1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NBA Fines Knicks $200,000 for Prohibited Workouts

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by HMMMHMM, Feb 3, 2011.

1. HMMMHMM

HMMMHMM Contributing Member

Full Story: http://www.nytimes.com/2011/02/04/sports/basketball/04knicks.htm

2. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Didn't the get punished at least once before for this same kind of thing?

3. HMMMHMM

I don't think so.

You might be thinking about the earlier report by Yahoo about this very same matter.

It's too bad the Knicks don't actually have to forfeit any draft picks.

4. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

Notice the continued assault on NY Knick basketball left by the reign of Isiah Thomas.

5. da_juice

da_juice Member

I think he's been trying to get back at them for beating him in '84. He did a pretty good job.

6. jim1961

jim1961 Member

Seems like a rather mild fine to me. Its not like were talking about 1 illegal workout, but rather over three years of them. 200k is a drop in the bucket. May as well been $200.

7. ling ling

ling ling Member

I'd cheat every year if they fine is only $200K.

8. BetterThanEver

BetterThanEver Contributing Member

I am happy that the Knicks only got fined and didn't lose their 2012 draft pick. That one is ours. :grin:

9. HMMMHMM

That was my thought exactly. Seems like a smart move, considering the type of money you're going to invest in the pick. Definitley worth the money.

Some reaction from some guys convering the NBA/Knicks:

[rquoter]Frank Isola:
    Knicks fined $200,000 for holding illegal workouts. Or as James Dolan likes to call it, "chump change."

Believe me Dolan's thrilled with Rodney Heard & Isiah. He's thinking, "so what, we got fined $200,000 for stealing W. Chandler. Great deal"

The fine doesn't hurt Isiah. If anything, Dolan likes that Isiah is willing to push the envelope to help the Knicks.

Adrian Wojnarowski:
    NBA's whitewashing of NY pre-draft violations has rivals fuming. "A parking ticket," one says of fines. Another: "I guess we have no rules."

After NBA refusal to dig on violations well-known within league for years, here's Y! story that forced 'probe': http://tinyurl.com/4qkaqb7
    [/rquoter]

:mad: :eek:

10. MONON

MONON Member

I don't think they have any draft picks to forfeit until 2014.

11. daeyeth

daeyeth Member

true. last 3 years for knicks = toney douglas, jordan hill, danilo gallinari, and wilson chandler

i'd like to know who they were working out with so we can steal them

12. mrjuandiego1988

they cheat and there still trash over the years? only decent player is fields!