1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NBA issues 'green room' invitations

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by dje243, Jun 18, 2011.

1. dje243

dje243 Member

Well According to ESPN, the NBA has issued its draft invitations to what it predicts will be the first 14 or 15 players picked. All the names you'd expect. I'm sure its not a solid indicator but interesting none the less.

Biyombo and Vucevic aren't on the list... ;)

2. sks123

sks123 Member

I like it, I hope we get Biyombo. He is the defensive minded presence we need in the middle even if he isnt too tall, he still has a huge wing span. He is the leading blocker in the spanish league so I think he would do well with us.

1 person likes this.
  3. dje243

dje243 Member

Yeah I agree with the Biyombo sentiment. He just looks way too athletic to pass up. Vucevic has some nice moves too. I'd be satisfied with either one.

4. valorita

valorita Member

What does the NBA base this green room invite on? Historically, how accurate is it? Which teams will take the 15 invited?

5. Egghead

Egghead Member

The NBA did a good job on green room invites last year. Luke Babbitt was the last green room invite to be drafted (16th overall)

6. iconoclastic

iconoclastic Member

The name green room conjures up images of a smoke-filled chamber where draft prospects take turns taking bong hits before walking onto the stage.

7. Dei

Dei Member

Has anybody been in the green room and not been drafted?

8. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

Don't think it's their intentions to embarrass a kid.

9. Seven

Seven Contributing Member

Better question would be...has there been anyone who's been invited, but drafted in the second round?

10. dje243

dje243 Member

Yeah Darrell Arthur... but that was due to the whole kidney thing back in 2008 i think it was. From what I understand the NBA does a lot of research (like calling up GM's) b/c like the previous poster mentioned they don't want to put anyone up there that won't get taken in the first round.

11. subtomic

subtomic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Most famous example I can think of is Rashard Lewis in 1998. Apparently, everyone thought the Rockets were going to take him with one of their 1st round picks. Everyone but the Rockets - I guess Bryce Drew was too good to pass up.

Darrell Arthur was taken in late 1st round.

12. dje243

dje243 Member

Ahh yeah, I was saying he didn't get picked in the first 14 or 15, but he was a first rounder.

13. authentic91

authentic91 Member

Lame, I usually always get an invite to those type of events.