1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NBA Live returns from three year hiatus

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by sew, Aug 9, 2012.

1. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

If Live 13 won't be the shizznit I won't buy a NBA game this year, for the first time in 7 years. Have every 2k since 2k6, but 2k11 was meeh, 2k12 was a bugfest and the online is still terrible. 2k13 videos looked like they changed nothing gameplay-wise and try to lure people with more meaningless legends and ASG gimmicks.

2. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Member

That video was showcasing the game in early alpha.

3. JD88

JD88 Member

A summer league atmosphere kinda like the pick up games during the lock out would be a nice bonus. Those games were more fun to watch then any NBA game I watched all year.

4. arjun

arjun Member

talk about simulation..lol...you want to "play" the nba lockout ?? haha

5. da_juice

da_juice Member

My biggest things are the association and the creation tools for teams. The association always have stupid, one-sided trades, and even when I turn CPU trading off they make the deals in the offseason.

And the creation thing, man oh man. I spend time making a carbon copy of the 1975 Buffalo Braves only to have them play in a generic arena with a stock photo as the coach and the letter "B" for a logo because there's only 2 or 3 interesting logos. At least let me upload my own image.

6. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

I hope they put the fiba back in the game

7. Drexlerfan22

Drexlerfan22 Member

I played NBA 2K religiously since the original came out, through 2K9, so I played it a ton for 10 years. But lately, despite all the great review scores (which baffles me), I don't think they've been that good. You get locked into predetermined animations for too long, which makes the gameplay feel very choppy. I even bought 2K11 and played it for like a week, just trying desperately to like it, but ultimately decided that 2K9 is still, sadly, the better game.

So ultimately, I hope the new Live can manage to at least not be embarrassingly bad. Maybe that'll be the kick in the pants that the 2K team needs to make huge strides in gameplay again, like they used to every year.

8. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

2K need competition so they're forced to step up.

9. RC Cola

RC Cola Member

I don't get the review scores either. Played the last 3 2K games a lot, and they've had lots of problems IMO. Some good ideas, but just not executed very well (and I don't necessarily mean the bugs).

Not really interested in Live, but as mentioned, maybe they'll help 2K improve their game.

10. Poloshirtbandit

I loved College Hoops 2k8, still play it from time to time but I don't think sales for the game were that great so 2K didn't bother renewing their NCAA license.

11. AXG

AXG Member

2K9 was my favorite as well. It was my only NBA game for almost 3 years until I bought 2K12.

12. jdh008

jdh008 Member

Me too. After not buying NBA Live for several years, I bought the 2009 game almost exclusively because of the impressive roster of FIBA international teams.

13. Classic

Classic Member

Probably the best NBA Live ever, down hill ever since. Especially loved the cover!!

[​IMG]

14. Coach AI

Coach AI Member

I'd be a lot more hopeful about this if it wasn't for the fact it was more like a 2 year hiatus with a comeback attempt that hilariously horrible.

Still, it would be good to have another good basketball game for competition's sake.

15. TheShooter

TheShooter Member

They need to bring back the Freestyle Superstars like in NBA Live '06 and '07. Those were the ****.

16. Poloshirtbandit

My personal favorite

<object width="420" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/lnIMy9hQGYw?version=3&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/lnIMy9hQGYw?version=3&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="420" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

17. AMS

AMS Member

02 and 07 had Rockets on the cover...

18. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Yea but still, all they mention is ASG and Legends. The gameplay is not as good as many make it out to be, AI cheats, online service is flat out horrible.

Don't want to give any money to 2k anymore.

19. da_juice

da_juice Member

EA should just bring back Street 2 but with modern rosters.

20. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Member

Did people actually play that game? Lol.