1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    GAME 7 ORLANDO vs CLEVELAND. Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

[NBA Finals] Do you think the officiating is rigged?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by RedRedemption, Jun 5, 2011.

?

Are the referees one-sided in this series?

1. Yes - Stern just wants to prolong the series to generate $$$.

49.6%
  2. No - Referees are just a bunch of stupid, incompetent morons.

41.6%
  3. No - All the calls were justified.

8.8%
  1. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

He is not a Heat fanboy, lol. I started this thread. If you want to direct your hatred towards someone; direct them at me Dirkrider. Call me when you start to root for the right team in Texas.

2. Shrimz

Shrimz Member

woopsies rofl. quoted the wrong person.

3. Shrimz

Shrimz Member

i meant to quote you instead. and of course i root for the rockets. but i'd rather have another texas team that has heart win it rather than the heat. I don't see why so many people don't want another texas team to win it. im always rockets first then mavs, then spurs

4. RedRedemption

Spurs and Mavs are division rivals dude. Are you serious? You actually root for them? Grizzlies I might understand because they are from another state at least, Hornets as well...

Remember this: the better other Texas teams do, the worse the Rockets look.

5. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

even the psot game crew in LA talks about how lebron gets zero calls in this series.

he needs to overcome that and just attack more

6. RedRedemption

The few plays that he did attack; he ended up getting no calls. Until the refs decide that "hey, I think we're making this too obvious guys" then maybe LeBron will get a compensation call or two.

7. Shrimz

Shrimz Member

rockets first.. if the rockets arent in the playoffs then im rooting for the mavs or spurs

8. RedRedemption

It's like rooting for the Jazz. Yikes...

9. BleedRocketsRed

BleedRocketsRed Contributing Member

In my lifetime, there has been one playoff series which the refs handed to the Mavs (partly because of Cuban). It is NOTHING like rooting for the Jazz.

It was sweet seeing Dallas get robbed in '06 and it was even sweeter seeing them win 67 games to go down in the 1st round against GS in '07. But I think they have paid their dues.

While I have zero respect for Terry and despise Cuban, the # of douchebags on Dallas are way lower. Gotta root for them by default.

1 person likes this.
  10. RedRedemption

Following that logic it will be even SWEETER seeing the Dallas Mavericks fall to the Miami Heat once again and seeing Dirk pout like a little baby.

11. RoxSqaud

RoxSqaud Member

The NBA needs a Dana White.

12. Steve_Francis_rules

My theory about tonight's game: Dan Crawford was finally starting to get worried about how much attention he's getting when he refs Dallas games (they were something like 2-15 in the playoffs when he refs), so the crew went out of the way to make every call go in favor of the Mavs.

13. conquistador#11

They made up for that horrible back court violation by not calling that obvious foul on Marion when Bronbaby was shooting.
    First game I thought that the refs did a decent job. Bosh made his jumpshot; Dirk missed his, a balanced game is all you can ask for.

14. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

Dirk my *****!!!....Cant stand the Mavs but if they win , Id be happy for Dirk....
    Dude has put in work thru the ups and downs.... He would have looked great in a Rockets uni though

15. RedRedemption

As much as I despise Dirk and the Mavs. Dirk on the Rockets would make for a very good team.

16. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

No need to give the Heat any additional help from the refs.... Its hard enough I imagine for a team....Imagine if they got the calls they were gettin in the regular season??? Then yall would be b****ing about it not being much of a series....Heat would DESTROYS Dallas if they got Lebron and Wade got their usual calls

17. clippy

clippy Member

Anyone who doesn't think this game was poorly officiated (in favor of the Mavs) doesn't know a damn thing about basketball.

18. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

yeah just gotta go through the period of occasional first round exits to lower seeds.... But it would be all good in the end

19. Mr. Space City

i just don't understand how durant and westbrook lived at the free throw line in the WCF yet lebron and wade can't buy a call at times.

i don't think it's rigged. just inconsistent. it seems like people have a problem with the inconsistency at times with officiating in the nba. then again the nba is a tough sport to officiate.

20. PeppermintCandy

The toughest. And I think the refs don't call all the fouls they could either, because they don't want to bog down the pace of the game. Which is really ridiculous if you think about it. In what other sport is that acceptable?

But what I really don't get are the fans who seem to truly believe that the game is rigged by Stern and the refs. I mean, why watch the games at all if you're convinced this thing is no different than the WWE?