1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NBA League Pass Q&A

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by kumakun, Sep 14, 2013.

1. CrazyDave

CrazyDave Contributing Member

I'm still unable to log in via various places to use LP BB, but all access says I'm activated.... Seems like it's like this every year, and I don't like waiting til last minute to know if everything is in order.

I haven't seen preseason games listed in the guide other than NBA TV games, but haven't looked on those channels when games should be on to see if something is coming on or not.

At this point, just hoping it's all in order, but that seems kinda ridiculous. It should at least be letting me log in, whether they are showing the games on BB yet or not.

2. TheresTheDagger

Bumping. Rep coming to anyone who can answer. :)

3. amazingskills

amazingskills Member

how do you choose home annnouncers with premium LP?...last night i listened to boring regie miller and the other guy... i didnt knew bill bull and clyde were in action until I saw the Clutch's clips...:rolleyes:

4. WestendMassive

I emailed them about this at the start of preseason - this was their reply:

5. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

Apologies since I'm sure it's been asked, but I don't feel like going thru 14 pages. I'm gonna order LP thru my cable company. Is there a coupon code that works or is $189 the price no matter what? Thanks in advance.

6. kuku

kuku Contributing Member

At the start of the NBA season LP is on a free trial. Make sure you opt out before the trial is over if you want to avoid the subscription fee.

Try the following promo codes:
    NBALP152013
    NBALP102013

Try first for 15% off, and if it doesn't work, try the second one for 10% off.

1 person likes this.
  7. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

From what I gathered with a google search, I think those are for International League Pass only... haven't found anything that says I can get a discount for Direct TV league pass. Thanks for the response though!

8. Horry4theWin

Horry4theWin Member

Ya only way to get a "discount" is by complaining through DirecTV and try to get credits off your total bill and not by promo codes.

For example, if you're in the Houston area, you can call and complain about them not having CSN Houston broadcast. Directv also offers the sports pack but still doesn't carry CSN Houston and you can try to complain about that.

1 person likes this.
  9. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

I had LP broadband last year.

I would say the service was average. Most of the time it streamed fine. However, sometimes it did freeze. I wasnt able to determine whether it was their service or my internet, therefore this year I am opting for LP on TV (which comes with free LP boradband anyways). If you google, you will see that quiet a few others experienced freezing problems.

BTW, they have added some new features to LP this year. You can now chose which commentators you want for the game (home vs away) and they will also archive nationally televised game in addition to the LP games.

1 person likes this.
  10. Horry4theWin

Horry4theWin Member

Not sure if this is any help, but there's message boards that discuss NBA League Pass on NBATV. People who bring up any problems usually mention buffering issues.

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/3613077?start=60&tstart=0

https://discussions.apple.com/message/23299749

Do you have an XBOX? I have NBA League Pass $189 TV deal and I can watch it on my XBOX as well.

Here's a video that demonstrates at least watching highlights.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/DY1AE7B46ME" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

1 person likes this.
  11. Horry4theWin

Horry4theWin Member

Apple TV* not NBATV :grin:

12. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

My experience was similar to Zboy's. It was no better than average, and somewhat inconsistent. Sometimes ok, sometimes choppy. Could get very annoying especially during key games/moments. Also opting for LP on TV this year for that reason.

1 person likes this.
  13. TheresTheDagger

Unfortunately, my cable provider doesn't offer League Pass this year. Changing providers is not an option at this point, so I'm stuck with Broadband.

Hopefully, its better this year. Thanks for the reply!

14. rocketfan21

rocketfan21 Member

Does anyone live in the Denver area? I ordered League Pass but can't find what channels it'll be on. Sad thing is I work for Comcast.

15. Horry4theWin

Horry4theWin Member

16. YYYY1313

YYYY1313 Member

I used LP and like those that have stated before me, LP can have lag issues. The games are about 45 seconds off from the actual stream and the quality isn't that great for what you are paying. It does have an archive feature so if the games are really laggy you can watch it. The downside with that you have to wait 24 to 48 hours before you have access to the archives. I'm going to give ballstream a shot since people are saying it uses 1080 p and addresses a lot of my gripes with LP.

17. houston#1

houston#1 Rookie

So there will be black out on league pass on dish network? I live in Houston.

18. Horry4theWin

Horry4theWin Member

Yes and games that are on NBATV because CSN Houston technically owns the rights.

19. houston#1

houston#1 Rookie

Ok, then whats the alternative way that I can watch Rockets other than crappy online stream? I really want to watch Rockets games.

20. YYYY1313

YYYY1313 Member

BallStream apparently doesn't have any blackouts and is cheaper than LP. Do your due diligence, but I'm going to give it a go.