1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[NBA Finals] Lakers vs. Magic

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by ItsMyFault, May 30, 2009.

?

Who will win the NBA Championship and in how many?

Poll closed Jun 4, 2009.
  1. Lakers in 4

8 vote(s)
    3.2%
  2. Lakers in 5

19 vote(s)
    7.6%
  3. Lakers in 6

67 vote(s)
    26.7%
  4. Lakers in 7

17 vote(s)
    6.8%
  5. Magic in 4

7 vote(s)
    2.8%
  6. Magic in 5

9 vote(s)
    3.6%
  7. Magic in 6

84 vote(s)
    33.5%
  8. Magic in 7

40 vote(s)
    15.9%
  1. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

2009 NBA Finals

Lakers vs. Magic (All games on ABC)

Who wins the NBA Championship and in how many games?

2. Galaksy

Galaksy Member

Magics in 4. :D

3. mw_mw

mw_mw Member

Orlando will win

4. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Lakers in 5.

5. Dei

Dei Member

Can't believe that, if won't be Kobe, it'll be Rafer who'll be bringing home a championship ring. RAFER. How great it is to be in the East.

6. NafeesLACC

NafeesLACC Member

There is still some Time left in the game

15 minutes to go

11pt lead

7. Kojirou

Kojirou Member

Cavs in 5 :D

8. rocketsregle

rocketsregle Contributing Member

I pick Lakers in 6.

9. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

This post doesn't belong here. It goes in the Cavs-Magic discussion thread.

10. Noob Cake

Noob Cake Member

Game 7, Rafer Alston offensive rebound, game winning shot, putback.

Dwight needs to pimp Bynum's ass hard this series to force a Howard vs Gasol series. Magic doesn't have the depth to guard Gasol (Stern's gift to Fakers).

11. thacabbage

thacabbage Contributing Member

Lakers in 4 or 5.

12. Obito

Obito Contributing Member

Magic in 8.

13. Kojirou

Kojirou Member

I honestly have no idea, because goddamnit, I have no clue how the Magic will shoot the 3. I am favoring the Lakers, but I would not be surprised in the slightest if the Magic win.

14. Donatello

Donatello Member

This will be such an interesting series. How will the Master of Panic fare against the Zen Master? (Mike Brown has been thoroughly exposed as an elite coach)

15. JujuxG

JujuxG Member

i just want a good series, dont really care who win.

16. doublebogey

doublebogey Member

Fakers in 5.

Magic's offense lacks of execution and discipline. Phil will kill them anyday of the week.

Phil, please retire. I just can't bear the luck Phil have. Even when the Fakers were hopeless, Chris Wallace handed u Pau Gasol to get u another run.

17. Chamillionaire

lakers will take it, in a sweep or 5.

18. Chamillionaire

plus the lakers can match magic's size. i mean, the magic play 2 6'10 forwards with dwight, and the lakers can match them with bynum, odom, and gasol. kobe has the advantage at the 2 spot and i'd say the pg is even. bench goes to the lakers. on paper, lakers are a better team, but then again, if the magic are hitting their 3's, maybe there's a good possibility of an upset.

19. ymc

ymc Member

As a reference, Magic is 2-0 against Lakers in the regular season. :D

20. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

One thing I guarantee you is PJ will disregard Rafer's outside shot and they will bait him into shooting as much as possible. I predict he will be a bricklayer each game.

Pau or Bynum (whichever guy is not guarded by Howard) will have the opportunity to go ballistic against the Magic because neither Rashard Lewis nor Turkey-Glue can hope to guard either one in the low block. On the other end, it's imperative Rashard or Hedo go back at them hard on the other end.

Howard will have a lot tougher time on offense because both Bynum and Pau can guard him better than Big Z or Varajao. They will foul him hard (especially Bynum) and test his maturity and ability to hit FTs. Big Z played very soft this series, even by his own standards. I missed big chunks of some of the games, but I don't remember Howard taking many very hard fouls. The Cavs did not bring any toughness at all against the Magic. The Lakers will punish Howard to throw him off his game. On the other end, Pau has the moves and quickness to draw fouls and Howard must use his head and not go for fakes.

If Kobe continues his hot shooting, he will toast Pietrus and whoever else just like he did Denver. To save energy, I wouldn't be surprised if PJ puts Kobe on Rafer so he can rest on defense. (Then again, Courtney Lee isn't exactly a scoring machine so maybe not).

3-point shooting may ultimately decide this series. If the Magic free-stroke against the Lakers like against the Cavs, they have a very good chance to win. I doubt they will.

Ariza will have lots of open looks and it's important he continue stroking. Nobody knows which Lamar Odom will show up from game to game. Nobody on the Magic is capable of keeping up with him if he plays well. The Magic will need Pietrus to keep shooting well since nobody else on their bench is worth a plugged nickel.

1 person likes this.