1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Nba2k16

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by chow_yun_fat, Dec 2, 2015.

1. chow_yun_fat

chow_yun_fat Contributing Member

Anyone else pick this up during Black Friday for $24?

I turned the game on to play, but got distracted doing work. As I'm finishing up, I hear the announcers and look over. I got confused for a minute and thought I was watching an actual NBA game. I was like wtf, I don't even have cable, why is there a game on?

Took me a good second to realize that it was Nba2k, not real life. I know the graphics aren't that good, but at the moment it fooled me.

Can't wait to try out the new? GM mode and continuing myplayer.

2. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

I ordered it online. Haven't go it in yet. It's been awhile since I tried to play an NBA game seriously.

3. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

2k has been fooling people since like 2k12 for me, whenever I have had guest or family come over when I'm playing half the time they would say "there's a game on right now?" Or " how are the Rockets doing?" Lol

Which system do you have it on?

4. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Man... I got frustrated with 2k15, the ****ing load times were **** on the ps4 and even adding ssd apparently doesn't do much, let me know if it's better this year... If not I might go for pc version (since it's finally better than console, for years it was like the ps2 version unless modded). I just like console since easier to find matches and it isn't an fps (play those on pc). I normally play a ton online, used to get interesting threats on 360 from players... Haha. Unfortunately I had to kinda hustle players (play like **** first quarter so they wouldn't quit in q1) would sometimes be down and then go on 20 point swing in few mins then of course the disconnect would come but hey if you have them quit in q2 or later you get a win! (I am pretty sure it's not like that anymore and the matchmaking is a lot better now).

I know the load time might not seem like a big deal but when you're playing my career to like 99 level it takes ****ing forever and I already don't have time for games. Don't get me wrong the game was great once it loaded in... Played a ton online too, I've been playing online with the Rockets since forever. Anyway definitely love 2k, was just pissed at load times before. Hopefully they're a lot better this year for you guys, and let me know what systems you are playing on, maybe we could try a league or something if you're up for it. I don't have 2k16 yet but have been thinking about getting it (even if the load times suck still I just love nba)

5. Caesar

Caesar Member

I played 2k14 modded out on PC like crazy...skipped 2k15 and continued playing 2k14. Thought i'd give 2k16 a try...i played like 4 games and haven't played again. i've played more 2k14 again since then. I just don't like the gameplay. I feel like i have no control. I also don't like the player models...they look terrible IMO. Like cartoon bodies. The retro players look stupid. Wilt, Bird, Jordan, Frobe among others look weird as hell.

I watch enough basketball on tv these days with current teams, so i prefer playing with retro teams and players and 2k14 offers the best with UBR.

6. mvpcrossxover

mvpcrossxover Member

I only buy 2k odd years.

Don't ask me why because I don't even know why.

7. jacoby

jacoby Member

The storymode is ridiculously corny.

8. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Agreed. They had the nerve to draft me as a maverick... I proceeded to burn the game

9. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Oh man I totally forgot about that. That storymode has to be the worst thing I have ever experienced in gaming history, I mean even the corniest dumbest wwe story looks like gold Oscar winning scenes compared to hood drama spike Lee tried to turn a ****ing professional sporting game into. My god the NBA should sue him and 2k for associating that story with the league.

On a side note playing the the classic teams online is glorious. I have yet to loose with the 07 Rockets.

10. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I don't play NBA games often but appreciate the 2K franchise. Picked up NBA2K16 a few weeks back for PS4 and think it's really good. Very complex gameplay. One of the best sports games I've ever played.

I turned it on during Thanksgiving and the TNT crew had an entire 10 minute bit about Thanksgiving. They also referenced something very recent (forgot what it was). Kenny and Shaq mentioned what they were thankful for. Made jokes. The commentating can actually fool you into thinking you're watching a real game too apparently.

11. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

It's too hard to move around. Like you're on skates. I can understand if you're sprinting it'll take a step or two to change directions, but even just sliding your feet it's so unresponsive.

12. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Is that on online or just in general? I was having terrible time sometimes online/in the park on 2k14/15 and I know it's not my connection (300 mbit Internet tested... And pretty decent ping normally sub 10-50ms). Like it would feel almost like artificial lag. I also witnessed first hand playing 2 ps4's online (same house) how slow their servers are... God it was bad, reminded me of less than dialup connection on high paced fps or old mmo. Like was creating at least a 300-500ms (1/2 second) difference from what 1 screen was showing vs the other (reminded me of music game out of sync with what you see vs play). Their netcode sometimes is a joke, and... Up until 2k12 actually contained old dial-up dreamcast coding... That's the one knock I have against them.... online probably still needs work....

13. chow_yun_fat

GM mode is a mess. You get interrupted every game to make some stupid decision and it's nearly impossible to create a Championship team. You can trade for other players, but high chance they'll leave during FA. Players are too finicky as well. One person complains about practice being too easy. You change the setting and it either doesn't work and that player loses morale or it works and two other players complain about practice being too hard.

The people you hire in office can get bid on like players now, so chances are you'll almost never get the person you want. Whoever decided to make GM mode super complex should get shot.

Was looking towards MyPlayer, but that's probably going to be disappointing to.

Going to take this to Best Buy during the weekend and trade it in and lose a dollar or two.

14. joesr

joesr Member

My only quarrel is how they do my court now. 2k14, you queued from a locker room and game matches were almost instant to a min at most of waiting. Now you go to the court and call next which could last ten minutes, even long if someone ups and leaves. Seriously. i prepare meals while waiting on queues.

15. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Yeah that got pretty frustrating I know on ps4 on 2k14 and 15 it was gutted version and had the stupid my court setup like that too, ****ing took forever.... Especially if someone dropped, I don't know why they think I'd enjoy watching a bunch of randoms in the park just do the ****ing instant matchmaking.... I mean also just running around in the park was cool for about... 5min

16. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

I got mine in finally. Gave me the damn Steph Curry cover. What the hell man

17. chow_yun_fat

I would've traded you, I had Mr. Harden on my cover. Traded in the game earlier today. T.T

18. amaru

amaru Member

I actually liked the story mode.

19. joesr

joesr Member

How much did you get? Havent played since Halo and Fallout came out.

20. King1

King1 Contributing Member

Vivi is going to let me borrow hers