1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NBA RUMORS: DWIGHT HOWARD DEMANDS TRADE FROM HOUSTON ROCKETS?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by BAHAMIANFAN, Nov 23, 2015.

1. Marteen

Marteen Member

I have learned absolutely nothing from this article that I don't already know.

2. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

[​IMG]

Rocket River

1 person likes this.
  3. J.R.

J.R. Member

Goodbye Dwert.

4. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

[​IMG]

OH MY GOODNESS!!!!

5. davidio840

davidio840 Contributing Member

6. Da Wink

Da Wink Member

I wonder where we can trade DH12?

7. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

My point was that capspace for the traditional free agent pitch isn't what I had in mind. Yeah, you make a run at quality players if you can, but that's not necessarily how Morey, Ainge, etc. have shined in the past and present. Trades for undervalued players, or signing undervalued guys to quality deals has been.

Jae Crowder, Luis Scola, Chuck Hayes, (Young) Rajon Rondo, Amir Johnson, drafting guys like Draymond Green & (young) Chandler Parsons'. Danny Green & Kawhi. An undervalued older Mutumbo. etc. etc.

Lets let Morey be Morey again, and let him find HIS guys that he scours the earth to find. Also... I think we should try again for Llull this Summer as crazy as it sounds. Him and Gentile would be great hard nosed PROFESSIONALS on this team. The Ty Lawson trade was the anti-Morey trade in retrospect. In previous years, he never makes the trade for a guard like Ty unless he's on a minimum deal like AB a couple years ago. What's with Morey GIVING away 5 draft picks in the past 8 months for role players? Its usually the other way around.

Does that make better sense? I don't think there is one single transaction needing to happen. I just want Morey get some freedom again from getting out from Dwight's over 30 future contract, and letting him be Morey again.

-Also I believe you said before you are from Greece. Have you had a chance to see either live in person much at all. I think you really don't get a sense of these guys till you see them live, and interacting off camera and such. I'd be interested to hear more especially about Gentile. Llull is already a known about badass.

#47 dobro1229, Nov 23, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 23, 2015
  8. MONON

MONON Member

After reading the "article"; I came away with "there's a great chance he may leave", "he may demand a trade" & "it wouldn't be surprising if they traded Dwight Howard". "May", May" & "it wouldn't be surprising" isn't language that I'm betting the farm on.

9. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

I'm willing to bet a fringe Eastern Conference team would take a flyer on him just to make the playoffs (see: Charlotte)

10. Newlin

Newlin Member

I don't believe Dwight has made any demands. I just don't believe the story. If he wanted to leave, and if we could get anything for him, I wouldn't be upset if he was traded. It looks like we are headed for a rebuild anyway. Why not start now and get something for Dwight before he walks. However, I don't know how many teams would be interested in Dwight, or how many could even make us an offer we'd be interested in. I don't see anything happening.

Harden is a guy other teams would want. And as crazy as it sounds, I wouldn't be shocked if Les and Morey thought about it. If Harden is really the root of all our problems this year, the Rockets may want to get rid of the bad apple if they could get something really really good in return.

11. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

Over on Reddit people were talking about what the Rockets could realistically get for Dwert.

Cleveland for Mosgov and some draft picks
    Boston for some picks and David Lee :eek:
    Pelicans for Asik, Anderson and future 1st
    Atlanta for Horford (Don't think ATL would do this)

Those were some of the more popular ones on there.

12. SemisolidSnake

Who knows if it's true, but honestly, I probably wouldn't mind. Dwight still has plenty of skill, and he's played hard when he could. He has every right to be frustrated with his teammates' effort, just as much as they have a right to be upset with his mediocre post play and abysmal free-throw percentage.

"Played hard when he could" is the problem, though. The guy has been injured for so much of his tenure that you can't help but look at him as an expensive supercar: amazing when running properly, but usually in the shop having something fixed.

I wouldn't blame him for wanting out, but I wouldn't blame us for wanting out either. What a shame.

13. bulkatron

bulkatron Member

Capela is our center of the future right? I mean, if you can trade Dwight to a bottom feeder for a couple of 1st rounders and a good young player, you do it every single time. Dwight's been our most consistent player this year, but his limitations are only getting worse (lack of a post-game, unwillingness to abuse his pick-and-roll dominance), he's approaching the wrong side of 30 with a host of health problems, and he's almost certainly going to want a max contract.

Alternatively, since no one is realistically going to beat Golden State when they are playing like this, if someone offers a good enough package for Dwight, imagine the following:

1) Develop Capela
    2) Collect 2 1st rounders as part of the war chest or "reloading" effort
    3) Attract Durant with a max, a proven running mate in Harden, and a deep roster that is constructed not just to maximize talent, but to maximize WORKABLE talent - players who are willing to play hard, thrive within a system, and be coached.

I think this season has been a thorough disappointment for all Rockets fans, and I think we are finally seeing the limitations of Moreyball; sometimes, working magic through arbitrage doesn't translate necessarily to a better team if the resulting talent is antagonistic and not synergistic (as it has been, largely, this year). I still can't believe my eyes when I watch how poorly this team is playing, it's as if last season never happened.

I am ambivalent about JB Bickerstaff long term; his heart's in the right place, but it takes a certain free-wheeling creativity to win this league these days (Spurs, Warriors), or a glut of talent like Miami had and Cleveland has. The current Rockets roster works about as well as my 2004 Sentra - it gets you from point A to point B, but not without sputtering or looking hideous, and occasionally it stalls out in the middle of the road.

14. darksoul35

darksoul35 Member

It seems like every time he tries to post up he turns the ball over. A lot of it is on the refs because he gets hacked and never gets a call and when he fouls someone it seems like they are trying to give the dude a flagrant. I love Dwight but if the price is right I would be all over it just because of the way the games are called now. Even if they did give him the call its not like he would help us at the free throw line anyway.

15. malakas

malakas Member

Atlanta for Horford? LOL
    Do people in reddit know who is the GM in atlanta? The coach is. And Dwight is the antithesis of the Bud playing style.
    Cleveland dont' have first rounders to trade until 2018.
    Boston sure. Mavs top 14 protected first rounder Memphis protected pick and Lee.
    Pelicans he would make a great fit but will be hard pressed to get him to stay. And Asik's contract makes him borderline negative value I wouldn't want the Rockets to be tied up with that contract for years.

Sorry dobro. The reason I follow the NBA is because I can't follow my main greek team who plays in the euroleague because it's full of worms and criminals. If I went to the stadium there's a chance I could get beaten up by hooligans. It's disgusting situation.

The reason Morrey changed his direction is because imo he evaluated that we are in all in situation. That means trading first rounders, every win now contending team has done it. It was a huge gamble getting Lawson but the reward was too much and the price very low. (our first rounders were projected to be slightly better than second rounders).
    If we let go of Dwight then we have to get rid of other win now pieces like Ariza and Brew (even if he's not win now, he's a now piece. Maybe lose- now piece).
    And then remember two years to build another team around Harden before he hits FA himself.

16. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Dwight should be demanding a Harden trade.

17. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

I'd like to see that and we fulfill his wish only for him to bolt next summer. #rebuild

18. danoman

danoman Contributing Member

Capela is up and coming. Eff it lets trade him, but not before Durant comits:grin:

19. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

Cool. The guy makes a ton of money to not beat out scrubs in rebounds, and doesn't play back to backs. His stock is sooooo high right now.

20. juanm34

juanm34 Member

If I were Dwight I'd probably enjoy my rest like he is doing now and opt out if I were really not liking the situation I was put in. why demand a trade when you are most likely going to anther bottom feeder?