1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NBA TV guy tonight Worriers homer

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by aroundtheblock2, May 23, 2018.

1. aroundtheblock2

Not Isaiah, the other dude tonight was absolutely trash towards the Rockets. Couldn't say a positive thing about them, and only had excuses for the warriors .

His best quotes: (on what happened with the warriors tonight)

"I saw a warriors back court playing on 2 strained knees" (injury excuse we've all grown accustomed to hearing after anything remotely negative happens for Golden State)

Then after Mike D'Antoni challenged whether curry got the shot off in time during his press conference he scoffs smugly: "heh! Yeah keep telling yourself that one as you fly back home buddy" (on video review the shot was not in time)

Everything the warriors do wrong is excused by injuries and it seems like everyone has a fun excuse for a rockets victory.

2. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Who was he?

3. Reeko

Reeko Member

Jared Greenberg’s opinion is the only one I care about over at NBA TV

4. J.R.

J.R. Member

Fired GM David Griffin

5. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

that would be david griffin. but i don't think he's been any worse than sam mitchell, who's been shamelessly pro-worriers this series

6. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

It happens. Series is tied.

What are they gonna do? Page 2 the win and put Pele on the cover?

7. aroundtheblock2

This is who it was. Dude was garbage. Probably hates Daryl Morey or something.

8. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Jeez.. wow.. Someone will eventually upload the footage.. I like a little salt in my analysis..

it's crazy how everyone is so protective of the Warriors..

9. Rock Block

Rock Block Sorta here sometimes
    Supporting Member

I watched that, pretty pathetic.....I'm here in Phoenix and that dude was here but his name escapes me....but man, Isiah is REALLY bad....

10. cerophilik

cerophilik Member

TNT was no better. Narraitive will be always the warriors lost the game. No credit to the rockets by espn or tnt.

11. aroundtheblock2

I'm hoping that along with the video of Curry's last second shot.

12. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I honestly don't understand why so many are going for the warriors?

Molly Querim has had this whole smug attitude about it during First Take, every time they discuss the series she ends it with some snarky. "Trust me guys, Houston has 0 shot, why are we discussing this?" kind of comment.

13. aroundtheblock2

Rockets played WAY above their heads .

Warriors were just unmotivated, injured, bored, etc.

14. BigO

BigO Member

So many Rockets fans care about what talking heads have to say its kinda really sad. Like i give 0 ****s about them, win or lose, the only thing i care is my Rockets ballin' hard. I don't need some dudes respek, they can keep it to themself and their sorry ass Warriors.

ramotadab likes this.
  15. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

If it’s David Griffin he has a relationship with both Kerr and MDA since he used to be at Phoenix. I don’t know why he’d be biased one way or the other.

I didn’t listen to the segment, I have heard him in some podcasts with Bill Simmons and Zach Lowe, and he was good.

16. aroundtheblock2

Its definitely more than one person. They have extreme entitlement syndrome as if the Rockets are just lucky to be on the same court as golden State.

17. BigO

BigO Member

But why exactly do you care? I don't lose my sleep over any haters. There always going to be plenty of them.

18. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

19. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

David Griffin co-hosts shows on SiriusXM's NBA channel, and he's been awesome to listen to. Really intelligent guy. Whoever mentioned Sam Mitchell previously -- listening to Sam Mitchell makes me beg for Charles Barkley's basketball analysis.

durvasa likes this.
  20. banzai

banzai Contributing Member

I agree. Rockets are the challengers to the Title. Houston hasn’t gone through a lot of Adversity. It has made both houston teams hungrier to bring some smiles to houstonians. After tonight, winning in the hardest arena, the Rockets will take this momentum all the way to the finals.