1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NBA Game Action: 3/29/2018

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Clutch, Mar 29, 2018.

1. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

What are you smoking? Speaking of facts, I never said they weren't fun, I never said they weren't well behaved. That's you reading something into my comments that weren't there. By all accounts, Steph in particular seems like a really good family man....Klay seems a little douchy but no more douchy than any mega wealthy 20 something professional athlete would be.

Let me explain what I mean by entitlement because I'm not trying to imply they are spoiled. They(referring to Klay and Steph) didn't have as hard a road to the NBA as most players - since they were kids they had nice gyms, the best training staff, and tons of encouragement and support from NBA staff for them to make it into the league. Certainly they put in the hard work and earned their way there but they can work hard and still be entitled because they have been groomed to be an NBA winners since they were kids shooting on the court with professional teams in warmups...and they have been winners in the NBA...but we are talking about adults who have only seen themselves as that winner their whole life.

My point is, they were a good players on a good team who caught some great luck with opponent injuries to win a title at a young age - seemingly realizing the narrative of their whole life and built on that with newfound confidence to do things many players wouldn't even think of trying(shooting from waaayyyy deep). Then they took that confidence with their well built team and rode to 73 wins only to lose composure at the end(after several Draymond "accidents" resulted in a suspension) to peak Lebron refusing to be denied. Last year it was much of the same - they were on the receiving end of FA luck with the cap spike that gave them room to sign an all world talent in addition to some injury luck in the playoffs....but we STILL dont' know what this team will do when the luck runs out and they are forced to fight on equal footing with other teams in a 7 game series. That's why I bring up the entitlement because Klay & Steph have never been in this position before and though they are good dudes - we don't know and probably THEY don't know how they are going to respond when push comes to shove when they are on equal footing with their opponents. In those rare times that they have been tested, there has been cracks of a team losing their composure and Durant's rise in ejections this year is another example of that.