1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NBA thug threatens to f****** punch ref in the face

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Carl Herrera, Dec 30, 2010.

1. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

To each his own, but being a newcomer (he's only played 2 games) and likely not having much of a relationship with anyone on the team or in the organization doesn't put him in a good position to do this. I also think some of the comments can be taken as personal by the coach.

I watched bits and pieces of the game yesterday and must say the Suns looked terrible. Their chemistry is gone and to combine that with their talent level is deadly. You could argue Gortat's comments can't make things worse. I could have scored on the Suns.

This part made me LOL:

2. JoeBarelyCares

JoeBarelyCares Contributing Member

By definition, can a white guy be a "thug"?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. wakawakka

wakawakka Member

The Magic were on a bad losing streak before Gortat was traded. Phoenix wasn't doing particularly well, but they were staying afloat. Now that Gortat is there, they're turning into losers. I'm not saying he's the reason, but I think it's pretty messed up for a new guy to stroll in and talk to the media about how his old ball club was so much better. I'm all for demanding accountability, but like others have said, he should motivate his team privately to get better. Shifting from an offense-minded team to a more defense oriented team doesn't happen overnight, and he should help be that catalyst to change instead of whining to the media the very first week.

4. ChrisBosh

ChrisBosh Member

I'm sure if you were in their place you'd have just as tough a time calling games, its not easy. They make mistakes as anyone would, problem is that calls are very subjective, there is a lot of contact that takes place, makes it hard to be right all the time. The same game most likely will be called differently by a different ref, just like in baseball with strike zones.

Steve Nash acted like a spoilt little brat, didn't expect that from the old guy.

5. waytookrzy079

waytookrzy079 Member

Good to see other teams are getting screwed too. Is Donaghy still making bets? Or perhaps organizing them now??

6. Prince

Prince Member

It's easy to say they're doing it wrong if you spend most of your time sitting on the bench. :)

7. trueroxfan

trueroxfan Member

really? the guy is complaining that the team has no defense, doesn't play hard enough, i see nothing wrong with what he said, he is talking about coming to the gym and relearning everything so they can be better and you are calling him a drama queen?

let that suns bias go and realize he just wants the team to improve and he thinks the only way is through defense, btw PEOPLE HAVE BEEN SAYING THAT FOR YEARS WITH PHX, they've always been able to score, but can't stop a thing, they were decent the years they had bell and diaw, but now, as he said DEAD last in defense (trying to confirm)

8. Tesla

Tesla Member

I want to see an NBA player punch a ref. I want to see an NBA player stick up for the fans who pay hard-earned money with the expectation of seeing a fair game reffed by competent officials instead of the bozos that are currently making a mockery of the game.

9. htownrocketman

He's just saying he wants people to step up their intensity on the defensive end! Yeah he shouldnt have said it publically but the guy wants to win.. He has some good defensive fire the Rockets can use... They could have won that game last night with this guy in the middle... Tell me any of you don't believe that..

10. J-Man

J-Man Member

Suns suck bad i dont get why vince gortat and pietrus were so happy to go there...

If i was one of them i would wait close to february trade deadline and demand a trade to a better team.

11. esteban

esteban Member

I don't know about you guys but unless Stern cleans up(which he never will) NBA refs, the NBA still has a serious credibility issue!

12. worzel gummidge

Daryl Morey, please save Steve Nash, Grant Hill, and Marcin Gortat. Best wishes and happy new year.

13. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Are they happy to go there?

Rick Bucher said Vince was pissed.

14. A Kar

A Kar Member

Nash is probably on steroids. It would explain why he is not aging like he should be and why he suddenly got better at an age where most players are retiring. It would also explain him not being able to control his anger and why the Suns trainers are supposedly magic workers on older players like Nash, Hill, and Shaq.

All the signs of steroid use are there.

15. KingStevo10

KingStevo10 Member

Becareful Gortat you don't want Nash to punch you in the f****** face.

Steve Nash would poop on the Polish Hammer ;)

Nash>>Polish Hammer.

16. JCDenton

JCDenton Member

LOL @ this career 13.5 mpg 3.8 ppg player coming in after two games and criticizing Olympian and 8 time All Star Vince Carter, back to back MVP Steve Nash, and 7 time All Star Grant Hill.

What's next? Mike Harris makes the squad and calls out Yao Ming for not playing through his injury?

17. gah

gah Member

As a fan I would like for a player to cut the crap and call it like it is, also, it's not like there's much to be refuted here. I'll take the old NBA thug and the polish hammer, bunch of headcases.

18. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

What's up with Nash getting so unusually heated about a game against the Sixers, of all people?

I could understand it more if it was against the Lakers/Spurs or even maybe a division rival.

19. Entropy

Entropy Member

Probably frustration about the trade that essentially chucked his team from playoff contender to playoff pretender. Not that they were likely to win the championship, anyway.

20. cheshire

cheshire Contributing Member

Just wondering out if there has been any other former MVP who have gone through so many roster revamps without getting the chip. Nash might as well join the Superfriends in South Beach.