1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NBA Game Action : 12/22/2020

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by DreamShook, Dec 22, 2020.

1. TimDuncanDonaut

With the 2nd unit, thought maybe GSW might cut into the lead. End of Q1/beginning of Q2, Been at least 8 min with KD/Kyrie on the bench. Kerr's timeout didn't do much.

2. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

Curry gonna get exposed this season.

He's not even a top 10 player when he's not surrounded by multiple all-stars.

3. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Naw, there was no way. GSW has nobody on that bench who can do anything, lol.

TimDuncanDonaut and HP3 like this.
  4. Little Bit

Little Bit Member

5. WestendMassive

Steph gonna get exposed as the most overrated "top 5 player" if he stays healthy

6. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

For all the acclaim kerr has gotten, I haven't seen him make many adjustments. Teams caught up to the warriors motion heavy offense by switching and he was slow to adjust. He was also hesitant with the death lineup and it took mid series for him to adjust in 2014.

Even last year after klay and Durant went down, he ran the same offense against the box and 1. Curry running off screens were not going to work, yet they kept at it.

As for curry's legacy, agree that a down year will have some impact, but not much.
    Most (afaik)have him somewhere between 13-20. He won't drop much but won't move up too much either. He seems to have lost a lot of the one on one scoring abilities as well as some of his quickness he had in 2015-16.

TimDuncanDonaut, HP3 and JayGoogle like this.
  7. YOLO

YOLO Member

Jeff green is having fun

HP3 and DreamShook like this.
  8. HP3

HP3 Member

2015-2016 Curry was just on one.....man, the level of confidence that man had was insane. There was no hesitation to any of his jumpers.

blahblehblah likes this.
  9. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Green playing more minutes than I expected.

Nobody beating the Nets in the East. lmao. I bet Heat and Bucks are super angry they missed their window.

KelvinCato13 and TimDuncanDonaut like this.
  10. HP3

HP3 Member

:(

11. Rockets4Life13

He's not overrated. Being able to move off the Ball is a skill. Just as ISO is a skill.
    Curry with good players >> Harden with good players

Harden without good players >>>>>>> Curry without good players.

That's about the difference. you can't find another shooter like curry - but he needs to be enabled by his team.

csnerd84 likes this.
  12. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I agree completely with this post the only thing is I know I've seen a lot of people put Curry top 5 all time PGs.

ESPN for example put him #4 above Thomas, CP3, Nash...personally, for me, I think these guys are all pretty close and interchangeable but if Klay doesn't return to form and Curry just kind of spends the tail end of his career on bad to mediocre teams I could easily see putting Thomas over him and one could make the argument that GSWs championship teams get no worse with CP3.

To be fair to the Warriors, they won't be going up against the Nets every night too. They should at least be contending for a playoff spot, that's a realistic goal with an all-NBA player like Steph.

13. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

They're playing Jeff at his natural position as small ball 5.. Nets playing multiple ways.. very scary.. uh oh.. lol.

14. HP3

HP3 Member

There is no evidence for this.

vator likes this.
  15. YOLO

YOLO Member

He’s also in the lineup when jarret Allen is in the game. There’s plenty of minutes for him in diff positions over there

DreamShook likes this.
  16. Little Bit

Little Bit Member

No dancing or showboating for Curry this year.

Rockets4Life13 likes this.
  17. TimDuncanDonaut

Mouth guard Curry v. cornrose Curry deserve its own thread? :p

18. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I thought Nash was just going to adopt MDA's philosophies on everything when he hired him. It appears MDA is there just to collect a check.

TimDuncanDonaut likes this.
  19. YOLO

YOLO Member

Mda being there with Nash just further solidifies the nets being a offensive juggernaut

Os Trigonum and HP3 like this.
  20. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

First time watching the nets, because why would anyone watch the nets lol.

Didn't realize joe harris was that tall. Look him up and saw he was 6"6. For some reason thought he was smaller. Dude is going to feast next to Durant and irving.

HP3 likes this.