1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NBA League Pass Broadband Question

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Carl Herrera, Dec 1, 2012.

1. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

I presume these accounts cannot be shared. My brother lives in a different city and has been visiting, so we were using his account here. What would happen if we try to use the account on 2 computers at two different locations? Anyone ever tried?

2. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Never tried wth League Pass, but with the MLB package, you can only watch on one computer.

3. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

I believe the first one you log on from cuts off after five minutes if someone logs into the same account from somewhere else.

4. HMMMHMM

HMMMHMM Contributing Member

I heard from a friend who apparently did this in 2010 that back then it worked just fine.
    IIRC he and the guy he shared an account with only lived about 15 miles away from each other, though. Non-US account, too.

5. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

it should work fine, give it a shot.

6. SuperVon

SuperVon Contributing Member

It cuts out using two computers.
    It cuts out using two mobile devices.
    But its fine if you use a mobile device (tablet) and computer at the same time.

7. Carl Herrera

Thanks all for the replies.

So, if u get one of those "triple play" packages, u can use the TV and let a family member use the broadband and another use the mobile?

Also, re: mobile. I presume there is no way to link it to the television or a larger monitor using a cable, right?

8. SuperVon

Never used it through a hdtv but you should give it a go. Its not like your account gets cancelled if you try on two computers at the same time. It just logs you out.

I know some tablets such as samsungs have hdmi connections, i guess you just need to look into what you own.

9. Someguy1229

Someguy1229 Member

If you have an Xbox 360 and Xbox Live then you can play it on your TV through an app the 360 has for League Pass.

10. Carl Herrera

So... We have a 3Mb/s cable connection for Internet. I notice some lag on LPBB (cut out to buffering once a while, more frequently at start of game). Will it get better if we upgrade to a faster connection or is the bottleneck elsewhere?q

11. SuperVon

Most of the time it works perfect for me, and i have about half your connection speed . I've had days when it works on my phone but lags on my laptop and tablet, even at the lowest quality. I'm using wireless too. On a positive note, I've been able to stream on two different devices at the same time, on the the same network, with no problems. As well as in two different locations, since i gave password to a friend.

My guess its the nba game time app or the LPBB browser thats having temporary issues, not your connection.

12. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Carl Herrera,

Do you have my email address? Email me through the board. I will give you my login and we can test this together. I'm curious, myself.

13. coolweather

coolweather Contributing Member

i haven't tried that. one thing i did, i tried to log on from a friend's house using my ipad but it won't work. i'm not so positive if it's validating IP address or my friend's internet was just slow.

14. jank1434

jank1434 Contributing Member

3 roommates and I shared the same account in college and I was never kicked off. I can't confirm that we were on at the same time as we were all fans of different teams, but I watched probably half of the games on broadband and the other half on TV and was always able to connect.

15. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

it works simultaneously on more than one computer.

a couple years ago i let a friend share my account. after about a month, the account stopped working, with an error message to contact cussdumber support. they made me confirm my IP address and then re-activated the account...

16. coolweather

coolweather Contributing Member

yeah, looks like it's the IP addess is the killer.

just realized that I use hotspot shied... so it can't be the IP :)

#16 coolweather, Dec 2, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 2, 2012
  17. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

this comes up every season.

not trying to jinx, but simply put- it works fine.

I share my password with my childhood best friend. he's in Texas, I'm in Cali.

we've been doing this for three years.

just do it and see if and when it works for you, dont take advantage of it...

18. Carl Herrera

Heypartner,

I just sent you an email through the board.

19. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

ok, i'll need to change my password. I will do it later and we can test tonight or tomorrow. But you better not pick my remaining 5 teams to activate, b****.

20. Carl Herrera

So... Activate Wizards, Kings, Bobcats.... :)

Anyhow, I can test whenever generally. Just pick a time.