1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NBA Game Action 4/15/2022 : [2022] Play-In Tournament Thread - Elimination Round

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by DreamShook, Apr 14, 2022.

?

Who is the 8th seed?

Poll closed Apr 17, 2022.
  1. Hawks

65.4%
  2. Cavs

34.6%
  3. Pelicans

53.8%
  4. Clippers

34.6%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. lionaire

lionaire Member

bron curse hit different

i3artow i3aller likes this.
  2. WestendMassive

I am also a fan of the impacts of the Herb
    [​IMG]

3. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Play in is basically game 7 do or die, fun to watch for fans without any skin in da game.

4. T for 3

T for 3 Member

Another year, another Clippers choke. I can sleep happy tonight

hakeem94 and i3artow i3aller like this.
  5. rfrocket

rfrocket Member

Yeah they really hit the jackpot with him (7p 7r -7+/-).
    At least he was the 6th leading scorer on the team.
    All kidding aside he is a 2nd round gem and looks to have a long career but there's no way you would take him over Jalen or say he's had a better rookie season!

I wanted the clips gone but I also didn't want the pels in the playoffs so Bill Simmons couldn't use that as part of his narrative.
    Pels do look to have a bright future, especially if Zion comes back healthy.

i3artow i3aller and roslolian like this.
  6. WestendMassive

The ghost of the SuperSonics hate is still there. Well, it is for me anyway

i3artow i3aller likes this.
  7. Reeko

Reeko Member

NBA needs to do a much better job with team promotion

if we get 25+ national TV games for the likes of the Lakers and 15+ for the Knicks next year while the Grizzlies and Wolves get 5 combined, then that will be pathetic

Denver should have Porter and Murray back next year…give them some more shine

Jokic about to win B2B MVPs, and it’s like he doesn’t even exist because he hardly gets any buzz

Pistons and Rockets will be adding 2 top rookies to Cade and Jalen Green…give them a national TV game here or there…Rockets vs Pelicans…Rockets vs Pistons or other upstart young teams for example

do a lot more flexing of games too…way to many nationally televised Laker and Nets games…those 2 teams were often unwatchable

promote things that aren’t Lebron, Curry, or the Lakers

I’m scrolling through YouTube and I saw a 1st Take segment with the headline “Are LaMelo’s Days Numbered in Charlotte”…Seriously, wtf? NBA media is a freaking disease

they were already talking about Zion to NY the night he got drafted

Easy, hakeem94, JayGoogle and 4 others like this.
  8. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

9. Reeko

Reeko Member

Herb Jones still a media plant to me

ain’t hear about this dude all year until it’s time to vote for All-Rookie teams, and then all of the sudden, Scottie Pippen had been playing down in New Orleans all along, and there’s no way u can put Jalen Green 1st Team over Pippen

10. i3artow i3aller

11. vator

vator Contributing Member

12. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I'll never forget that...they literally made up a story about how he REALLY wanted to go to New York and were trying to finesse teams on passing on him. His dad had to come out and deny that outright.

"He could threaten to go back to college!" they said...

hakeem94, i3artow i3aller and Reeko like this.
  13. i3artow i3aller

14. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

naw he's not a plant. Rockets twitter got mad at KOC and Bill Simmons putting Herb on their first team rookie over Jalen and Bill Simmons slandering Jalen Green while he did it. Now it seems the media has taken notice and all they can talk about is Herb.

I will add that KOC has been talking about the impact of Herb for a long time, before it was popular.

they are going to love him forever. its good to have the media in your pocket.

dmoneybangbang likes this.
  15. The geth & the reaper

Bright future?? You mean they’ll be in playoff contention for 3 or 4 years before they start to pay their players Max contract money only to be 2nd round fodder. Then theyll trade one of their players on a max contract for another guy on max contract, but with more years on it so they can loose again in the 2nd round and come to the realization that you can put lipstick on a pig but it’s still a pig(2nd round fodder)! We all know how this will end. Their players will ask to be traded, they’ll trade them for picks and start the tanking process all over again, rinse and repeat.

this a superstar mvp type of league, if you don’t have one those guys then most likely you don’t have a bright future only one that’s inevitably mediocre.

16. Reeko

Reeko Member

How often u seen a rookie get pushed this heavy out the blue? Not a peep about Herb Jones until it became time to leave Jalen Green off 1st-Team

17. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I've never seen it. But when it's time to slander the rockets the media move as one.

Rockets fans on twitter were so annoying with Bill Simmons I bet the media was like, bet. They are going to push Herb until the end of time. Jalen going to have to put up more 40 pt games.

I have never seen the media ignore a run like Green had.

ElPigto, Reeko and i3artow i3aller like this.
  18. i3artow i3aller

Felt like all I heard was how Green's play was bumping Giddey out of the top five and then suddenly the hipsters all came out of the woodwork pushing Herbie which is bananas.

Reeko likes this.
  19. Reeko

Reeko Member

that’s why I call him a media plant

not saying Herb didn’t have a nice rookie season, but they needed someone to take Green’s spot on 1st-Team, and he was the best option…now he’s getting all this manufactured, synthetic, plant based buzz

the Herb hype is not coming from a natural place

20. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

because they remind you of your own rockets and how pathetic, and hopeless indeed, is to lose games on purpose, not compete and just work on amassing the assets for years and years....