1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NBA2K3 graphics are of the hook

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by lovermanbuda, Sep 25, 2002.

1. lovermanbuda

lovermanbuda Member

U can check out a few pictures at segasports.com. I don't think that NBA live has anything on NBA2K3 and that's it

2. Stevie Francis

yeah but lives franchise mode a a lot better. I like the way you see player but you don't know their rating. its more realistic.

3. Shooter1583

Shooter1583 Member

NBA 2k3s graphics will always be first place, but it's the little things like franchise mode and create a player that make NBA Live cool too.

4. OverRRated

OverRRated Member

I'm still amazed people still play Live when the 2K series has shown so much improvement in gameplay each year?

5. RC Cola

RC Cola Contributing Member

I expect NBA2K3's franchise to be much better than last, especially with the ESPN stuff in it. I kept hearing that Madden was for franchises and NFL2k3 was for arcade, but NFL2K3 had a real nice franchise. I almost felt as though it was BETTER than Madden's, but I didn't play Madden much.

So anyway, maybe NBA2K3 will take the same route and have good gameplay AND a good franchise mode.

6. cson

cson Contributing Member

Can you not create a player in 2K ?

7. RC Cola

In the previous 2k's, you could not. (unless I'm remembering wrong.) I THINK 2K3 will have a create-a-player mode, but I'm not too sure. I'm leaning on it having it, btw.

8. JBIIRockets

JBIIRockets Contributing Member

In LIVE you can put classic players on their own teams. In 2K3, you can't. In LIVE, your whole team can have classic jerseys, but not in 2k3. In LIVE, the camera angles look more realistic, unlike 2k3.

2k3 will never get my bucks.

9. RC Cola

Live can have every jersey,player, and team from 1900, I don't want it if the gameplay is bad. That's mainly why I don't like Live. It just wasn't as fun as NBA 2K3. I know I was suprised when I found out I could intercept a pass in 2K2. I don't think I have ever really INTERCERPTED a pass in Live. (I've sort of gotten in the way, or push the guys, but I never took it.) Rebounding had some problems as well.

10. wink3

wink3 Member

11. Rocketeer

Rocketeer Contributing Member

I think the player models and mo-caps are more realistic in Live (models in 2K look to chunky) but the gameplay is better in 2K without question.

12. Rocketeer

Rocketeer Contributing Member

Although the models in this years 2K3 look awsome, can't wait .

13. kubli9

kubli9 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

You are remembering wrong, you've been able to create players in every 2k.

14. RC Cola

Maybe I'm getting that confused with not being able to put them in the franchise. You couldn't do that in 2K2, could you? I remember something that was wrong with the CAP, but I can remember exactly what. I only played the 2K2 and only for a little while, since I rented it.

15. Ghettostar85

Ghettostar85 Member

common live sucks I have played both series and live just sucks,u take more offensive rebounds then u take defensive......francis runs as fast as olajuwo etc............ wake up 2k series is the real deal

16. B

B Contributing Member

Man, now I'm really hyped about NBA 2K3. I almost want to hold off because next year the Rockets will have new jerseys and a new arena and Ming will be in the game, but with all the improvements it's going to be tough to hold back.

B

17. Ghettostar85

Ghettostar85 Member

hehe thats what im tellin ya

18. Fichte

Fichte Member

From the first page of the interviews with the game designer:
    :eek: I've already made my pre-order. :D

~Radical Subjectivity~

19. TheReasonSF3

TheReasonSF3 Member

What's up with Bibby's head, lol.