1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NBA live 2000

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by vj23k, Oct 2, 2000.

Tags:
  1. vj23k

vj23k Contributing Member

i just got the game saturday(its a classic now so you can buy it for$7) and it rated francis as a 71, while guys like twan walker got a 80. Zydrunas Ilgaskus has a 75. brand, odom, and terry are all rated higher than him... i cant believe that. they dont have a clue what they were thinking,,

2. Rockets R' Us

Rockets R' Us Contributing Member

Damn! $7 bucks?!?!? Where at? I bought mine for like $50 way back in July or February I think. Dang!

------------------
    Francis out top, 9 seconds on the clock, he gives a no look pass to Cuttino Mobley, 4 seconds left, Mobley passes to an open Langhi in the corner with 1 second left! Langhi at the buzzer.......YES!!! How Sweet It Is!!

3. Summer Song Giver

what game system is that vj cuz on my psx version francis is a 76 along with all other rooks except baron davis...77

------------------
    I'm not the type to eat it up but the type to hit it raw dog and seed it up.

4. FrancisFan

FrancisFan Contributing Member

5. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

All the top rookies (Francis, Brand, Odom) were ranked 76 on NBA live 2000. The only exception, as stated earlier, was Baron Davis at 77. If you don't think the game's ratings are off, consider this. Scottie Pippen is ranked an 82. Gary Payton, Vince Carter, and Allen Iverson are ranked 81. Shaq and Kobe 80. 'Nuff said.

------------------
    Looking for next year's Dan Langhi? Draftsource.net
    ClutchTown.com

Go Packers and Rams!

6. vj23k

vj23k Contributing Member

i got it at sams. and for the computer... they might be different, and still francis is and was way better than baron davis. oh and shaq lower than 6 players? that was crazy, but i love how magic, mj, etc are back.

7. Steve

Steve Member

wat i did was upgrade the playa in the options i put him at 99

------------------
    "It wasn't a fight. He punched me one time, that's all. That's not a fight. I don't fight at 30,000 feet. I had an education." L8 vs Stack

8. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Dang...how could they do that to Francis. Damn fantasy bball programmers. They are a bunch of geeks. Probably have never seen him play. Instead they just rely on the fact Steve turned the ball over at a top 10 rate and downgrade him for that. Stats mean nothing. I mean how can a fantasy bball game rely so heavily on stats without actually watching him play. They should rely less on stats and more on actual play. I don't understand this fantasy bball.

is there a more realistic game I can play than fantasy bball. Problem for me is I have spent way too much money on season tickets to spend searching for realistic game. One of these days, season tickets will come with controllers to poll the fans who they want in the game at anytime, and what play should be called. Now then we'd have an awesome game.

[This message has been edited by heypartner (edited October 02, 2000).]

9. gr8-1

gr8-1 Contributing Member

Player ratings depend on the producers. Could have been UCLA grads.

------------------
    "Only Hakeem Olajuwon is a better athlete." Dick Versace, when referring to Antonio McDyess before the draft.

10. Gascon

Gascon Member

That's why I like the option of changing player rankings.

------------------
    Sometimes I think I'd be better off dead.

No, wait, not me...you.

11. stringthing

stringthing Member

ya guys gotta get NBA2K for Dreamcast...

simply the best NBA simulation out there IMHO...

And the rumor is that they will drop the price on the cast to 99 bones when the PS2 first comes out...A real steal considering that the PS2 and its games will be very hard to come by and way expensive when they first come out.

------------------

12. PhiSlammaJamma

Find yourself a record and CD exchange. You can get all new games for 10$ less than the 45$ price,(still wrapped). You can get used games for a lot less. It's a steal.

------------------
    humble, but hungry.

13. Cougar Brass

Cougar Brass Member

Don't think about playing with Francis in franchise mode. He never improves and usually decreases. When I tried to play a Rockets franchise Francis declined 5 points in 3 years while Drew improved by 3.

14. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Sorry but NBA Live 2001 for PS2 is gonna kick serious ass i mean you can freakin see the space between their fingers , Beside if Francis was a complete flop last year(which he wasn't) and the Rating for him was like 85 it would make the video game people look stupid

------------------
    This signature space for rent call 555 ...

15. Rocketeer

Rocketeer Contributing Member

Who ever plays Live 2000, you must visit www.nba-live.com . They always have the current rosters for uploads along with the cyberfaces. It's really cool.

------------------
    www.rocketzone.web.com is no more.