1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NBA LP on dishnetwork!!!!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by jfong, Oct 29, 2002.

1. jfong

jfong Member

Just called DISH and they are taking order now! $159.

2. jtotheb

jtotheb Contributing Member

J, I don't know who you talked to, but don't you think that if the NBA were going to be on Dish, we'd have seen an advertisement?
    BTW, I checked their website, and there's NOTHING about the NBA League Pass. The dude you talked to might've thought you were referring to the new NHL package they are offering now.

As a Dish subscriber, I personally would hate for them to pick up the NBA or NFL or MLB packages, for fear that we might have to do without those AWESOME Cricket games.

LEAVE MY CRICKET ALONE DISH NETWORK!

:D

3. Smokey

Smokey Contributing Member

NHL package is $159. If its the NHL, I'd cancel right away or you may be stuck paying the bill. You can't cancel once the season starts.

4. heech

heech Contributing Member

5. DAROckets

DAROckets Contributing Member

Yep says NBA League Pass on my TV ....HAPPY HAPPY JOY JOY

6. #1draftpik

#1draftpik Member

Yep....LP is on my TV right now too

7. ron413

ron413 Contributing Member

I called Time Warner about the NBA League Pass free preview and the lady was absolutely stupified as to what I was talking about. I hope they live up to their offer for free NBA Action from 10/29-11/05. Right now my screen still says SUBSCRIPTION REQUIRED when it should be playing that cheesy lounge music and have a Bulletin with the 2 team names and a Blue Screen.

http://www.indemand.com/moviesandevents/viewProduct.jsp?page_sectionId=4&prodId=4633

Does anyone else have any clue what is up for us Time Warner folks who want to watch the NBA League Pass (for free)? :cool:

8. TxCowboy96

TxCowboy96 Member

That is WHY I TOLD Time Warner to KISS OFF! Their customer service is horrendous! They couldn't tell you the time of the day if you asked! But oh well! Hope you guys get it resolved! Cuz we got some GOOD basketball coming up!

9. corbe

corbe Contributing Member

Just talked to Melanie (sweet voice) at Dish 18003333474
    Main Points
    There will be a free Preview (selected games or not-unsure) from Oct 29-Nov 11.
    Price structure (subscribing within theses dates)
    Oct 29-Nov 11 $159.00
    Nov 12- Jan 12 $179.00
    Jan 13- April 16 $99.00
    They will break the payment into 3 payments of @ $53.00/month
    I'm IN!!!!!
    I miss my Rox in a San Antonio saturated Market.

10. rockit

rockit Contributing Member

Man, this is the best news of the day so far. I can't wait to get home and see if its for real for my reciever as well. I've been waiting forever for the NBA League Pass on Dish, and finally this season, with the Hakeem farewell game coming up, I might be able to catch it ... too good!

11. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

If you have Time Warner...you need to call and have them FORCE a signal to your box.

Look for my post about it.

DD

12. wgray

wgray Member

you know what you are so right! i have nuthing but truble with time warner. i am so mad because i can't get dsl and i am stuck on road runner. thank god for the dish network if i can get nba that is.

13. ron413

Even for the free NBA League Pass Preview which they know absolutely nothing about? I tried to tell her about how all the channels worked for League Pass and she was lost. Its like a foreign language to the people who answer the phones at Time Warner. DaDakota, advise me on how to use this FORCE you speak of! So lets get this straight: You use time warner digital cable, and you are able to see that your free NBA league pass is working just fine?

#13 ron413, Oct 29, 2002
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2002
  14. corbe

corbe Contributing Member

My RoadRunner is almost 3 times faster than my (SBC) DSL.

(DSL)9300/kbs-(RoadRunner)25000 kbs. I depends on where you live, fortunately I'm the only one on my Block-probably forever...

15. Sherlock

Sherlock Contributing Member

This has come about due to the new <a href="http://www.echostarmerger.com/5030/#">DirecTV/Echostar merger</a>. Echostar owns DishNetwork.

I'm thrilled about this too... thanks for letting me know. I have Dish Network and was about to switch to DirecTV to get League Pass. Now I don't have to.

16. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

I get almost 400 big K sometimes on my road runner. I download almost 2 gigs in 1 1/2 hours once. :D

I hate digital cable though so I went back to Directv. Picture is so much better and I don't have to deal with them screwing my stuff up.

17. wgray

wgray Member

thats all fine and good but i am a quake 3 player adn i need ping around 50ms and r.r. can't give it to me

18. ron413

I e-mailed InDemand concerning the NBA League Pass free preview for Time Warner Digital Cable subscribers and this is the response I received:

Hello-

We have forwarded your email to our Rep that handles this system. Hopefully
    we can get them to activate the Free Preview as soon as possible.

19. MASEJ83

MASEJ83 Member

I have Direct T.V. and I got a chip that gets me everything for free, I got it from my brothers friend. I paid him 100 dollars and the chip will get me everything for free for 6 months then I half to pay for it agian. WHAT A DEAL!!!

20. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Ron Here is my thread about Time Warner.

Basically, avoid everyone else having the issue when theirs does not work...after I had them force a signal and reboot my cable boxes I was able to watch Preseason ball.

DaDakota