1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

(NBA Trade) Kings-Sixers

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Egghead, Jun 17, 2010.

1. Egghead

Egghead Member

2. da_juice

da_juice Member

Don't understand this trade from the 76ers perspective, Dalembart is a solid player and nocioni isn't of anything worth, especially because his contract isn't expiring.

3. Egghead

Egghead Member

It will be interesting to see what the Kings do with the 5th pick now

4. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

imo hawes would actually be the best player in that transaction :confused:

1 person likes this.
  5. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Interesting.

I would of liked to of seen Hawes here as a backup. Oh well.

1 person likes this.
  6. Prince

Prince Member

too early to trade... looks like the Lakers is going to win.. :)

7. RocketJoe

RocketJoe Contributing Member

+1

Hawes is the key piece in this deal to me. Hustles every play. Can stretch the floor. I think the Kings just got worse. Dalembert has the size but not the passion.

8. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

Well there goes any notion that the Kings were looking to draft a center in a week or so. Could that mean that their draft pick can be had now?

9. Egghead

Egghead Member

heres the full story:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=5297829

The Philadelphia 76ers have agreed to swap Samuel Dalembert to the Sacramento Kings for Andres Nocioni and Spencer Hawes, two league sources told ESPN.com.

The deal was agreed to on Tuesday night and the two teams have been working out details Thursday morning. Barring some last minute hitch the trade should be completed as early as Thursday afternoon, according to the sources.

The deal will give the Kings a player they've long coveted in Dalembert. The Kings tried to make several deals with the Sixers last year for Dalembert but couldn't make it happen.

Sacramento has been unhappy with their rebounding and shotblocking in the post. Dalemebert makes a lot of money ($12.9 million next year) but he's in the last year of his deal.

The trade gives the Sixers a physical combo forward in Nocioni and an up-and-coming big man in Hawes.

But the real ramifications may come during the draft. The Sixers have been deciding between Evan Turner and Derrick Favors with the No. 2 pick. While Sixers general manager Ed Stefanski is a Turner fan, head coach Doug Collins is high on Favors. With Dalembert gone and Nocioni in, it could push them in the direction of Favors.

For the Kings, this could also change their draft equation. The team has been looking at drafting DeMarcus Cousins and Greg Monroe, both centers. With this deal, it could allow them to address another need at the three. the Kings have been high on both Al-Farouq Aminu and Gordon Hayward.

10. Al Calavicci

Al Calavicci Contributing Member

I love NBA trades and really wish I could get interested about this but I started getting sleepy when I read the teams and players involved.

11. ArtisGilmore

ArtisGilmore Member

What the heck, Gordon Hayward is a top 5 pick now?

The Kings better be trading back if they're looking to take him.

12. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

We need to trade with the Warriors, as Sacramento no longers looks like they're taking a center.

13. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Mostly sounds like a small salary dump... Sixers get Hawes, a decent young big, for taking on Noc's contract. Sac gets an the expiring contract of Dalembert (who can play good defensive C before his contract expires).

14. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

To me this says that the Kings will take Aminu now. However, if they really like Hayward, we should be targetting a pick swap. I still think Hayward will last until we pick. I dont buy LA or Indy taking him.

15. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Does this mean Iggy might be on the way out? Philly is heavy on SFs.

16. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Aminu must scream "upside" to a lot of people, seriously. When I read about him he really seems a diamond in the rough, with more emphasis on the rough than on the diamond. Still, he isn't in the Top 10 of every mock draft for nothing.

And don't the Kings already have Donte Green(e?) and Casspi at the three? Not that either of those guys sets the world on fire, either could be dealt later if the Kings draft a 3.

But since we have this penchant for dealing with Sacramento....make the call, Morey. (I'm sure he already did.)

17. wallyj12

wallyj12 Member

It just takes one team to like him enough to make him a top 5 pick, a la Adam Morrison. I think Hayward has a brighter NBA future than Morrison, although he won't have to do alot to surpass his "achievements".

18. kaleidosky

kaleidosky Your Tweety Bird dance just cost us a run

great move by Philly. Get Dalembert off the books AND pick up Hawes--a solid piece.

19. Honey Bear

Honey Bear Contributing Member

I don't think they care. They were looking to get rid of Nocioni's contract with the emergence of Casspi and Greene to an extent. They'll always be looking to cut costs as long as they are in Sacramento, they do this trade for the same reason they traded Martin.

The 76ers have a pretty manageable cap situation outside of Brand's contract, so it's understandable they take on more talent with the #2 pick in the draft. The entire league views Dalembert as an expiring contract and nothing more.

20. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

If the Sixers take Favors instead of Turner, would you guys be opposed to Morey and the Rockets trading some of our players to NJ for that #3 to take Turner?