1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NBA Team Slogans(funny)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Summer Song Giver, Oct 31, 2002.

1. Summer Song Giver

http://espn.go.com/page2/s/immerman/021030.html

When NBA p.r. people gather before the season to carefully plan for the upcoming campaign, one of their most important tasks is to come up with a team slogan.

To put it mildly, these are usually annoyingly pedestrian, something like: "Watch us go." Or, "We're on the ball." Or, "One for the ring finger."

Atlanta Hawks: "We can guarantee happy endings; just join us after each game at The Gold Club."

Boston Celtics: "The thinking man's Portland."

Chicago Bulls: "Proud home of Jason Williams. No, not that one. God, no, definitely not that one. Yeah, that one. ... OK, call him Jay."

Cleveland Cavaliers: "When you've seen every exhibit at The Rock 'N' Roll Hall of Fame ..."

Dallas Mavericks: "Everything's bigger in Texas ... hairdos, egos, Germans."

Denver Nuggets: "We lose more games before the All-Star break than most teams lose all year!"

Detroit Pistons: "We've been working on our three-man weave, and we want to share it with you!"

Golden State Warriors: "Good enough to finish fourth in the West ... the Mountain West."

Houston Rockets: "Just hours after watching Chinese star Yao Ming, you'll be hungry for more!"

Indiana Pacers: "Come get your picture taken with famed NBA analyst Cheryl Miller's little brother!"

Los Angeles Clippers: "Accommodating all the B-list celebrities from the WB network who don't have enough juice to score Lakers tickets."

Los Angeles Lakers: "The Staples Center: A great place to watch Salma Hayek watching Edward Norton watch the game."

Memphis Grizzlies: "Need a break from truck-related sporting events?"

Milwaukee Bucks: "Section 314 of the Bradley Center has been transformed into a lovely Mediterranean Villa with the help of our neighbors, the Indiana Pacers, and the kind folks at 'Trading Spaces.' "

Minnesota Timberwolves: "Just like the Minnesota Lynx, but with dudes."

New Jersey Nets: "My Kidd is a better ball-handler than your honor student."

New Orleans Hornets: "SHOW ... US ... YOUR ... TI[CKE]TS!!! And an usher will gladly show you to your designated seats."

New York Knicks: "As seen in the 1996 Whoopi Goldberg film, 'Eddie.' "

Orlando Magic: "Home to Shawn Kemp, the granddaddy of them all."

Philadelphia 76ers: "Home to the most exciting uniform font in the NBA!"

Phoenix Suns: "Tom Chambers ... Dan Majerle ... Casey Jacobsen ... Our legacy of tanned desert hunks continues."

Portland Trail Blazers: "We lost more than 300 pounds this offseason!"

Sacramento Kings: "Jesus loves the Kings. How do we know that? Well, you can't spell Sacramento without 'amen.' Now, do you really want to root against our Lord and Savior?"

San Antonio Spurs: "The odds of the SBC Center being invaded by Mexican Centralists are highly unlikely."

Seattle SuperSonics: "A refreshing break from overpriced foreign beverages and pretentious wall art!"

Toronto Raptors: "Helping displaced Americans avoid hockey since 1995."

Utah Jazz: "Greg Ostertag: The other white meat."

Washington Wizards: "Come see The House That Abe Pollin Built Without The Aid Of Taxpayer Dollars!"

2. WyoRox

WyoRox Member

Okay, I feel better today now that I have chuckled :) . Thanks.

3. NJRocket

NJRocket Contributing Member

speaking of which...is it me or does Cheryl Miller look like she ate Reggie Miller?

4. oomp

oomp Contributing Member

The Knicks one was great -

thanks for the post

5. Sofine81

Sofine81 Member

That was pretty funny, Im glad to find a post that wasnt negitive, Thanks for the work-day break!

6. ico4498

ico4498 Member
    Supporting Member

lol ... I needed that ...

regards

7. codell

codell Contributing Member

I had Bud Light coming out of my nose after reading this one.:eek:

8. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

thanks also tired of seeing all the negative on here. i just went on a rant on the fire Rudy T. thread. mine was done in a diffrent way, but yours was great never the less.

9. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

That did not make me laugh or smile.

Edit: A cute redhead just called me and wanted to hang out
    tomorrow night. Still no smile.

10. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

LMFAO:D :D

The Ostertag one was pretty funny too.

11. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

For a moment I was thinking that this was official, until I read ours, isn't ours something like "Be part of something big"

don, will winning help your mood?