using a cable/dsl connections.

3) You can only download roster updates if you have a broadband adapter. The only other way to do it is if you have a friend with the adapter. Just copy his roster file to a memory card.

4) The network cable plugs right into the adapter from your network line.

20. Der Rabbi

Der Rabbi Member

So I'd have to split my cable signal?