1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NBA Free Agency 2016

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by ZomgZ, Jan 17, 2016.

1. ZomgZ

ZomgZ Member

http://hoopshype.com/2016/01/16/nba-free-agency-2016-the-top-players/

Some good players there, of course Durant the big fish. But you think about if you have a team like houston, Dwight ops-out, who could you add around harden to make this better team going forward.. Who could you trade away to get money to spend.

I like Al Hartford, Nick Batum, and Brandon Jennings.. put them around harden.
    It would be hard to get all those 3 , but imagine if you could.

2. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

i think al hartford is a little old for morey's plans. he will be 30 next season at the start.

it's quite depressing how lawson has fit in on the team this year.

3. rocketman12

rocketman12 Member

Batum. As a Francophone, I really wanted the rockets to keep him in 2008.

4. gunawanspurs

gunawanspurs Member

Naah, Batum will somehow end up as a Spur to replace Ginobili sometime in the future. :p

I think Diaw & Parker would approve that. :cool:

5. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

Obviously we all want Durant but if that doesn't happen I would like Conley TBH. Also pick up a cheap replacement stretch 4 like teletovic and another 3 and D wing like Courtney Lee. Resign motie and Dwight.

Conley/Bev
    Harden/Lee
    Ariza/Lee
    Motie/Teletovic
    Dwight/Capela

6. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Horford
    Whiteside
    DeRozan
    Gasol
    Batum
    Conely
    Anderson
    Gordon
    Dellevedova
    Jennings
    Turner
    J.Hill

This list goes on, but there is a LOT of players that could help this squad in this year's free agency outside of Durant. All of those names are restricted too (some player options, but unrestricted if they opt out).

Plus we will have to deal with Jones, Motie, Lawson and Howard this off season (if no trades are made) will be interesting.

7. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Unrestricted***

8. roslolian

roslolian Member

Lots of players can help us out, the nice thing with Lawson is even if he fizzled out I think we were able to renegotiate his contract so it is expiring, as a result right now we have his salary (12M)+ the 30% cap space increase coming off the books. Dwight has one of the biggest salaries so if he leaves then we might be able to afford 2 max FAs and form a new big 3 with Harden. My preference should definitely be with Durant though, if this season becomes salvageable (team looks better on paper than last year prior to all star break that's for sure) then we might see KD, Harden and Dwight on the same team which would be just fantastic.