1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Can former Rocket Eric Gordon and the Suns bounce back against the Timberwolves? Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Nba jersey tailor

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Warheart, Nov 19, 2014.

1. Warheart

Warheart Member

So I just received my custom authentic rockets jersey but it's too long. Is it smart to take it to a tailor or will that mess up the jersey. Its like wearing a dress and I'm not the guy into that kinda thing

Input?

2. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

Just wear the jersey long. Thus no pants needed.

3. WhoMikeJames

WhoMikeJames Contributing Member

Basketball jerseys are the most awkward of the big 4 sports. No sleeves, they run long and people try to wear them over other clothes...

[​IMG]

4. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

What's the problem? You want people to tuck in their jersey? Gimme a break.
    Or do you want to see a bunch of dudes nipples through their jerseys? Of course people are going to wear them over something.

5. Garner

Garner Member

You know what's not appropriate? Being an adult male wearing only an NBA jersey and pants.

If you must wear a jersey, please....for the sake of everyone around you, wear an undershirt of sorts

6. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

The best advice I can give you is dont ever wear a basketball jersey... there is no way you can look cool wearing it. Hang it up or get it mounted or something

The only people that should wear NBA jerseys are NBA players, small children and rappers from the early 2000's

7. mrm32

mrm32 Member

But a kids jersey. Wear it. Now it's fitted.

8. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

get a smaller size?

9. 00rocketgirl

00rocketgirl Contributing Member

Sure, tailor it if you think it will look better and you'll get more wear out of it for it. I've cut and tailored a number of mine myself. Not the best by any means but does the job. But I have messed up and made them almost too short. So take off less than you think you should! I usually tailor the sides more than the bottom, since anything bigger than a youth large has way too big of arm holes for me.

Some of the jerseys are made way too long- like as if we are 6'7" and need to tuck our jerseys in our shorts like the players. Swingmans will often have the +2 inches versions.