1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NBA League Pass Problem: Help!

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by BabySeal, Feb 20, 2015.

1. BabySeal

BabySeal Member

I'm not sure if anyone can help me with this situation, but I thought it would be worth a try.

I'm trying to watch Rockets games on my LP account and I'm currently out of the country. Every time I try and click watch, it gives me a message saying that the game is blacked out due to local blackout restrictions. I don't understand why this is happening since I'm not in Houston.

To make things more complicated, a few times I've kept trying to watch disregarding the messages and the game has started working. However, like tonight, usually I'm unable to watch at all.

Anyone have any idea if this can be fixed?

2. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

If you purchased the US league pass and you are out of country, I dont think it is supposed to work.

They have a separate international league pass subscription, I believe.

3. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I think you need to spoof your IP to get it to work.

DD

4. hoopster325

hoopster325 Member

Simple solution, I live outside of the US and do this all the time.

You add a Google Chrome extension, its called Hola. Enter in the NBA league pass URL, and just make sure you choose US as the country of choice and it should work.

5. XxTCNxX

XxTCNxX Member

You bought a US league pass.... Burt Steele

6. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Why didn't you buy the International LP? It gives you access to the playoffs.

Which makes me wonder: Has anyone in the US tried spoofing the other way around? That is, buy intl league pass for the playoffs and use a Europe IP?

7. bongman

bongman Member

Shouldn't a trusted proxy or VPN get around that?

8. heypartner

I have a VPN, but only for BT data. I would have to upgrade it to full service. My question is mainly about quality. I wouldn't want the streaming to get slowed down in any way. So it's all thereoretically until tried

9. Exiled

Exiled Member

Try Hot spot shield

10. IzakDavid13

IzakDavid13 Contributing Member

I live in Australia and I think that this Blackout thing is crap...

You pay for the product, you should be able to watch the game, no matter what your location.

Teams get money from NBA broadcasting, & LP is just a Root sports telecast, it's not like they make there own production crew etc.

I know that they want people at the games for atmosphere and revenue, but not everyone can make games for whatever reason.

They used to do the same thing here in Oz with the cricket until the public got networks & cricket Australia to change their mind.

Also on a side note, when the arena is not full, move everyone into the section that is on TV.
    I hate seeing our stands half empty.

11. heypartner

^ what black outs do you get in Australia? The national broadcasts? But don't you have ESPN and TNT down there. If so, it's the same blackouts we get.