1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NBA Live 2005 for PC

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by ron, Oct 27, 2004.

Tags:
  1. ron

ron Member

When does it come out for PC. Somebody said it came out this week sometime... Have to buy it for my son...
    BTW, is walmart a good place to buy it. Or should I look somewhere else?

2. Stack24

Stack24 Contributing Member

Man this is so in the wrong forum it's not even funny...it will be locked or moved pretty soon =)

you might want to check out www.easports.com

They have all the info.

3. Mooch

Mooch Member

this game is so bad ass.. ALOT better then last yrs

4. sums41

sums41 Contributing Member

i stopped playing live after like 97, i switched to Sega in 98. Now i play ESPN Basketball but i just got a coupon on ea's website that if you buy two games you get one free so i just might try it this year.

5. Seven21

Seven21 Member

Its not a coupon I dont think .. just an offer they got going right now. I called gamestop today and they still didnt have it. Should be out any day now though. He said call back tommorrow. My next bet will be walmart. But anyways yea this thread is in the wrong place.

6. Glyyde

Glyyde Member

I think it is suppose to be release today......

for PC, the only choice is NBA Live.....

damn.... its selling at 25Pounds here in UK!!! damn ex!!!

7. YallMean

YallMean Member

I want to buy Fifa2005 and tiger woods 2005 for xbox. We can buy 3 for 100 bucks and I will pay 67 for these two and you pay 33 for live2005. Interested?

8. KaiSeR SoZe

KaiSeR SoZe Contributing Member

http://www.easports.com/buy2.jsp

I wanted to use one for NCAA and Madden but I decided to buy NBA live instead, its pretty good!

9. MrRolo

MrRolo Contributing Member

just wanted to say that espn nba 2k5 is horrible on ps2! get live for ps2, less buggy even if it is more arcadish. Live 2005 on PC would be great :)

10. YallMean

YallMean Member

I picked it up in costco for $15, xbox. I must say for a 15 buck game, it is pretty decent.

11. MrRolo

The Xbox version is good, the ps2 version is toned down (doesnt have the graphics that were advertised plus other bugs).

12. YallMean

YallMean Member

Get a Xbox then. :) I returned my PS2 the 2nd day I got it.
    This thread is now the video gaming discussion.

13. MrRolo

Gran Turismo doesnt come on xbox ;) Tahts the reason I bought ps2 in the first place

14. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

damn man.... I bought ESPN Basketball (new one).....I wish I still had my $22 back so I could spend it on Live.

I knew I shouldn't have gotten the game. It just doesn't feel right to me. I like their new Football game,(2k5?) but the backetball game just doesn't flow right. (it's not smooth). I might wait till after christmas to get NBA LIVE for PC when it will be much cheaper than the $49 tag.

15. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

just curious...

what bugs have yall run into with ESPN 2k5? I went ahead and got it cause the price was right even tho I have been a fan of Live...and its nto bad...I kinda like it.

bt I will still get the Live 05 for the PC..

I think I might start a thread to see what everyone's rosters look like in 2k5...I made a series of good roster moves and have a dominating team built around TM and Yao..;)

16. tierre_brown

tierre_brown Contributing Member

I personally hate how on ESPN Association mode, the lower picked teams in a fantasy draft tend to always be the champions as opposed to the #1 pick team. But Live doesn't have 24/7, which is great...we'll just have to see how that "create your own dunk" feature is...

17. MFW2310

MFW2310 Contributing Member

Question about those that have Live already. Are the trades still that stupid? Several specific points:
    1) Does it still use the stupid 300K salary max instead of real figures
    2) 3 way trades back in?
    3) In past years, I offer at the trade deadline, KG for the team that currently had the worst record, it either gets rejected or say "Utah (usually them) isn't interested in trades involving draft picks right now, try again later." I mean, man, that's just STUPID. If I were offered KG for a 1st overall I'd take that trade right now.
    4) Directly related to 3), you can't trade for a potential first overall at the deadline AND you can't trade for it before the draft. Because EA was stupid enough to put the post season moves in sequence and trade after drafts. So you can't trade for the draft pick at all. That's F*CKED UP.

18. Sir Geving

Sir Geving Contributing Member

So has anybody bought NBA Live for pc yet? Can I go to Walmart and buy it today?

19. Seven21

Seven21 Member

No luck yet .. went to walmart this morning and the label with price was there .. but the game itself wasnt on the shelf. I called Gamestop and they didnt have it today. Said it should of been here, but that maybe tommorrow.

20. Sir Geving

Sir Geving Contributing Member

Oh man
    I hate waiting :p