1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NBA RUMORS: DWIGHT HOWARD DEMANDS TRADE FROM HOUSTON ROCKETS?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by BAHAMIANFAN, Nov 23, 2015.

1. TMac'n

TMac'n Contributing Member

Come on, please lock this thread up before it gets more ridiculous

2. Ns575

Ns575 Member

I don't want him anymore. Dude is basically Derrick Rose now.

3. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Maybe... maybe not. Maybe he's traded, maybe he's kept around all season.

Who knows, but either way, its good news for the Rockets at this point. The good news (if we are faced with a rebuild) is that Dwight Howard at 30+ on a max deal only playing 60 to 70 games a season is a bad idea regardless. Morey could do ALOT better with Dwight's 30 million a year he's looking to make.

The Good news on the other side would be if Dwight did resign with the Rockets for less if he does want to stay.

The only bad news for Rockets fans would be if he opted out, resigned for the max WITH THE ROCKETS, and the Rockets still weren't a championship contending team or Dwight and Harden continued to have non-existent court chemistry.

4. Victorious

Victorious Member

read the comments, no one ever bothers to read the article smh

5. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

Trade him for Jerry lin.

6. rockets13champs

I saw his periscope this morning he was telling us fans to calm down itll be fine

7. ksny15

ksny15 Member

Harden and Dwight don't mesh well with their games. Man I wish we could pair Boogie with James. They are a perfect fit. Boogie won't clog the lane, can shoot the 3 occasionally and is very good rebounder and defender.

I can dream at least

8. Raven

Raven Member

If Dwight really demanded a trade, which I very seriously doubt, because that would be the final nail in his reputation, I'd be OK with Morey trading him. I think Dwight gets a lot of unfair criticism, but I'm with Team Les. If you don't want to be a Rocket, or if you don't care enough to rest, practice, or stick to the game plan, don't let the door hit you on the way out.

9. rockets13champs

Smith and harden were more a perfect fit

10. Dmo for 3mo

Dmo for 3mo Member

Ahh yes great strategy. Add another selfish me first player with no leadership skills. Perfect way to fix team chemistry.

11. malakas

malakas Member

Let's say we let Dwight leave in FA. Suddendly in the summer we have capspace and no coach and we barely get into the playoffs and get swept. What would you propose we spend our capspace on that is realistic in that situation?
    Conley? Who is also 30 needs the ball in his hands and would have to be hypnotised to believe he can fit next to Harden? Because Harden will suddendly decide to play more off ball?
    Horford? Who has one of the best coach of the league in his team who he loves, and reached the ECF? And will also become 30?
    Whiteside? Who Riley will do everything mafia style to resign?

And don't say Durant because from what I heard in Thorpe's podcast good luck getting him to sign to play with Harden.

12. Crashlanded19

Crashlanded19 Member

Dwight may get his wish.

13. hooroo

hooroo Member

it seems like some fans (or are they?) would be happy if dwight was a team cancer for whatever reason...

14. malakas

malakas Member

ofc..if he was, then it wouldn't be someone else..

15. Dmo for 3mo

Dmo for 3mo Member

Why is this a thread? So anyone can just post bogus rumors with no credibility?

16. shawn786

shawn786 Member

Thread need to be locked up

17. ksny15

ksny15 Member

So KD wouldn't want to play with one of his friends? And why is this?

18. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

I doubt he's demanded a trade. But if the team continues to struggle, he should be dealt. He's done ok so far this season, but it's clear he is not the athlete he once was(how many alleyoops does he have compared to past years?) and with him having to miss B2Bs, it's insane to lock him up for 22-30 mil/yr until he's in his mid-30's.

Going forward, I'd much rather have around 2 mil/yr spent on Capela, and use that extra cap space(which will be even more plentiful if Lawson is moved or cut next summer) on a PG, SF, and PF. We're looking at a rebuild, but it could be a quick one if Morey and Les don't sit around and wait another year for things to magically fix themselves.

19. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Oh yeah... Durant.... yeah sure... lol. I mean if he gives you a meeting at this point. Look Thorpe knows "some people" around Houston, but he's not that tight with Harden and Durant as good friends who will tell them the secrets nobody else can get.

I do recall that Durant and Harden were pretty much best friends back in OKC. Then Thorpe says that wasn't the case at least on the court. I think Harden and Durant played incredible next to each other. Harden and Westbrook was a little more clunky. I think its worth a shot, but look... its a LONG Shot.

What I really think would be preferable would be to rebuild around Harden but I think you need to look at a supporting cast like Iverson had in Philly when they had success. I love the "idea" of the Capela/D-Mo front line, and then from that point on its a blank canvas. Basically I want great defense again, and let Harden be Harden. Also... if we keep Ariza, can we NOT design every play to end up where he's the constant player with the ball in his hands at the end of the shot clock? Ariza is okay with Harden but he should be playing hot potato with the ball instead of playing the role of Scottie Pippen.

I think the "idea" of keeping Pat Bev next to Harden makes some sense especially at his value on that contract, but a few things that worry me.

A. Is Pat actually overrated on defense?, and
    B. Should we be worried about him being able to stay healthy?

Maybe a Shaun Livingston type of long rangy athlete next to Harden? I dunno. Conley would be great, but its not the type of free agent move I'm thinking of. Honestly I'm not even really thinking about scoring in free agency and "winning July" like so much of the NBA world is obsessed with. Look at how Ainge collected all of those players. Look at how Morey collected those under-valued players at the end of the T-Mac/Yao era. How do we get back to that, or get to that with Harden as the primary offensive catalyst?

I dunno. Does that make sense? I don't know if you can get the flexibility to build a roster like that if Dwight resigns at the max, and you are just fishing for a "3rd guy".

20. malakas

malakas Member

He didn't say they wren't so good friends he said that they were pretty good friends, but because of Harden's diva attitude that was known from his OKC days there was no way they could have kept him and Durant stay there.

Maybe he's wrong maybe he's not. I don't have an opinion one way or another for Thorpe's credibility (the fact that I dont' think he's a straight up hack like most ESPN journalists it's a compliment for him :p ).
    But now we are here with the current situation and the team right now as the13th seed and looking far away from a championship contender and the various rumours about who is the problem. If you think it's likely to lure Durant with such team without even a coach..yeah..as you said we would be lucky if he gives us a meeting at this point.

But the point is that capspace anymore is useless. Not only the FAclass is very bad but also everyone and their mother will have millions and millions of caspace. We are talking about teams with near 70 millions.

I suppose we could try to get Batum with his 20 per projected salary.
    If we let Dwight go we are not longer even in the conversation for contender and we get 2 steps back in trying to lure stars.