1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[NBA TV] First time in NBA Playoff history

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Doctor Robert, Apr 26, 2007.

Tags:
  1. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Forreal . .the next team that has this happen
    can take heart that the Rockets Won the Series

It will be one of those many useless 'interesting' statistics

Rocket River

2. roxfan123

roxfan123 Member

Brilliant! JVG lost some more hair trying to figure out how to limit Jazz's score under 60...

3. rv2843

rv2843 Member

Rockets made a history

I am sad that Rockets lost last night, however, I am more disappointed that no one really stepped out. That being said, however, Rockets made a [humiliating] history last night: 0 and 4.

0 points scored from our "wonderful" bench.
    JHoward made 0/5 field goals. Looking at how this guy runs the floor: he slides on the floor. He is too old for NBA. Think about it, I just feel sick.

Head made 0/5 field goals. He was our SHARPEST shooter in regular season. It seems he needs some psychological consultation.

Only four players scored during the game. Sometimes, more players score even in soccer games.

I would suggest that we put the points they scored during the past three games on JHoward and Head's jerseys in order to inspire them to play with more energy and focus.

4. Achilleus

Achilleus Member

Do you believe this thread was necessary? When you typed it, did you really think that you were the first one to notice this or have that opinion ?

I've viewed a couple of threads that were already discussing this matter.

5. Yetti

Yetti Contributing Member

This disgrace should fall on the entire Rocket's organization.

6. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

He would have forced JVG to play V-Span in that role early in the year, just like he forced Sam Mitchell to develop Bagnani.

DD

7. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Bargnani was the number 1 pick in the draft, and the expectations to "win now" in Toronto wasn't nearly as high.

8. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Fair points, but I think that the GM's responsibility is to take the longer view, while the coach should take the shorter view.....

CD has always been more on the coaches side of things, and I think that hurts us in developing players.

I wished the team took a longer approach and during the regular season at least tried to develop some of the younger guys.

Because now it is too late, we have flawed players in key positions.

Luther - too short, bad handle
    Juwan - too slow, not athletic
    Rafer - bad shooter, slow on defense
    Hayes - too small, foul prone
    Deke - no post game, no offense

Only, Tmac, Battier, and Yao are fairly complete players, and if you have a team that does not have complete players in several key positions you need to develop more players to fill in gaps when the defense is taking away certain things.

For instance:

JL3 could have sped the game up and put offensive pressure on Utah
    V-Span could have attacked the basket and gotten to the line and scored
    Novak - could have shot 3 pointers and hurt the Jazz for packing the paint.

Now, I am not saying that they should have played last night.....I am just pointing out that if they would have played more during the regular season they might have gotten their confidence and been in a position to help right now - or maybe not, but at least the team would know going into the off season.

But, we are going to dance with the horse that brung us....so the ship sails or sinks based on the flawed players that are in the rotation.

DD

9. solid

solid Contributing Member

That was the most disappointing aspect of the loss. I really miss Bob Sura.

10. JoshTheChild

JoshTheChild Member

im glad this was not on espn or tnt, it sucked for us

11. glad_ken

glad_ken Contributing Member

Last night was a perfect example of how Bonzi could have helped the team being a scorer coming off the bench.

12. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

That's about right. That pattern shows
    -(n+1)
    So it should be 27
    39, 36 (-3), 32 (-4), 27 (-5)

:cool:

BUT IT WON'T.

13. MONON

MONON Member

I had high hopes for Bonzi when he signed with us. I thought with him basically playing for a big contract next year, he'd have a breakout season. But you have a breakout season by coming to camp totally out of shape & then pi$$ off the coach. Basically he wanted PT based of his press clippings. Had Bonzi been the Bonzi of old, we would have been a better team. Now we're better off without him.