1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NBA2K3 graphics are of the hook

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by lovermanbuda, Sep 25, 2002.

1. RC Cola

RC Cola Contributing Member

Were the pictures in that order? If so, Bibby looks pretty bad in Live. Inside Drive does seem to have and edge in graphics, but it kind of had a strange look to it. Also, I wouldn't be surprised that they have the best looking game. They made it specifically for the X-Box, while the other 2 are for all 3, or more. (Maybe Live planned on being in the original Nintendo. :p )

NBA2k3 was a lot better than I thought. It always seemed to beat Live in the pics, so that would be more reason, imo, to get it. Especially since in SHOULD have better gameplay. But we won't know till both are out...

Ok, I don't know for sure, but I assume that Live will have online rosters as well. Actually, I was more sure of them having it than NBA2K3.

#41 RC Cola, Oct 2, 2002
    Last edited: Oct 2, 2002
  2. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Thought these photos might interest the gamers here even if they are not from NBA 2K3.

Here is Yao Ming on the XBOX version of "Inside Drive".

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Chris

3. UTweezer

UTweezer Contributing Member

ming will be in NBA 2k3 but he won't be on the rockets. He'll be under the free agents...so you can just sign him

damn...can't wait till it comes out...

Because the game can be played online, we should start an online clutchcity league?

4. Shawndme7

Shawndme7 Contributing Member

UT where did you find out that Spiffy information about Yao being on NBA 2k3????

ANyhow it sounds great...I cnat wait either...i suf teh web daily looking for news about the game...

I will have ps2...what console does everyone else have?

5. UTweezer

UTweezer Contributing Member

who has the broadband adapter for the ps2?

lets start a clutchcity league for NBA 2k3

6. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

Those pics are off tha hoooooooooook :D :D :D

7. UNMKT4

UNMKT4 Member

I have broadband and an adapater and a ps2 and the game in 4 days.

I'm interested in a league. Even more pictures. ps check out operationsports.com, lots of info on all three new games

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Very good looking graphics.

8. kidrock8

kidrock8 Member

IMO, graphics are overrated, as far as sports games go. I just care about realistic gameplay. That having been said, the 2k series blows Live out of the water. Live has no defense at all. You just speed burst around guys.

9. RC Cola

I agree with you there. Nowadays, just about every game has pretty realistic graphics. Gameplay now takes over who wins, imo.

10. LiLStevie3

LiLStevie3 Member

Agreed, the difference in graphics isn't that wide, which makes gameplay and features very important.

Something struck me in the screenshots posted by UNMKT4. Refer to the one of Mcgrady and Iverson, and look at the detailing of their shoes. The fact that they can get every detail right down to the shoes that each player endorses is impressive.

11. kidrock8

kidrock8 Member

Having an owned a Dreamcast, before getting an XBOX in May, I must say that NBA 2k2 for DC was MUCH better than the XBOX version... The XBOX version just seemed to be too choppy or something. Hopefully the XBOX version will run like it did for DC.

12. Rocketeer

Rocketeer Contributing Member

#52 Rocketeer, Oct 6, 2002
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2002
  13. RC Cola

14. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

15. Rocketeer

This is actual gameplay. As far as what system, it's probably Xbox since they seem to put the best looking stuff out there but there is very little difference in the PS2 version if any.

16. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Thanks! I am buying a PS2 now - the only two games I need are NBA2K3 and Pro Evolution Soccer 2 by Konami.

17. bacteria10

bacteria10 Member

If you got time, please check out the BBS Thread, "NBA Live Update." Thanks guys...

bacteria

18. PiPdAdY33

PiPdAdY33 Member

I'm about to get a gamecube, in a couple of weeks so that I can buy nba 2k3 and have a blast. I previously had a dreamcast and 2k2, I thought the game was pretty good except that my season got screwed up twice due to two crappy memory cards. When you guys discuss the game, you all don't really talk about it for gamecube, I realize the graphics probably won't be as good but I'm hoping the game play is the same. Does anyone know if you can play as two teams under franchise mode because I love franchise mode and I love to play as the Blazers and the Rockets.

19. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

20. Rocketeer

I just got NBA 2k3 at Gamecrazy, and the game is awsome! The game play is supberb and the graphics are awsome. I like how they sweat at the end of each quarter and the ESPN presentation adds a nice touch. Bad news; no Yao Ming. He's not in the free agents roster either. I know Sega is providing free roster updates online with the broadband adapter. I recomend this game to any hoop junkie.