1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NBA moving 2017 All-star game from Charlotte due to anti LGBT bill

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by James Hardashian, Jul 21, 2016.

?

Do you like this move by the NBA?

Poll closed Jul 26, 2016.
  1. Yes

39 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. No

28 vote(s)
    35.9%
  3. Who cares

15 vote(s)
    19.2%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

So, will the NBA Make MJ Move his team out of Charlotte as well?

2. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I like it.

3. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I don't think you get it. Some of us care about discrimination and want it parked in the proverbial dustbin of history. That includes discrimination against people of color, something I'm old enough to have seen first hand, discrimination against someone for their religious beliefs, discrimination against someone of a particular ethnicity, or discrimination against someone because of their sexual orientation. It has nothing to do with a particular sports event. It has everything to do with the kind of country we want to live in. A country with freedom and justice for all.

4. Lurch

Lurch Live Wilder.

I personally don't agree with big names companies taking a stand for something. That's not your job. Target for instance, your job is to be a superstore where I can find many great products. The NBA is meant to entertain people with the best basketball the world has to offer. Stay out of politics.

People are not going to change their mind on a particular issue because of a big company taking a stance.

5. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Wrong. I get it. What you don't get is the city of Charlotte is going lose out on a small economic boost. I doubt this is what the LGBT community set out to do.
    Besides, I never said they weren't allowed to go to games. I just said that they weren't going. That's called being truthful, not discriminating. Nice try though. Great speech.:)

6. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Thank you. The truth can sound pretty good.

7. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

No one is talking about the possible backlash that the LGBT community of Charlotte may get from other people in the city because of this.

8. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Target's job is to make money for Target shareholders - it decided it could do this better by taking a stand on the side of right and not pandering to reactionary dirt eaters.

If you don't like it, sell your Target shares or bring a derivative lawsuit or start a proxy fight.

IF you don't own Target shares, you probably shouldn't even be talking about what Target's job is with respect to you - it has none.

That's because it's a stupid thing to talk about, and basically you'd only talk about it if you were the kind of clown that wanted such a thing to happen.

9. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

You mean the bigotry the LGBT community might receive because the NBA acted against bigotry? Trust me, they are more than willing to chance that reaction and are thrilled that the League took a stand.

10. WFU Guy

WFU Guy Member

The City Council members that were elected in the fall all campaigned to pass this city ordinance to support LGBTQ rights. Unlikely that folks that put them in place would think this is the LGBTQ community to blame for repercussions of HB2 (authored by the State).

1 person likes this.
  11. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

No Fisher, I'm the kind of clown who knows how some people will react to what was considered a big deal for their city.

12. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

13. J.R.

J.R. Member