1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[NBA] Water Cooler Talk: McGrady/Yao

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by CharlieMurphy, Nov 26, 2007.

1. CharlieMurphy

CharlieMurphy Contributing Member

YOF vs TOF! Round 948,354,631! FIGHT!

http://www.nba.com/racetothemvp_mailbag_071123.html

2. khanhdum

khanhdum Member

ding ding ding!

3. txppratt

txppratt Contributing Member

in the end tmac and yao will be there. they always are.

the real question is if we have enough chemistry and talent through the rest of the roster to complement these two and get past the first round.

what i will say is that i do believe tracy is more important to the success of the team. when he attacks the basket, the rockets are unstoppable. when he is a jump shooter (like he is MOST of the time) we are very beatable.

rhythm and chemistry are key for us this season. i still think we have a very talented roster. this recent 6 game slide has me wondering about RA.

i will also say that i may begin to seriously doubt tmac and label him a cancer if we can't get out of the first round this year.

i am beginning to think scola may be the key for us this season...

4. AstroRocket

AstroRocket Member

I guess I'll get it out of the way before someone else says it:

They're both p*****s.

5. rocketman84

rocketman84 Member

True, True

6. kryten128

kryten128 Member

That they are.

Yao+TMac

for

Kobe+Odom+Bynum

7. rofflesaurus

rofflesaurus Member

stats dont lie. t-mac wouldve carried us to the 4th-5th seed last year even without yao, but without t-mac, yao wouldve carried us to a lottery spot.

8. jasonemilio

jasonemilio Member

Well, thats a litte bit harsh, but....yeah they're softies in comparison to many of the other superstars. Until we get past the 1st round they'll always be that

9. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I hope we can get past the 1st round, but I won't be surprised if we get beaten again even if we don't face the Suns,Mavs,or Spurs.

10. Rowdie Brandon

*ding, ding, ding*...............WE HAVE A WINNER!!!

11. thacabbage

thacabbage Contributing Member

With all due respect, at this point in time, this debate is completely ridiculous. Yao isn't even worthy of comprising one half of a dynamic duo debate as evidenced by the sad fact that the Rockets aren't even competitive sans McGrady, while T-Mac himself has yet to do anything significant in his long career. Juxtaposed against the intro including legends such as Batman and Christopher Wallace makes this even more ludicrous and almost a mockery.

Please, everyone just stop. Tracy, shuttup about your current team being the best you've ever been on and how it is on you now. Yao, shuttup about conquering mountains in your path or becoming a leader or whatever other rhetoric Sina eats up by the mouthful. Media, stop with the laughable comparisons to Bryant and Shaq or the debate over who is what. Please just win a freaking playoff series, because until then, these two are no better than Mark Price and Brad Daugherty.

12. Rowdie Brandon

UH UHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!.................TMAC + YAO = LEADERS!!!!

13. langal

langal Contributing Member

TMac is more important.

Dikembe is actually a very good backup and brings some things that Yao doesn't.

Tmac is our primary ball handler. Maybe if we had a reliable, heady point guard, that would not be the case.

14. professorjay

professorjay Contributing Member

Oh snap! Dude, low blow. I'm a die hard Cavs fans and loved those guys. :(

But yeah, you're right.

15. blazer_ben

blazer_ben Rookie

Bullcrap. it's because tracy is a better player. hes more realiable 4th quarter player. hes just a better overrall player. better scorer, rebounder etc, etc.

16. blazer_ben

blazer_ben Rookie

Fixed

17. jlwee

jlwee Member

There is a reason why Steve Nash won MVPs and not Amare!
    There is a reason why Suns suck badly like Yao-led Rockets when Nash did not play!

Reason is simple, playmaker is always the most important position in basketball! Especially when a team doesnt have any decent backup playmaker!

18. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

F Tmac and Yao, I'm a Steve Novak Only FAN!

Just kidding. I'm kind of sick of the YOF and TOF, look, if you want to be a Rockets fan, you gotta go way back, gotta love Dream, Clyde, Sampson, Rudy T, and way before that. I'm not saying you gotta know all the Rockets past players, but if you're only here for one player, get the fudge out. Piece

19. TheBornLoser

TheBornLoser Contributing Member

Ladies and gentlement, the winner of this contest by KO........ AstroRocket!!!

20. c1utchfan925

c1utchfan925 Contributing Member

im sorry but in my perspective if we had a serviceable 1+4 last year we would have easily pushed past the jazz. kobe and shaq were a great tandem when they were both on the lakers but they had a bench to depend on at least. this year is going to be the a turning point. i seriously didn't expect them go 82-0 for the entire season let alone have the same type of season that dallas had last year. getting the players used to the offensive system after the all star break is what's going to really matter. right now we're struggling because our PG's aren't shooting a very respectable % and they're a big part of our team, obviously. i think we still depend too heavily on yao and tmac for 4 quarters. once the offense picks up all this talk about leadership and what not will cease to commence :D