1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NBA Game Action : 8/8/2020

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by DreamShook, Aug 8, 2020.

1. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Goes to show you... no player is just clutch all the time. Dame Time my a$$.

JayGoogle and CK Johnson like this.
  2. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

Lillard with the major choke. You would've thought LAC would give them this game. Huge loss for Portland.

Rocket River likes this.
  3. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

OKC is not falling to the 8th seed. Overrated or not, Portland has a better chance against the Lakers. Lakers aren't Warriors good, anything can happen.

4. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

5. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Media will have field day with Dame especially after those pre bubble comments.

6. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

7. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Dame is in his feelings never seen him act like this, lol

8. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

The thing is though...Lakers will feast as well. Portland is terrible on defense. The difference between Portland and Houston, or at least in a general sense, is Houston can play defense when they put their heart into it.

Portland DOES put their heart into it, CJ and Dame and Melo and all the defensive wings they lost...they simply can't do it.

Yeah, I didn't say they were like the Warriors, just that they are much better than Portland.

I think people are assuming that the games will be close enough for Dame to take over...I just don't see the games being close.

Everyone always overrates this team because Dame hit two game winners in the playoffs and people love those movements. I remember when people thought they would actually give the Warriors a scare. They always overrating this team because they are the perpetual underdog

They are not going to fall to 8 but no one wants to see them. I know I sure hope we avoid them. I'm sure Denver and LAC fans are thinking the same.

Lakers aren't Warriors good but they are much better than the Blazers.

JumpMan likes this.
  9. Juxtaposed Jolt

I agree with this. Ariza opting out really hurt them. He'd be the first (and perhaps only?) line of defense against the best forward on either LA team (LeBron, Kawhi/PG)

JayGoogle likes this.
  10. London'sBurning

London'sBurning Contributing Member

DreamShook and JayGoogle like this.
  11. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

And when those guys get into "Win or go home mode", will against will, they don't have anyone to do it but CJ is too small for a wing and too weak, Dame is a turnstill, and melo melo, and these other guys...

They lost all of their defensive wings last season and that's why they really needed Ariza.

Houston at least we have Tucker and House and Harden at the end of the games can literally turn it up and stop Giannis, Kawhi, or Durant...we've seen that happen a lot now. He won't do it at the start but when the value of possessions starts to get known you see it come out. Dame and CJ simply can't do it. It's why they will always be underdogs.

I always felt that Portland should move on from CJ, I get its a sexy pairing but they are far too similar.

12. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Not sure why this warrants so much nuance. Portland might be more of a challenge for the Lakers as an 8 seed that's it. It doesn't deserve this much discussion.

13. Juxtaposed Jolt

I mean, it's the NBA Dish and it's a likely matchup in the first round. You're gonna gatekeep discussing basketball on a basketball forum? That first round thread is going to be awfully empty, then...

JayGoogle likes this.
  14. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

I like it. Sometimes you gotta remind people it's just one game. I was mad Dame missed both those free throws but whatever they still can whip the Lakers a$$ in the playoffs.

15. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

That game thread is only going to be populated by UPSET talk if Portland/Memphis/Suns make it a series. If you want to discuss why an 8 seed is going to lose to a 1 seed go ahead. It's a waste of time and no fun.

16. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Clippers Dame feud exploding on social media. These guys are all in the same place. hoping for a brawl

Gabe0941 likes this.
  17. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Nothing ever goes the Rockets way. Im preparing my body for the OKC/Clippers path..

#37 DreamShook, Aug 8, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 8, 2020
  18. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

uh oh, wait a minute, Utah ties the game.

19. MystikArkitect

This game should be played over yackety sax.

20. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I swear Denver has maneuvering for seeding down to a science.