1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[nba]Nash injured. Sprained ankle.

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by devin23, Oct 15, 2008.

1. devin23

devin23 Member

Hope he'll be ok. But now lets see how Amare do without nash, if Nash's not playing early in the season.

http://www.nba.com/games/20081015/PHXATL/recap.html

ATLANTA(AP) Grant Hill made an 18-foot jump shot with 5.6 seconds left and the Phoenix Suns beat the Atlanta Hawks 102-100 in a preseason game Wednesday night.

Raja Bell scored 18 points and Boris Diaw added 15 points for Phoenix.

Steve Nash scored 11 points before leaving with a sprained right ankle with a little more than two minutes left in the first half.

Acie Law hit two free throws with 26.6 seconds left to tie the game at 100. Law, starting his third consecutive game in place of Mike Bibby, had six assists and 12 points.

Flip Murray led the Hawks with 23 points, including 15 in the first half. Al Horford, starting at forward, had 15 points and six rebounds. Zaza Pachulia, starting at center, had seven points and 10 rebounds.

Suns center Shaquille O'Neal was in street clothes, getting the night off while coach Terry Porter looked at some smaller lineups.

Rookie Robin Lopez, the 15th overall pick in this year's draft, had nine points and nine rebounds while starting for O'Neal.

Hill added 13 points and rookie Sean Singletary scored 13 points.

Notes: F Amare Stoudemire (torn iris in right eye) and Leandro Barbosa, who returned to the team this week after being with his ailing mother in Sao Paulo, Brazil, also did not play for the Suns. ... Hawks coach Mike Woodson gave Bibby (strained right oblique) the night off. ... G Mario West left the game with a sprained left ankle. ... PG Speedy Claxton has missed all five preseason games with a pulled hamstring.

Copyright 2007 by STATS LLC and Associated Press. Any commercial use or distribution without the express written consent of STATS LLC and Associated Press is strictly prohibited

2. Omer

Omer Member

Yeah I sprained my ankle tonight too while going up for a layup during shootaround before a pickup game.

When I was coming down on the layup, a ball rolled underneath me and I landed right on it with my foot.

I have an ice pack on as I browse Clutchfans now, immobile and discouraged that I didn't even get to play foreal tonight and might not be able to for a while.

3. metalshred

metalshred Member

High five! Welcome to the party! I sprained my ankle 2 months ago and i still feel pain walking. I hope we both get well soon.

4. bladeage

bladeage Contributing Member

Unfortunately you guys will never be the same. I sprained my ankle pretty bad about 4 years ago. I still feel pain to this day and it affects me mentally when I play. You just don't have that same speed after something like that...if it is bad of course.

5. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

agreed. I sprained my ankle bad twice, the same ankle, the last time in December 2007 - never the same!

on the other hand, i'm not a professional athlete, don't have access to professional trainers and doctors or other similar resources, so, especially if only a light sprain, Nash should be fine.

6. Nelly

Nelly Contributing Member

Two words for you guys: Physical Therapy.

7. BoomShakalaka

BoomShakalaka Member

Man I sprained my ankle snagging a rebound and fell on the floor in agony, but like a warrior I got back up 10 mins later and continued playing only to find out 5 mins later it happened again, and felt pain for months.

8. postaboi713

postaboi713 Member

i sprained my ankle 2 weeks ago. Landed on the side of my foot, i'ma go buy some new hooping shoes 2morrow and try out my ankle at my school rec 2morrow...

9. metalshred

metalshred Member

As much as I love playing ball, I just don't think I'll play competitively like before ever again. I can't risk to let this happen again, it takes way too long to heal than I could stand.

It's not like once I don't play, I'll be fine. I feel pain while walking in normal pace everyday, imagine how much I can't do and how annoying it feels.

10. Jeff Who

Jeff Who Member

Damn I have something similar. I mean yesterday while walking down the street i just stepped badly with my right foot. My ankle hurts as hell but I am not sure if it is sprained.

11. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

Everybody's ignoring the Amare comment.... Yao fans smile in delight

Amare was already a 20 & 10 guy when Stephon Marbury was the point guard. If Nash is out, his numbers should be okay. Especially if they're gonna lean on him to carry the team more

12. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

never seen that one before. i assume it's minor.

13. ClutchCityReturns

ClutchCityReturns Contributing Member

He's stated that he'll probably wear goggles for the rest of his career, so I don't know how minor I would consider it.

14. l3igballer23

l3igballer23 Contributing Member

I know what you mean exactly. There are some days where I feel really good and can play at full speed but some days I can't even walk correctly. I also, feel pain in my left knee and right foot almost regularly (not really sure whats wrong with them). However, my ankle usually doesn't hold me back, but I try not to elevate too much when I jump because I really don't want to risk falling on someone's foot and rolling my ankle which is what happened to me the last couple of times. Anyway, after a couple of recurring injuries its difficult to get back to your old ways of playing ball.

15. devin23

devin23 Member

Woa, i honest didn't even notice the torn iris part. Wonder how that happened.

16. warmshizzle

warmshizzle Member

Hmm.

Do you people not have access to Physiotherapists in your country?

In New Zealand the government health care system covers pretty much all accidents. I love my country.

17. bladeage

bladeage Contributing Member

Boris Diaw did it.

18. JVGFAN

JVGFAN Member

How much of your paycheck does the government take for that service?
    I have severely sprained my ankle 3 times. Most recently 5 weeks ago and it's still swollen. The slightest uneveness can make my ankle turn when walking. I was playing ball 3 times a week, but I may have to stop. Every time you do it it stretches, tears and damages your ligaments. I have rehabbed it and and did strength training with bands, but still weak.