1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NBA Players plan global exhibition tour

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by xcrunner51, Oct 19, 2011.

1. xcrunner51

xcrunner51 Member

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/7...planning-two-week-exhibition-tour-sources-say

It says players are expected to make up to six figures for this tour with some money being donated to charity.

Is it just me or would it be a crazy idea to organize a multi-city US tour and give away free seats to the public? I know it wouldn't generate any money for their 'broke' asses but the goodwill generated would be enormous. It would prove to the public that these guys are really dedicated to the game and just want to play and be paid fairly. Instead it just looks like their trying to eek out some dollars and expand their global brand.

It's no wonder that no one really gives a **** about the players (or owners). :eek:

2. Dreamin

Dreamin Member

I hope they come down under.

3. Shaud

Shaud Member

If it's not the NBA i'm not interested in watching.

4. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

I wouldn't pay money to see them.

5. Spooner

Spooner Member

Ya... this is gonna fail....

6. SPF35

SPF35 Member

yea, I mean it is cool to see the players up close, but quite frankly these games are boring. When they are competitive, it is usually for the last couple minutes. It just becomes them shooting and dunking around, no defense, no competition, no actual fire because there is literally nothing at stake and no one wants to get injured.

7. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

They should have done a 3-on-3 league. Just something way out there, this is basically a all-star game.

A 3on3 league would have been cool IMO.

I think people will go see though, thats why they are not doing it in America. The places they are going will not get every day to see Kobe play.

8. SPF35

SPF35 Member

definitely agree, a 3-3,2-2,1-1 is just more competitive and they have to have their guard up and constant attacking. Half court works because they dont run back for d intehse games so that might help it be more competitive. Yea they mine as well do some different things

9. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

I would applaud them for at least trying to keep basketball relevant ...

10. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Yawn!

These non-competitive events are no longer interesting to me.

11. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

NBA games are sometimes unwatchable in the lack of effort until the 4th quarter, this would be all out "Who cares who wins" basketball....and that sucks balls.

If they had prize money involved and the winners won the lion's share then you might have something interesting.

DD

12. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Member

If they played full-out for every quarter for every game. Half the team would be injured.

13. xcrunner51

xcrunner51 Member

Yea but I feel like they're not addressing their core fanbase. Expanding their world wide recognition is great but if all their domestic fans aren't thrown a bone and continue to grow increasingly frustrated with them then they won't have anyone at the games (which is one of the owners majors concerns).

The players not involved in the talks should be oh doing charitable acts and hamming it up for the public, not continuing to act like a bunch of spoiled entitled primadonnas.

14. ascaptjack

ascaptjack Member

Do these players have insurance?

15. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

It's pretty much All-Star games played by some non-stars. I haven't been interested in the ASG for years.

16. ascaptjack

ascaptjack Member

WojYahooNBA Adrian Wojnarowski
    The "World Tour" of NBA stars game on Sunday in Puerto Rico has been cancelled, source tells Y! Organizer can't deliver players