1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NBA League Pass - Rockets coverage problems (Attn: Houston Rockets)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Doctor Robert, Dec 30, 2011.

1. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Member

Has nothing to do with the amount of channels because the channel is open, they have a freaking placeholder saying it's blacked out on the channel it's supposed to play on.

2. PigMiller

PigMiller Member

I'm having this problem this season too...couple times already. I called Time Warner and they told me it had to do with the number of tickets sold.

The way it was described to me was that, say if the Rockets are playing a home game, and the League Pass channel is set to broadcast the feed via FSN Houston...if there aren't "enough" (not sure what qualifies as enough) tickets sold at Toyota Center, the game will be blacked out.

This doesn't really make sense to me since apparently the game isn't actually being blacked out in Houston. It seems like League Pass should still be able to take the feed from Houston regardless.

3. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Member

I agree with you, if that it doesn't make sense at all, the whole purpose of League Pass is so you can watch games that out of market regardless, outside of national games and local games.

They've really screwed something up this year and I'm pretty pissed I'm paying for something that doesn't even give me what I want.

4. dobro1229

dobro1229 Member

I cant say I agree with their response here because the game was available on broadband but not on TV. I could still get a NBATV Broadband feed from ADHETV.com or whatever that site is.

I cant tell you how many Detroit or New Jersey games ive turned on that were not blacked out by the cable company where there were like a grand total of 2 people in the stands.

Still, at least they have some sort of explanation, even though its a ridiculous one. Im pretty sure this is the final straw tonight if its blacked out again, Im canceling and just watching feeds on shady internet sites instead. Its pretty bad when those are more reliable and have a less grainy picture than Time Warner.

5. JLOBABYDADDY

JLOBABYDADDY Member

I have it in San Antonio and I think it was a game a few days ago, I wanna say Portland that was blacked out on my iPad. Ive been able to see/DVR all other games on TWC San Antonio. Spurs I must watch on local TV of course.

6. H-TOWN

H-TOWN Member

This issue with Rockets games being blacked out is a bad problem for me as well on my League Pass. I have been using LP for about 4 years now and it seems to be getting worse. I live in Seattle and we get blacked out every time the Blazers are playing the Rockets since the Blazers are part of FSNW, and I have had many blackouts for apparently no reason at all. Its been frustrating.

7. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Member

Seems like League pass is turning into "Follow your favorite team from anywhere but only if we want to show you the game...."

8. asmith8266

asmith8266 Member

I live in Austin and stream every game from my computer through my TV. For free.

9. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Member

That's great but I don't want to watch games through a choppy feed on a computer.