1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

nba, nhl or nfl?

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by Ghettostar85, Jul 29, 2004.

Tags:
  1. Ghettostar85

Ghettostar85 Member

wich one is ypour favorite and wich one is the biggest of them?

NBA is my my number one there isn't even a number two or three..
    I think nfl is the most popular and nhl is the one on the way down...

ok hit me!

2. Ender120

Ender120 Contributing Member

MLB is my favorite, but I guess that wasn't one of the choices.

Before the T-Mac trade, it would have been the NBA. I am a hopeless homer, and I love rooting for Houston teams. Unfortunately, I will not feel like I'm rooting for the Houston Rockets next year. I'll feel like I'm rooting for a mix of the New York Knicks, the Orlando Magic, and Yao Ming. Someone posted a list of all of our players, and their time with the team a while ago.

Mo Taylor has been here the longest, with 4 years. After that, there were a couple who had been here for 2 years (Yao Ming being one of them). Everyone else had been with us for one year or less. We traded away 3/5 of what was the Houston Rockets to me. I won't enjoy watching them as much next year. Will I be happy if they succeed? Sure. Like I said, I'm a homer. But I'll feel like we're doing it with the wrong people.

After the trade, the NFL is my favorite (out of the choices given). I love the way things are shaping up with the Texans, and I'm really excited and hopeful about this coming year. I'm thinking playoffs, and hopefully at least a .500 record.

3. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

1. NFL
    2. NBA
    3. The rest I don't really care about.

4. KaiSeR SoZe

KaiSeR SoZe Contributing Member

1.NBA
    2.NFL

I don't watch the NHL or the MLB. I can't stand baseball, I mean I tried hard to watch this year with the additions of Pettite and Clemens but I...just...can't...pay....attention

I just go to the astros.com site and read up on how their doing

5. drapg

drapg Member

1. NFL
    99,999,998. NBA
    99,999,999. MLB
    Infinti-1. NHL

6. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Miami Backyard bareknuckles boxing

7. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

depends on the season, really. i love them all.

8. boomboom

boomboom I GOT '99 PROBLEMS
    Supporting Member

NBA, NFL, MLB/NHL (tie)

BUT...nothing beats the intensity that playoff hockey brings.

9. DarkHorse

DarkHorse Contributing Member

1. NBA
    2. MLB
    3. NFL
    4. NHL

10. Life2Def

Life2Def Member

1. NBA
    2. NFL

11. gwayneco

gwayneco Contributing Member

1. MLB

2. NFL
    3. NHL
    4. NBA

I wish we had an NHL team, though I do appreciate the Aeros.

I once really enjoyed basketball, but now I find the 80-75 games unwatchable.

Once loved the NFL, but I haven't really warmed to the Texans.

The Astros are making me hate my favorite sport.

12. RC Cola

RC Cola Contributing Member

1. NBA
    2. NFL
    3. MLB

The rest don't really matter. I actually watched a little bit of hockey back when the Stars won the cup, and I actually owned and played a hockey game or two around that time, but I could barely watch it now. Although I'm not sure whether I'd watch it or the WNBA. I don't know why, but I couldn't ever get into the WNBA.

The NBA is really high up in their in my life. I'm a big fan of the Cowboys and could give a scouting report on any current Cowboy, but they do not compare to the Rockets in my world. In fact, my dad asked if I wanted him to get some tickets to go to a Cowboys game, which we have never been to, and instead of being excited to see my favorite football team in an excellent NFL atmosphere, I was wondering how many fewer Rockets games I'd be able to go see. It was kind of a weird thing.

Baseball is as far from the NFL as the NFL is from the NBA in my views. I watch a lot of Astro games, but mostly because there is nothing else to watch during the summer. I still enjoy it, at times, but its not that great for me.

13. 3814

3814 Contributing Member

1) NHL - i live on hockey.
    2) NBA - close second.
    3) NFL - distant third.

4) CFL

5) MLB

14. jondoe654

jondoe654 Member

im screwed cause the only thing sport i really care about is the nba and that wont start again for months!! i usually go to one astros game still am yet to go to aeros or texans, but when it comes to the rockets its as many games as a poor college student can buy!

Go Houston(insert team here)!!

15. arkoe

arkoe (ง'̀-'́)ง

And the Yao-only fan base continues to grow!
    :p

I understand what you're saying Ender, but part of being a homer is going for whoever the home team throws out there, regardless of who it is. The Rockets could open next season starting Scotty Brooks and 4 CBA nobodies, and I'd still watch.

Personally, I like watching the MLB the best, followed by the NBA. NFL's a distant 3rd, I'm trying to get back into it now that Houston has a team again.

16. Preston27

Preston27 Contributing Member

1) NASCAR
    2) MLB
    3) NFL
    4) NBA
    5) NHL

17. Preston27

Preston27 Contributing Member

1) NASCAR
    2) MLB
    3) NFL
    4) NBA
    5) NHL

18. 12345

12345 Member

Are you serious?

IMO, the NFL is the best, by far! The games are more entertaining and each game has a significant impact on the season.

19. Ender120

Ender120 Contributing Member

I'm not sure if you're referring to me as a Yao-only fan, but that's the farthest thing from the truth. I've come to resent Yao Ming. At first, he was a nice enough guy and I was waiting for him to develop into one of the elite players in the game.

Now, I'm just bitter that such a soft player is seen as the most necessary piece of the team, to the point where Steve, Cat, and Cato could be tossed aside like garbage and no one really minded.

I also understand what you're saying about how a homer will follow the team no matter who is on it. It's just that for the past 5 years, Steve, Cat, and Cato were players who *defined* the Houston Rockets, in my mind. When I would think "Houston Rockets", I would think Steve and Cat. Then Yao Ming joined the party, and I was all too happy to have him, until he started making Steve expendable (ie- we can afford to lose Steve because we still have Yao).

They gave everything they had to give for the organization, and despite their performance, I always appreciated it. But everyone couldn't get rid of them fast enough, and now we have a bunch of players from someone else's team, and very few of the people that defined the Rockets for so many years.

I understand that many will say that now, it will be Yao and T-Mac, along with whatever garbage we picked up from the Magic and Knicks, that will define our team. I'm sure this is the truth, and sooner or later I'll just have to accept it.

But for now, I'm still really bitter about the whole ordeal.

20. fadeaway

fadeaway Contributing Member

1. NBA
    2. NFL
    3. MLB
    4. NHL