1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NBA Summer League 2016

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by tmactoyao, Jul 4, 2016.

1. roslolian

roslolian Member

I said before the draft Philly is making the mistake taking Simmons first overall, it doesn't matter how good his feel for the game is if he can't shoot he is useless. Does Simmons feel for the game exceed Rubio's? I don't think so, and Rubio is a natural point whereas Simmons is 6'10 but can't defend and has intensity issues. Not sure why people kept saying Ingram has a lower ceiling, if the other guy can't shoot straight then without a shot doctor fixing his shot from the ground up Simmons will never amount to anything.

With that said it looks like this draft was pretty mediocre I mean everyone's saying this draft was a 2 man draft but even Ingram and Simmons aren't taking the league by storm. Just compare it to KaT and Porzingis last year the difference is like night and day this year looks like last year's sloppy seconds.

2. Outlier

Outlier Member

I dont know what youre smoking or if youre even watching the game right now. But this game shows his talent, talent i havent seen in FOREVER. BEn simmons is legit. Miles better than Ingram. Ingram looks like a stick out there and cant shoot against NbA length. Ben's passing is 10 out of 10. Hes gonna be a superstar in this league. Definitely better than Wiggins, thats for sure.

3. Outlier

Outlier Member

Ben is making the Laker fans in the arena go Ooooh and Aaahhh. Lol and theyre booing him every possession.

4. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Simmons is fun to watch and his floor vision and feel for the game continue to impress. He's showing all the tools except shooting.

Jeremy Grant reminding everyone of McGrady vs. Shawn Bradley. It doesn't get any nastier than that!

5. Cashmoney

Cashmoney Member

Larry Nance Jr. is sneaky good.

6. Pull_Up_3

Pull_Up_3 Member

Nope

super athletic but broker jumper than KJ

7. Outlier

Outlier Member

Dang i hate dangelo Russell. Hes reaching kobe levels. Smug mofo.

8. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Lmao wtf is wrong with Russell

First thing he says in the interview "I PLAYED LIKE ****!!"

9. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Man, why are they so hype for this game?

Russell with the s-bombs post game interview.

10. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">&quot;I PLAYED LIKE ****!&quot; <a href="https://t.co/QAmcLHxgpA">https://t.co/QAmcLHxgpA</a></p>&mdash; Clanc the Rapper (@shamus_clancy) <a href="https://twitter.com/shamus_clancy/status/751967050638163968">July 10, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

11. RESINator

RESINator Member

Just spotted JB Bickerstaff. Does not look good. Look like he's working security for SL games

[​IMG]

12. Outlier

Outlier Member

Dangelo and his father looking like douchebags flunting their money wearing gold jewelry and gold glasses and gold everything.

13. Sen89

Sen89 Member

Russell has stupid levels of swag, which makes people uncomfortable

Thus, the hate cometh

14. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

That was one of the best summer league games I've ever watched but now I really can't stand D'Angelo Russell. Too much swag and prancing around for a summer league game.

15. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

[​IMG]

16. HayesIsBack

HayesIsBack Member

Difference with Rubio - Simmons is 6-10 and ultra athletic and plays PF, not PG.

And Ben Simmons has the potential to be all NBA defense.

David Thorpe on Ben Simmona
    http://sports.truebreakingnews.com/2016/05/21/whats-ben-simmons-nba-ceiling/

17. ParaSolid

ParaSolid Member

D'Angelo Russell hasn't done anything in the league but he's acting like he's some clutch player. It's summer league bro. He's not on Devin Booker's level.

18. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Any links to the full game. I forgot it was on last night. :(

Or any highlights of Ingram

Here's Simmons

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/qEfU5aEw1U0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

19. Outlier

Outlier Member

Cant wait to watch Ben play today. As much as I praise his elite ability..he needs to tighten his handle and play more focused..as of now, Kawhi would get 18 steals off him if they matched up. Not saying his handle is bad, its great... He will figure it out.

20. Tmac1Yao11

Tmac1Yao11 Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/IbfcIpbN7VQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>