1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NBA League Pass

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Republic, Mar 4, 2009.

1. Republic

Republic Member

I'm posting this question here, as I'm not sure it fits anywhere else. If it's in the wrong spot, please move accordingly...

I know there has to be some League Pass subscribers here. I currently subscribe to it via Comcast Cable and like everything else with Comcast, I'm having tons of problems with the quality of service.

Is there a Houston provider (either cable, satellite, etc.) that provides League Pass in full high definition? When I spoke with a Comcast sales rep about this service, I was told "many games are in HD". As we quickly learned, this was not the case. The Houston area games are broadcast on channels 600-610 and these are not capable of HD broadcast content, etc. Needless to say, I bought something under misrepresentation.

It's too hard to tell from other company websites (dish network, AT&T, etc.) what exactly is available to League Pass subscribers, so I thought the logical place to discuss services was in a forum like this (full of hoops fans).

Anyone have any recommendations? I'm sick of having a top of the line HD set and a blurry picture.

Thanks

2. Tuan

Tuan Member

Arent the Rockets HD games on channel 302 or 305? I cant remember which one on the top of my head.

3. Republic

Republic Member

Yes, but I'm asking about League Pass. Rockets HD games are either through Fox Sports (HD 302) or on My20 (3something). I'm talking about League Pass games (out of market) games.

Blackout restrictions prohibit customers in this market from viewing Rocket games through League Pass (as I understand it anyway). Let's not confuse these with the out of market premium service(s) of League Pass. For instance, the Celtics/Nets game is on 605 at the moment and it's blurry as hell. This is what I'm trying to get away from. I want a better provider than Comcast.

4. FFz

FFz Member

i remember when i was a little kid and we had these aluminum foils on the antenna and my dad had to adjust it for 20 minutes to get nbc. Ahh good times. No idea for your question though. Don't think technology has caught up to your demands yet.

5. Republic

Republic Member

Well, the technology is here, it just isn't offered by my cable provider. Many of the out-of-market games listed as viewing choices are broadcast in HD in their respective home markets (some of them are even on the Comcast sports network) but the Houston Comcast carrier only offers them in standard def.

I'm looking for a provider that offers a large amount of sports-related HD programming. If anyone has a dish and has a lot of games available in HD, kindly post some information/feedback here. Thanks.

6. HAYJON02

HAYJON02 Member

I have a League Pass question too. Right now, with 20 games remaining it costs $99. Will they lower it again before the end of the season? I'm not sure I want to pay a hundred bucks for a handful of games.

I live in Austin. It's too bad they black out FSN Houston. I guess this is SPur territory? I'd so much rather pay just to have that one channel unblocked.